Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree. already a ton of Rodgers threads so let's consolidate them, but yeah he's the real deal. A better coach than Emery and making Solskjaer and Lampard look out of their depth.

He ain't all that, just marginally better than Puel.

In all seriousness, he's clearly building something here and long may it continue but don't you rate Lampard? I saw most of their games and I'm see clear signs of improvement. They're still shaky at the back and probably won't have a great season by their standards, but I really like how they play and he's levels above the Hobbit imo. Only thing I don't understand is why Pulisic isn't getting game time

13 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

He ain't all that, just marginally better than Puel.

In all seriousness, he's clearly building something here and long may it continue but don't you rate Lampard? I saw most of their games and I'm see clear signs of improvement. They're still shaky at the back and probably won't have a great season by their standards, but I really like how they play and he's levels above the Hobbit imo. Only thing I don't understand is why Pulisic isn't getting game time

I do rate Lampard actually his team has an actual style to them. But they lost 4-0 to Man U and there’s so much space between their midfield and defensive block that it looks like Moses has parted the seas and led people to freedom through there! That’s why I feel it’s kind of obvious at times he’s still learning the role, though he has a lot of potential.

Regarding Pulisic - he’s vastly overrated. His fee was so large because being USA’s best player his commercial value is enormous. That’s not to say he’s bad but he’s probably a player that should be at a Leicester than a Chelsea. His statistics were not that good at Dortmund and once he got injured Sancho came in and never looked back. If you compare the two then Sancho is way, way better. Pulisic could become good but I think it will take him quite a while to get there. I’d rate Hudson-Odoi and Mount as better players already I think. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I do rate Lampard actually his team has an actual style to them. But they lost 4-0 to Man U and there’s so much space between their midfield and defensive block that it looks like Moses has parted the seas and led people to freedom through there! That’s why I feel it’s kind of obvious at times he’s still learning the role, though he has a lot of potential.

Regarding Pulisic - he’s vastly overrated. His fee was so large because being USA’s best player his commercial value is enormous. That’s not to say he’s bad but he’s probably a player that should be at a Leicester than a Chelsea. His statistics were not that good at Dortmund and once he got injured Sancho came in and never looked back. If you compare the two then Sancho is way, way better. Pulisic could become good but I think it will take him quite a while to get there. I’d rate Hudson-Odoi and Mount as better players already I think. 

Spot on regarding Pulisic

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I had thought of Pulisic as a Leicester target just before Chelsea signed him but I'm not so sure he'd be in the 11 the way this club is going. US media is up on arms over him not playing.

2 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

I had thought of Pulisic as a Leicester target just before Chelsea signed him but I'm not so sure he'd be in the 11 the way this club is going. US media is up on arms over him not playing.

I don’t want to be too harsh as he’s not hopeless by any means. But Dortmund did some Maguire to Man Utd levels of mugging off there. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I completely agree with that, however it was his first game in charge and ManU had an usual clinical finish. I feel that the gaps are tightening though, and Rüdiger will come back at some point. I back him to do a much better job than OGS who already looks like a dead man walking. 

I guess I fell for the hype then, as I didn't see much of him when he was at Dortmund. Mount is impressive and Sancho the real deal, I'd hate to see him end at Old Trafford, although it's likely to never happen. Maybe a cheeky punt from us, lol. 

I guess I'll stop derailing this thread. Much appreciated reply :thumbup:

It's not just the manager, the owners are magnificent.  I look at ALL the other clubs and I honestly think we have the best owners in the premier league and beyond.  It's a great time to be a Leicester fan at the moment, we are building something special.  Hold tight!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree. already a ton of Rodgers threads so let's consolidate them, but yeah he's the real deal. A better coach than Emery and making Solskjaer and Lampard look out of their depth.

They are both out of their depth.

Lampard may turn into a decent coach, but it's far too early to say if he'll be successful. 

As for OGS.....I still can't believe Man Utd appointed him. I doubt any other P/L club would have even considered him. So far out of his depth it's almost embarrassing. And to think he is in change of rebuilding that club! If he's still there by Xmas I'll be amazed.

19 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

This guy is a genius 

we are so so lucky to have him 

something really special building 

very special 

Yesterday was special. Newcastle were poor, bereft of any quality. We played positively and won well. 'Genius' we read on here!

Man Utd were equally as poor. We played negatively and lost. 'No better than Puel' we read on here!

The reactions on here will always reflect our latest results. Half a dozen bad results where we play badly and this forum will be full of 'get rid'.

Martin O'Neill was right when he said 'a manager is only as good as his last result'.

We're probable not as good as we think when we win, we're probably not as bad as we think when we lose!

Enjoy the good times!

He has charisma, much like O'Neill has and I think that goes a long way in terms of motivation and man-management.

I think we are a great fit for each other at the moment but if he continues his success he will be off at the first sniff of a top job.