Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Madness!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure it's anymore mental than us valuing Maddison at £60m +, arguably Brooks had a better season than him as well! There's just less fanfare about Brooks than Maddison.

Go on then, argue Brooks has had a better season, 5 goals 7 assists compared with Maddison 7 goals 7 assists.

Maddison eighth in Europe for chances created, Brooks- not on the list!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

The latest absolutely mental one I seen today is Bournemouth valuing David Brooks at £50m amid Man Utd interest.  A very good player but £50m come on!

People are getting the wrong idea of this sort of thing, Bournemouth have slapped on a £50m valuation because they don't want to sell him. So valuing him at £50m Manchester United should now be put off and move onto other targets.

I'm sure if you managed to get an honest opinion from the club they wouldn't have him anywhere near that value.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

People are getting the wrong idea of this sort of thing, Bournemouth have slapped on a £50m valuation because they don't want to sell him. So valuing him at £50m Manchester United should now be put off and move onto other targets.

I'm sure if you managed to get an honest opinion from the club they wouldn't have him anywhere near that value.

Yeah I get that part of it, but in the mad world of the EPL club's slap these valuations on players and clubs end up paying it lol!  Sigurdsson for example who went for close to £50m.

4 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah I get that part of it, but in the mad world of the EPL club's slap these valuations on players and clubs end up paying it lol!  Sigurdsson for example who went for close to £50m.

Correct so why have a problem with the team slapping the we don't want to sell price on. Blame the fecking idiots that pay it. 

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Correct so why have a problem with the team slapping the we don't want to sell price on. Blame the fecking idiots that pay it. 

I'm not blaming the team that's setting the valuation I'm just commenting on how the whole thing is 'Madness' and inflated as per the thread!

2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I'm not blaming the team that's setting the valuation I'm just commenting on how the whole thing is 'Madness' and inflated as per the thread!

It's the EPL for you. Six of our end of season squad could fetch £300m+ are they worth it NO but if you want them you will pay. 

2 hours ago, notnow john said:

Go on then, argue Brooks has had a better season, 5 goals 7 assists compared with Maddison 7 goals 7 assists.

Maddison eighth in Europe for chances created, Brooks- not on the list!

Brooks wasn't the main set piece taker for Bournemouth, that accounts for the majority of Maddison's goals and assists. Brooks was one of the nominees for PFA young player of the year, Maddison wasn't included in that list.

Both are fantastic talents, Brooks a little less hyped up or fancy than Maddison and is already scoring and assisting for his inferior national team. Hopefully in due course Maddison will do so even at U21 level for England and eventually the senior side. Big futures, wish we'd got Brooks as well as he'd have fitted in nicely in the Mahrez role.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Brooks wasn't the main set piece taker for Bournemouth, that accounts for the majority of Maddison's goals and assists. Brooks was one of the nominees for PFA young player of the year, Maddison wasn't included in that list.

Both are fantastic talents, Brooks a little less hyped up or fancy than Maddison and is already scoring and assisting for his inferior national team. Hopefully in due course Maddison will do so even at U21 level for England and eventually the senior side. Big futures, wish we'd got Brooks as well as he'd have fitted in nicely in the Mahrez role.

Ah,the old set piece chestnut!!

Hazard took Chelsea's set pieces  and finished below Maddison for chances created(10th).

Whoever nominates pfa awards,it's totally subjective.

I'm not knocking Brooks but it's irritating how keen some people are to denigrate our own

players potential.

Edited by notnow john
Spelling
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Ah,the old set piece chestnut!!

Hazard took Chelsea's set pieces  and finished below Maddison for chances created(10th).

Whoever nominates pfa awards,it's totally subjective.

I'm not knocking Brooks but it's irritating how keen some people are to denigrate our own

players potential.

I'm not particularly knocking Maddison, he had a decent season for us. He started well, was distinctly average from Sep through to Dec with a brief improvement and then doggo until Puel went and then finished the season really well. All in all it was a good first season and its evident he has a massive future for us. The hype though is a little misplaced, but do you know what? I'm glad because if we are to lose him it'll be for a big fee and his price is only going one way (upwards).

Brooks is one of my favourite players that doesnt ply his trade for us, and Bournemouth have every right to command £50m + for him as they dont want to lose him.

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Unfortunately in this world of football transfers it's about the only way to combat big teams coming in and taking your best players. On some occasions yes they will pay it, but most of the time they'd be put off the price tag.