Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

You have a very rose tinted view, you talk as if 18 months is nothing, I think you stuck in decades past, in modern football 18 months is an eternity.

But what you are completely ignoring, which I dont know is out of ignorance or convenience, is the momentum.

We have been progressively declining and are currently in relegation form, this form has not lasted a few games, its lasted for almost half a season.  Its not a blip, its a new trend.  The club doesnt have money to rehaul the squad either, so I dont know where you get the idea from that will happen in a single summer window, especially when the parent company has no income right now.

If our form dropped to mid table form, I dont think this discussion would be even happening, I think we all would have accepted if our form dropped of a bit, to mid table form, but that is not what has happened, there is no benefit to pretending things are different to the reality.

There is claims the players are at fault, the players are not good enough, we will have lots of money in the summer.  If the players were not good enough we wouldnt have got the results we got, we can also clearly play better, he changed the formation second half against everton and we improved noticeably, most of the problems right now is due to tactical errors by the manager.

After the everton game he should have been in the sky interview slamming the referees for VAR, get him self fined or whatever, but its what good managers do to make the referees think again, the team should be training on another couple of formations, and he needs to be prepared to change things 20 mins into a game when it isnt working.  I dont mean like for like subs, I mean actual tactical shape/formation changes.  He needs to start earning that salary.

The players sitting back, the bad formation, vardy been isolated, passing sideways and backwards, is not bad form its bad tactics.

You’ve missed the point of my post. 

The problem with sacking Rodgers is you have to replace him.  And a LCFC that’s not in the CL is going to struggle to attract strong candidates.

I think our problems are serious and BR has done nothing in his career to suggest he has any answers.  He’s following his usual pattern, just a little faster than expected.  But as I’ve said, even if we crash out of Champions League I think you have to give him the first month or two of next season to show he’s turned it around.  If this form continues though, that should be that.

When it comes to the next manager I think we should follow the same strategy we try to do with players.  Look for a young, up and coming talent not yet proven enough to command a job at one of the power clubs rather than an established name who’s a fallen star.  And I don’t give a rat’s as$ whether he’s British or not.

• Like 1

He's about to give us a top 6 finish minimum. He's not being sacked lol

It can take time to build a team. Even the likes of Pep and Klopp don't shine in their first season in England.

Yes there are concerns, but I think he's done enough to earn the summer and start next summer regardless. 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Maybe, but results always come first, a owner can have a plan, but it doesnt mean anything if the results dont happen.

I would rather be proven wrong, we keep Rodgers and have success with him, I dont hate him, so I dont appreciate been called a hater.  

We no liverpool, no man city, also we no celtic either where we can buy all of the league's best players. He isnt going to fix it by buying himself out of trouble, hes got to sort his tactical errors out and quickly.

Also if any players are demotivated, thats on the manager as well, thats where the buck stops sadly.

Did I call you a hater?  I don't think I mentioned you or anyone in my post!  You can't deny there are some people on this Forum who are never pleased with the manager and want them sacked toute de suite.  If there is an accusation to lay at Rodgers door, it would be he was too gung ho against Sheikh city & Liverpool, this has dented the confidence of some of the squad, who realised that they were not as good as they thought.  Rodgers is trying to reninstall tha

12 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Maybe, but results always come first, a owner can have a plan, but it doesnt mean anything if the results dont happen.

I would rather be proven wrong, we keep Rodgers and have success with him, I dont hate him, so I dont appreciate been called a hater.  

We no liverpool, no man city, also we no celtic either where we can buy all of the league's best players. He isnt going to fix it by buying himself out of trouble, hes got to sort his tactical errors out and quickly.

Also if any players are demotivated, thats on the manager as well, thats where the buck stops sadly.

Did I call you a hater?  I don't think I mentioned you or anyone in my post!  You can't deny there are some people on this Forum who are never pleased with the manager and want them sacked toute de suite.  If there is an accusation to lay at Rodgers door, it would be he was too gung ho against Sheikh city & Liverpool, this has dented the confidence of some of the squad, who realised that they were not as good as they thought.  Rodgers is trying to reninstall thath belief......whithout much success though!

•  
  • Like 1

Sack sack sack .... it’s all some people want on here ! It takes time to build a team and he made a great start and the team have been found wanting on return players like Vardy need to look at themselves right now , Jamie hasn’t been the same since the baby came , is all ok there ? Chillwell also gone off the boil , The Belgian lads look like a pair of buns (Bums) right now and so many others are on the beach I liked the way Rodgers was able to get a massive response at half time against Everton but this is a team that is possible at best at top 6 or 7 , you are deluded if you think it’s better than that, Rodger made them better than that but the break has allowed them to rest on laurels , Vardy is the biggest let down he really isn’t doing it and my fear is that has always led to a sacking of the manager, but given its 30-40m to sack Rodgers I doubt that’s happening anytime soon nor should it ! 

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

You have a very rose tinted view, you talk as if 18 months is nothing, I think you stuck in decades past, in modern football 18 months is an eternity.

But what you are completely ignoring, which I dont know is out of ignorance or convenience, is the momentum.

We have been progressively declining and are currently in relegation form, this form has not lasted a few games, its lasted for almost half a season.  Its not a blip, its a new trend.  The club doesnt have money to rehaul the squad either, so I dont know where you get the idea from that will happen in a single summer window, especially when the parent company has no income right now.

If our form dropped to mid table form, I dont think this discussion would be even happening, I think we all would have accepted if our form dropped of a bit, to mid table form, but that is not what has happened, there is no benefit to pretending things are different to the reality.

There is claims the players are at fault, the players are not good enough, we will have lots of money in the summer.  If the players were not good enough we wouldnt have got the results we got, we can also clearly play better, he changed the formation second half against everton and we improved noticeably, most of the problems right now is due to tactical errors by the manager.

After the everton game he should have been in the sky interview slamming the referees for VAR, get him self fined or whatever, but its what good managers do to make the referees think again, the team should be training on another couple of formations, and he needs to be prepared to change things 20 mins into a game when it isnt working.  I dont mean like for like subs, I mean actual tactical shape/formation changes.  He needs to start earning that salary.

The players sitting back, the bad formation, vardy been isolated, passing sideways and backwards, is not bad form its bad tactics.

👏👏👏👏👏

42 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Sack sack sack .... it’s all some people want on here ! It takes time to build a team and he made a great start and the team have been found wanting on return players like Vardy need to look at themselves right now , Jamie hasn’t been the same since the baby came , is all ok there ? Chillwell also gone off the boil , The Belgian lads look like a pair of buns (Bums) right now and so many others are on the beach I liked the way Rodgers was able to get a massive response at half time against Everton but this is a team that is possible at best at top 6 or 7 , you are deluded if you think it’s better than that, Rodger made them better than that but the break has allowed them to rest on laurels , Vardy is the biggest let down he really isn’t doing it and my fear is that has always led to a sacking of the manager, but given its 30-40m to sack Rodgers I doubt that’s happening anytime soon nor should it ! 

...what i cannot understand is why are people citing the return as the problem!!

We were pretty poor prior to the shutdown and anyone who were attributing the reason being down to fatigue throughout the squad or individually have now got their answer.

Teams know how to nullify us, the manager is unable to find a way around this, which has now, for some, has led to a confidence issue (in the manager) from the supporters and evidently the players.

I'm still fully behind Rodgers and his coaching staff but his comments about the squad lacking maturity is beggars belief. We've PL winners Schmeichel, Evans, Albrighton and Vardy playing and Fuchs and Morgan around the camp helping to lead by example. It irks me that we are often billed a young team because we're not, pretty much every player who come sin to our first team in their early 20's is already vastly experienced for their age, we seldom pick novices and allow them to develop.

Ndidi has huge experience for his age domestically, internationally and in Europe, likewise Soyuncu, Chilwell, Tielemans, Praet and Iheanacho. The only players who might still need that opportunity knocks experience is Barnes, Maddison and Justin but all three are no wet lettuces, they've had to fight for things in the lower leagues and have consistently prospered to get to where they are.

I think what he might need to look at is his own failings, he's got a worrying record of blowing very impressive positions in the Premier League as well as ballsing up in Europe and latter stages of cups. I just hope there's fire in the pit and we go out tomorrow and get the win by any means and follow it up with brave and ruthless performances at Arsenal and Bournemouth. We are down the stretch now and all over the fcukin gaff, they all need to make a name for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rodgers has got some things wrong, there is no doubt about that (2DM against Brighton for eg) but he has to work with what he has got. Our first eleven, when firing are as good as any, but with a couple of exceptions our back up is paper thin. Look at our squad, some decent players in there, but a few past their prime (Fuchs, wes, Kevin etc) who will do a job but not for a sustained length of time, a couple of young prospects (JJ, Hamza) who are nowhere near the finished article and a supporting cast of nearly men (Gray, Mendy Amartey).  We have been on a dismal run of form since the turn of the year, maybe the tankings we got at Xmas have knocked confidence who knows? But since then we have had a run of injuries to key players, Wilf, Vardy, and now Ricky P that has highlighted how lightweight we are once you get past the regular starting 12-13. Conversely look at the likes of Man City, on any given day they can rotate the likes of Sterling, Mahrez, Silva (the good two), Jesus, Foden and even KDB started on the bench the other night. Their so called second string would have most other teams pants down. Even if we consistently achieved CL for a few seasons we would never be able to assemble, or afford, a squad like that.

I have no idea what resources we have for squad strengthening in the summer window (nowhere near as much as some seem to think i suspect given the current crisis) but it will be a test of Rodgers and the recruitment teams guile and negotiating skills to get in some extra quality, which we are surely going to need next year whether is CL or EL.

Anothe rpoint nobody seems to have considered... What effect has the absence of Top had on morale at the club. i get the impression that our owners are very hands on and this could also be affecting morale post lockdown.

15 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

@ChrysalisFrom the last few posts i take it you would want to get rid of Brendan? If thats the case then thats your opinion be it right or wrong and its silly to argue over an opinion, so not gonna :P 

On some of the points you made, i can agree with you.. form has been getting worse from the new year compared to 2019, however one could argue that we were perhaps overachieving in this period and we are now where we should be. I don't think that is the whole case but i do think it comes into play somewhat. Losing Ricky P isn't doing us any favours either. 

I think the issue yourself and others alike are having, is the fact we are in 3rd place and in reach of CL and due to our current crap form we could bottle it and end the season in 6th 7th position? That in itself wouldnt be horrible but it would be very disappointing when we have been top 5 for most of the season. However i do think half a year really is way too early to be even considering getting a new manager, especially when you take into account the pandemic and how shitty the last few months have been not just for us but also the fitness and training of the squad.

I am still backing BR to sort this out and still optimistic we will get CL next season. The next few games will tell. 

There has been managers in the past who I just wanted gone.

With Rodgers, it isnt like that I am just frustrated with the constant tactical issues, I feel he wont recover, he may win a few games here and there, but I would be very surprised if we get another good run.  However I feel if we got rid, we would really struggle to get another manager with a reputation good enough to go for CL.

So I feel we should give him the start of next season, and if we do recover to make CL, then obviously give him next season for that reason.

I do also respect he has had it tough in terms of transfers, Maguire sold without his agreement, and no money to spend in January.  This is a tough job for him as he wont have the cash to splash in the summer unless we sell a high value player.  So for me its the question if he can turn it around with the squad he has.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

There has been managers in the past who I just wanted gone.

With Rodgers, it isnt like that I am just frustrated with the constant tactical issues, I feel he wont recover, he may win a few games here and there, but I would be very surprised if we get another good run.  However I feel if we got rid, we would really struggle to get another manager with a reputation good enough to go for CL.

So I feel we should give him the start of next season, and if we do recover to make CL, then obviously give him next season for that reason.

I do also respect he has had it tough in terms of transfers, Maguire sold without his agreement, and no money to spend in January.  This is a tough job for him as he wont have the cash to splash in the summer unless we sell a high value player.  So for me its the question if he can turn it around with the squad he has.

How have you come to that conclusion? The stance on Maguire was the same the whole time he was here, if he wanted to go and Utd offered £80m + then he'd be sold, Rodgers said as much several times throughout the summer. They publicly said there was an asking price and we were relaxed, if it's met then fine, if not then he stays. Hardly sold without his agreement? We also bid for Demiral, Diallo and Tapsoba so there was money available in January, just like there was still money available in the closing days of the summer window when we were considering which CB to bring in to replace Maguire.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Sacking managers , unless we are in a tailspin, is no guarantee of improvement. Rodgers deserves praise for a lot of things and criticism for others . He inherited a Vardycentric team. Vardy is one of the best and certainly most famous players we have ever had and is one of the major reasons that we are now a high profile club. Rodgers has to find a way of using his considerable skills , while moving the team on so we are not so reliant on him. A new class striker is needed no matter what the cost.

6 hours ago, urban fox said:

Rodgers has got some things wrong, there is no doubt about that (2DM against Brighton for eg) but he has to work with what he has got. Our first eleven, when firing are as good as any, but with a couple of exceptions our back up is paper thin. Look at our squad, some decent players in there, but a few past their prime (Fuchs, wes, Kevin etc) who will do a job but not for a sustained length of time, a couple of young prospects (JJ, Hamza) who are nowhere near the finished article and a supporting cast of nearly men (Gray, Mendy Amartey).  We have been on a dismal run of form since the turn of the year, maybe the tankings we got at Xmas have knocked confidence who knows? But since then we have had a run of injuries to key players, Wilf, Vardy, and now Ricky P that has highlighted how lightweight we are once you get past the regular starting 12-13. Conversely look at the likes of Man City, on any given day they can rotate the likes of Sterling, Mahrez, Silva (the good two), Jesus, Foden and even KDB started on the bench the other night. Their so called second string would have most other teams pants down. Even if we consistently achieved CL for a few seasons we would never be able to assemble, or afford, a squad like that.

I have no idea what resources we have for squad strengthening in the summer window (nowhere near as much as some seem to think i suspect given the current crisis) but it will be a test of Rodgers and the recruitment teams guile and negotiating skills to get in some extra quality, which we are surely going to need next year whether is CL or EL.

Anothe rpoint nobody seems to have considered... What effect has the absence of Top had on morale at the club. i get the impression that our owners are very hands on and this could also be affecting morale post lockdown.

...Ricardo being out does not account for our failings!!!

Vardy injury does not account for our failings, Wilfs' injury does not account for our failings, if they were out at the same time it would have a great impact on our ability to compete.

It seems it doesn't matter how many times the question is answered it is asked again.

The reason why we are so poor since December is that we have not found a way to overcome teams set up to nullify the way we want to play. Brendan Rodgers does not have the answer and the team is suffering due to a lack of leadership and confidence to play.

The aforementioned players have been part of this struggling team at any one time and their individual absence is not the reason we are where we are.

6 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Sacking managers , unless we are in a tailspin, is no guarantee of improvement. Rodgers deserves praise for a lot of things and criticism for others . He inherited a Vardycentric team. Vardy is one of the best and certainly most famous players we have ever had and is one of the major reasons that we are now a high profile club. Rodgers has to find a way of using his considerable skills , while moving the team on so we are not so reliant on him. A new class striker is needed no matter what the cost.

There is definitely no long term benefit to continuously sacking managers. Unfortunately we have always had a good new manager bounce for a few months, not at all saying Rodgers should be sacked.. Vardy is still a superb striker, but the lack of a plan B or how to break defensive teams down cost Puel his job and so far our champions league hopes. 

Not sure if this has been shared yet, but a good read:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/03/leicester-unravelled-and-desperate-owing-to-small-squads-broken-belief

I think it's basically our young squad got spooked by poor results against Man City and Liverpool. It brought them crashing down to earth when they felt invincible, and now they're playing inside themselves. You can see it in the way we delay passes when we should release the ball to Vards. And without service, he gets rusty and is now snatching at chances.

I also genuinely believe that Vardy is struggling without the crowd. Kaspar has said before that he's like a different player in training scenarios - he just turns it on for games.

We're in such an odd position - Vardy clearly still has 'it', but we need to take the pressure off him...but he probably needs to feel that pressure to get back in form...

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

Guest ttfn
43 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Not sure if this has been shared yet, but a good read:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/03/leicester-unravelled-and-desperate-owing-to-small-squads-broken-belief

I think it's basically our young squad got spooked by poor results against Man City and Liverpool. It brought them crashing down to earth when they felt invincible, and now they're playing inside themselves. You can see it in the way we delay passes when we should release the ball to Vards. And without service, he gets rusty and is now snatching at chances.

I also genuinely believe that Vardy is struggling without the crowd. Kaspar has said before that he's like a different player in training scenarios - he just turns it on for games.

We're in such an odd position - Vardy clearly still has 'it', but we need to take the pressure off him...but he probably needs to feel that pressure to get back in form...

Strangely describes the first half performance against Everton as “their worst of the season” when in reality it’s not even in the top three worst halves of football since the restart.

We weren’t that bad. We were completely toothless and poor tactically (the 5 minutes of Albrighton repeatedly crossing onto Michael Keane’s head was a lowlight) but when you compare it to not creating a chance over 90 minutes against Brighton or the second half shambles on Sunday it was just poor rather than shameful.

Before the restart you could throw in the second half at Burnley, the whole home game against Southampton (we could easily have lost that game 6 or 7-1), all 4 halves of the League Cup semi, the second half against Norwich - there’s so many in the last 6 months alone that are worse than Wednesday was.

As it stands, we do not have a talented enough squad to play the game BR is playing.

Other teams have figured us out and shut it down... without a DeBruyne, or Mahrez etc... we end up passing sideways.

BR needs to change the tactics to suit our squad.. or buy better.

I would like to keep a manager for at least 10 years but they do need to put out an entertaining team. We should make the CL and if we do I expect BR to be in charge next season, if we somehow crash out of CL qualification I think the owners must consider a new manager. They should at all times have feelers out on managers that they'd be interested in, just like they should always have feelers out on players.

Maybe they've lined MP up for next season if BR fails to qualify.

On 03/07/2020 at 18:29, An Sionnach said:

Sacking managers is a nasty business.  But being in the bottom quarter of the league for almost half a season is a tailspin, and that's the problem.

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

As it stands, we do not have a talented enough squad to play the game BR is playing.

Other teams have figured us out and shut it down... without a DeBruyne, or Mahrez etc... we end up passing sideways.

BR needs to change the tactics to suit our squad.. or buy better.

Until Brendan can find a way or the bravery to get our front three causing more havoc, by giving them their head or by far better movement than we're seeing at the moment, it'll be more of the same in this system. Will be astonished if he doesn't solve this in the transfer window.