Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Madness!

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chilwell, Maguire, Ricardo, Maddison, Ndidi .... NONE of these players will be going for less than £80m each. Harvey and Demarai have huge potential but their jobs require much improved output. 

This isn't me being unrealistic. The current market has been inflated by the TV deal and the big clubs spending obscene amounts. (Man City will claim that they’ve not been spending as much as the others but in reality, they’ve spent £50-60m on 10 players some of whom don’t get in their match day squads). The title win has also helped put us in a rather unique position. 

The unbelievable scouting we’ve done in recent years has paid off dividends and we've learnt our lesson from Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez:

1. No release clauses

2. No more than one first XI player will go in a year

3. No sale until OUR valuation is met

4. WE WILL NOT BE BULLIED. 

We have big ambitions and are proving we're capable of achieving them. 

So let the papers talk. Let the big teams come. Let the players sulk. We're Leicester City and we ****ing mean business.

image.png.4267568406cea720c04c40b9b1c65119.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chilwell, Maguire, Ricardo, Maddison, Ndidi .... NONE of these players will be going for less than £80m each. Harvey and Demarai have huge potential but their jobs require much improved output. 

This isn't me being unrealistic. The current market has been inflated by the TV deal and the big clubs spending obscene amounts. (Man City will claim that they’ve not been spending as much as the others but in reality, they’ve spent £50-60m on 10 players some of whom don’t get in their match day squads). The title win has also helped put us in a rather unique position. 

The unbelievable scouting we’ve done in recent years has paid off dividends and we've learnt our lesson from Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez:

1. No release clauses

2. No more than one first XI player will go in a year

3. No sale until OUR valuation is met

4. WE WILL NOT BE BULLIED. 

We have big ambitions and are proving we're capable of achieving them. 

So let the papers talk. Let the big teams come. Let the players sulk. We're Leicester City and we ****ing mean business.

Same applies to the other prem clubs.  I really do feel that the balance of power is shifting somewhat and, while we and others may not be able to compete on wages the "big" clubs are not going to get it all their own way in the future. Lets hope that this helps to even things up a little and we have a more competitive league. The main fear is that the likes of Chelsea hoovering up huge numbers of youngsters and then letting them rot in their U21s (maybe some rules on maximum length contracts for U21s unless they have played a minimum number of first team games?)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Absolutely loving it. This is everyone else telling the so called Big clubs to go **** off and find and develop your own talent rather than just trying to fleece ours. With the increased TV money clubs no longer have to sell to survive.  The clubs that have actually scouted, invested in and developed talent are holding all be cards at present. The only downside I see is that players and their agents will also see what is happening and they ill be more reluctant to sign long term deals without get out clauses. Once the current crop of contracts starts to run down then the power may shift towards the players as the clubs will not want them to go under freedom of contract.  Well done and a great bit of foresight by LCFC to get most of their best players on long term deals.

:appl:

You can see this effect already with Manchester United. They've neglected their own academy and relied on buying their solutions. Now they find that everyone is whacking on a "Man United tax" onto their players and they find themselves in quite the downward spiral. 

The only downside for me is that Man City are still top dogs despite having spent their way to success. They play great football, but I do feel like they cheated their way to success. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The TV money is meaning that so many more clubs can compete with the usual top 6. Ironic as they were the ones pushing for more of a commercial focus to the league and now they're losing their competitive advantage now it's happened :D 

It's funny how it was agreed the bigger clubs would get a bigger share of the TV money, but the lesser clubs can still afford to tell these clubs to jog on or pay what we want. It's going to be interesting in a few years as the smaller clubs can't/won't be forced to sell their best players (unless the player pushes for move). I can see the top 4 not being a top four for long and the field becoming alot more even. 

• Like 2

To stop a transfer happening - Man U ready to offer Pogba £500,000 a week

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7151589/Manchester-United-prepare-offer-unsettled-Paul-Pogba-500-000-week-Old-Trafford.html

Now that is madness! No doubt other players wiould also consider they are worth nore money , so would cost even more than the additional £10m a year for Pogba

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

:appl:

You can see this effect already with Manchester United. They've neglected their own academy and relied on buying their solutions. Now they find that everyone is whacking on a "Man United tax" onto their players and they find themselves in quite the downward spiral. 

The only downside for me is that Man City are still top dogs despite having spent their way to success. They play great football, but I do feel like they cheated their way to success. 

Your also seeing younger players going abroad for first team minutes versus languishing in the reserves. For big clubs, the academy is becoming a 'use it or lose it' proposition. 

• Like 1