Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably the most important 4 games of his managerial career since 2014. Winning a league tops finishing top 4 with a less fancied club but it will still be a huge achievement if we do it. I worry for the psychological blow if he doesn't mastermind us to the top 4, will it be yet more evidence of being a nearly man? I'm sure the man has bullet proof confidence in himself, which is what I respect about him. I think he is the right man for the job here long term, I just so badly want him to not have to learn the hard way and get us top 4 and try and kick on. It could be massive for us, this is where he needs to show his class and earn his money.

We are the only team outside of the Big 6 (God I hate that term), to make the top 4 in the last 14 years, I still think people underestimate how hard it is to do!

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably the most important 4 games of his managerial career since 2014. Winning a league tops finishing top 4 with a less fancied club but it will still be a huge achievement if we do it. I worry for the psychological blow if he doesn't mastermind us to the top 4, will it be yet more evidence of being a nearly man? I'm sure the man has bullet proof confidence in himself, which is what I respect about him. I think he is the right man for the job here long term, I just so badly want him to not have to learn the hard way and get us top 4 and try and kick on. It could be massive for us, this is where he needs to show his class and earn his money.

This is true - what worries me is that managers are stubborn people - jose mourinho even raniari stuck to their ideas even when the evidence suggested that were wrong - they do it until they are sacked.  IMO Brendan needs to look had at the type of team a set up we need in each of he next few games.  Some, we need to go for it and  win with flare - others es we need to be much more cautious.   IF we play 3 at the back against spurs and man utd we will be thrashed by HT.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SO1 said:

Do you know the easy way? Not trying to be a dick. Just curious as to your perspective.:)

What I mean is, we miss top 4 and miss CL and it's a huge blow to the players, club and fans. Pressure is indirectly increased because of the magnitude of the failure, it will haunt them as a huge opportunity missed and history suggests we won't automatically get the same opportunity again. Therefore, any sticky patch and the issues will be blown out of proportion because of the supposed failure, i can picture it now. I'll be amazed if we don't qualify for CL and Rodgers goes on to build a real dynasty here, i can see him leaving within 18 months sadly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

What I mean is, we miss top 4 and miss CL and it's a huge blow to the players, club and fans. Pressure is indirectly increased because of the magnitude of the failure, it will haunt them as a huge opportunity missed and history suggests we won't automatically get the same opportunity again. Therefore, any sticky patch and the issues will be blown out of proportion because of the supposed failure, i can picture it now. I'll be amazed if we don't qualify for CL and Rodgers goes on to build a real dynasty here, i can see him leaving within 18 months sadly.

Thanks for taking the time. I understand how you feel but am hoping for the best. Whether Rodgers stays or goes we need goals.

The squad is not strong enough and needs investment in attacking players. We'll see what happens in the next window because that will tell us all we need to know.