Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

City in the carling cup 4th rd

The thing with Bolton is though even their weakest team has alot of experienced players in there. Allardyce isn't a big advocate for youngsters and has only bought through 2 players since he's been there (Hunt and Nolan) so he fills his squad up with ageing foreigners who seem to do the business.

I think we'll do well to get past 90 mins to be honest, but it's not out of the question. We need Smudger though.

The thing with Bolton is though even their weakest team has alot of experienced players in there. Allardyce isn't a big advocate for youngsters and has only bought through 2 players since he's been there (Hunt and Nolan) so he fills his squad up with ageing foreigners who seem to do the business.

I think we'll do well to get past 90 mins to be honest, but it's not out of the question. We need Smudger though.

That packed fixture list cant hurt though can it.

Accordign to quotes, Allardyce is taking the Carling Cup very seriously!! They seem to play a direct game with a difference, they lob alot of balls into the box anywhere from the wings, they are very physical, and rely on set pieces!! Aslong as we can cope with the physical and aerial threat of bolton we may have a chance!!

Accordign to quotes, Allardyce is taking the Carling Cup very seriously!! They seem to play a direct game with a difference, they lob alot of balls into the box anywhere from the wings, they are very physical, and rely on set pieces!! Aslong as we can cope with the physical and aerial threat of bolton we may have a chance!!

they will have a field day against us if they like their set pieces lol

I watched the Bolton game on Thursday night and it looked as if that Russian team had sussed them out until they practically gifted Bolton their goal. With a big man like Davies upfront, your defence can play high up the pitch because his pace isn't going to cause you many problems and he won't be able to score with a header from 35 yards out. Bolton do look dangerous on the flanks though. Players like Stelios and Nakata who seem to drift out wide will cause Maybury and Johansson problems if either set of players start the game and if we play with a flat back four. If Bolton field a near full strength team and we play Johansson especially at left back I can see us conceding from a ball in from the flank.

I watched the Bolton game on Thursday night and it looked as if that Russian team had sussed them out until they practically gifted Bolton their goal. With a big man like Davies upfront, your defence can play high up the pitch because his pace isn't going to cause you many problems and he won't be able to score with a header from 35 yards out. Bolton do look dangerous on the flanks though. Players like Stelios and Nakata who seem to drift out wide will cause Maybury and Johansson problems if either set of players start the game and if we play with a flat back four. If Bolton field a near full strength team and we play Johansson especially at left back I can see us conceding from a ball in from the flank.

Thursday night proved one thing about Bolton Wanderes

They can compete at European level......... their a very dangerous Water Polo side.

Archived