Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

Hopefully gone before the end of the year.

Too many bizzare selections, playing players out of position and all this sideways sideways back is pathetic. Even when losing with a couple of minutes left its still the same. Why no urgencey.

Whats the point of playing Vardy if you are not going to give him the service he thrives on.

Worrying who gets signed in the summer.

Why renew contracts for Morgan and Jakupovic when they are not going to play, if he he is so good at bringing younger players on make use of them.

4 minutes ago, Apollo said:

People actually want Rodgers sacked??

Blowing a 15 point lead in less than half a season, costing the club 70m and god knows how much else in terms of our future prospects, makes his position untenable for me.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

It's far too early to talk about sacking him.

Rodgers is one of the best man managers in the league. Puel did the right job at the right time for us in difficult circumstances, but we needed the guy after him to put an arm round some shoulders and command respect. The senior players and young alike are all on his side.

He is a manager that has learned from his failures. He doesn't drop Brent soundbites anymore. He has made lots of changes in his career to his style, whether that's in terms of who he works with, how hands on he is, how his teams approach the game, or how he handles egos. He won't sign Balotellis, or make ridiculous statements like those about Allen, or do the envelope stuff, or whatever.

Tactically he is a top manager. There are lots of players that have grown in this side. Ndidi and Soyuncu in particular are now very decent ball players. Morgan and Fuchs are more competent on the ball. Vardy is a much more well rounded player when he's on form. He's got a tune out of Iheanacho. He's moulded Maddison from a no.10 into a position where he can influence the game from deep where he is best. And so on.

Recruitment is not his job. And he has learned from Liverpool there too - by bringing in a head of recruitment, he is leaving that to someone else (and a very good DoF in Rudkin). He knows what player he wants, but he isn't going to interfere based on his own, probably inferior and misguided thoughts on which exact player he wants.

Kasper said before Chelsea the club have the best possible manager available. That's enough for me. 

He does have problems. He is steadfast in his approach, but then so is Guardiola, and nobody would turn him down. Do we have a plan B? Sometimes yes, we've got goals off the bench (like tonight) even despite the supposed lack of options. We'll improve in that regard when we bring in more quality options - remember, only 4 of this 25 man squad are players Rodgers didn't inherit, and one of those hasn't even played a minute yet.

This is not a top four squad. But we're 3rd with six games to go. We've had some good games even despite the bad run since December - we were good to excellent against West Ham twice, Newcastle, Villa, Chelsea among others. We have dominated all three league games since the restart and really should have took more points.

This season we've had our best cup runs for 20 years. We've had our second best league season since the 1960s, breaking tons of records. We could well have a golden boot winner here. We've scored 60+ goals, played some great football, kept it tight at the back despite losing the world's most expensive defender, won 8 on the bounce.

And even despite some poor form and some mistakes from both players and management, it is still all in our hands to finish in the top 3/4/5. Six games is all it takes. Match the results of the chasing pack in the next five games and we are there.

Wolves and United are on ridiculous runs of form. Neither will win all 6 games remaining. And if somehow they do, we don't really deserve to finish above them unless we do the same.

I haven't had faith in a manager as I do in Rodgers for a long time. And that's because I think the players and the owners have that faith too.

Great post! I do have a counter opinion on 2 points you made. 

Tactically - I don't think he is a top coach at all. A top tactical coach can change the game in your favour. He changed and went 2 up top at half time, he had no other choice really, and we were superb for 10-20 minutes. Then Ancelotti who is a top tactical coach brought on Mina and Davies. Went 3 cb and 3cm, that is tactical coaching. We did have the ball but never looked like scoring after those subs. 

You are correct this in not a top 4 squad. But after the start of the season and how far we were ahead at Christmas the second half of the season and huge decline is so dissapointing. For our club we wont have a better chance at top 4 and to see our form since Christmas where we are 15th in the league with only 2 wins with our team is shocking!

From what Kasper said - all players say how good their manager is as they want to play. On the pitch is when they show the trust in the manager not in interviews, for me. 

Your point about dominating the 4 games since lockdown I don't really agree with. We had more possession of the ball but that is not really the point of dominating a game. I like playing out from the back, it looks great. But we are so toothless upfront and how many saves have we made the opposition gk make in 4 games, Maddison left foot edge of box v foster is the only save I can recall. We have a lot of the ball, like under Puel, but we are not creating chances. 

Edited by Unique FC

30 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Blowing a 15 point lead in less than half a season, costing the club 70m and god knows how much else in terms of our future prospects, makes his position untenable for me.

I dont want him gone right now, he should get the chance to see it through.  But if we dont make CL I agree with what you just said, also It is very rare for a manager to recover from a 20+ game bad run of form in the league, right now he is on 14.

Edited by Chrysalis

12 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

It's far too early to talk about sacking him.

Rodgers is one of the best man managers in the league. Puel did the right job at the right time for us in difficult circumstances, but we needed the guy after him to put an arm round some shoulders and command respect. The senior players and young alike are all on his side.

He is a manager that has learned from his failures. He doesn't drop Brent soundbites anymore. He has made lots of changes in his career to his style, whether that's in terms of who he works with, how hands on he is, how his teams approach the game, or how he handles egos. He won't sign Balotellis, or make ridiculous statements like those about Allen, or do the envelope stuff, or whatever.

Tactically he is a top manager. There are lots of players that have grown in this side. Ndidi and Soyuncu in particular are now very decent ball players. Morgan and Fuchs are more competent on the ball. Vardy is a much more well rounded player when he's on form. He's got a tune out of Iheanacho. He's moulded Maddison from a no.10 into a position where he can influence the game from deep where he is best. And so on.

Recruitment is not his job. And he has learned from Liverpool there too - by bringing in a head of recruitment, he is leaving that to someone else (and a very good DoF in Rudkin). He knows what player he wants, but he isn't going to interfere based on his own, probably inferior and misguided thoughts on which exact player he wants.

Kasper said before Chelsea the club have the best possible manager available. That's enough for me. 

He does have problems. He is steadfast in his approach, but then so is Guardiola, and nobody would turn him down. Do we have a plan B? Sometimes yes, we've got goals off the bench (like tonight) even despite the supposed lack of options. We'll improve in that regard when we bring in more quality options - remember, only 4 of this 25 man squad are players Rodgers didn't inherit, and one of those hasn't even played a minute yet.

This is not a top four squad. But we're 3rd with six games to go. We've had some good games even despite the bad run since December - we were good to excellent against West Ham twice, Newcastle, Villa, Chelsea among others. We have dominated all three league games since the restart and really should have took more points.

This season we've had our best cup runs for 20 years. We've had our second best league season since the 1960s, breaking tons of records. We could well have a golden boot winner here. We've scored 60+ goals, played some great football, kept it tight at the back despite losing the world's most expensive defender, won 8 on the bounce.

And even despite some poor form and some mistakes from both players and management, it is still all in our hands to finish in the top 3/4/5. Six games is all it takes. Match the results of the chasing pack in the next five games and we are there.

Wolves and United are on ridiculous runs of form. Neither will win all 6 games remaining. And if somehow they do, we don't really deserve to finish above them unless we do the same.

I haven't had faith in a manager as I do in Rodgers for a long time. And that's because I think the players and the owners have that faith too.

Having the players backing is only a small part of it, if it was enough to just make the players like you then management would be much easier than it is.

Also pep isnt steadfast he changes his team approach from game to game depending on the opponents.

I dont consider him tactically top draw, liverpool fans, and celtic fans dont either, rodgers strength seems to be in coaching and man management, but tactical is a clear weakness.  Also we not a big 4 club that can spend out of this mess, we a have one of the lowest transfer budgets in the league and our wage bill as a % of turnover is one of the highest, we are effectively like a credit card thats at 80% of its limit.  So dont expect us to be replacing half of the first team during the summer.

The reasons you gave for supporting him in regards to records are all from earlier in his regin, you seem to have ignored the momentum as if you only consider it a temporary blip or something, but realise its a run of form that has lasted 14 league games and 2 cup games.

I do respect your post though, you gave clear reasons for your opinion. instead of a one line "keep the faith".

Edited by Chrysalis

After Ranieri, Shakeh and Puel I can't see BR being considered for the sack for a long time.

I've been thinking hypothetically about the conversation between Top and BR today (I'm assuming there's been one)

What would be said? Does he really have a warped version of the team? does he not see the reality of a team one injury away from not being a consistent and great team? 

I don't think there's a formation on this forum that BR hasn't thought about, tried in practice or considered.

If he hasn't, then a collective AI hologram of Foxestalk should replace him immediately.

If he is sacked, then I reckon we shouldn't bother with a replacement.

Rudkin signs the players, players then do what they want based upon a mix of Sean from Enderby's leaked teams and our formations on here. We'd be the most forward thinking team in the world. 

These fans that want him sacked who genuinely do you want to replace him with? No good getting rid of someone if you don’t know who to get in. I still think if and it’s a big if we can get that first win we’ll turn it around. Problem is we’ve only got 6 games left and don’t look like scoring let alone winning matches. 

30 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Pathetic to want him sacked.

Every manager we have gets accused of "Not having a plan B"

Pathetic to go from being 15 points clear in the top 4 in February to finishing 6th or 7th too.

• Like 1

We were over performing, now we're under performing.

Brendan has made some good players better and some average players good. I don't lay the blame for this slump at Brendan's door. He's using the squad he has and we've been over reliant on Barnes having an exceptional season and having a back four that is both swashbuckling and secure.

We need to strengthen the squad, move on some ok players and get in some who, rather than just being able to do a job, can change a game when they come on. We also need some old heads throughout. The midfield needs an established and experienced player who can better managed stages of games.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Anyone who is insistent on Lee Congerton joining them at clubs despite his track record clearly cannot be any sort of football maestro or genius.

Rodgers is basically an overpromoted office middle manager with a very noticeable fraudulent streak and he should go at the end of the season.

When will this club learn to stop handing out new contracts willy-nilly and for no reason? Its absurd.

Probably when we stop being 3rd after 32 games.

Over promoted office middle manager?

Would love to know what you thought about Craig Levein, Nigel Worthington or Ian Holloway.

I swear some Leicester fans deserve **** all.

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Pathetic to go from being 15 points clear in the top 4 in February to finishing 6th or 7th too.

So pathetic to secure our 2nd highest Premier League finish after selling our some of our best players 4 years on the trot.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Probably when we stop being 3rd after 32 games.

Over promoted office middle manager?

Would love to know what you thought about Craig Levein, Nigel Worthington or Ian Holloway.

I swear some Leicester fans deserve **** all.

They were all shit too. Completely irrelevant though.

Just now, ealingfox said:

They were all shit too. Completely irrelevant though.

You think Brendan Rodgers deserves to be called shit for guiding Leicester to 3rd place after 32 games in a Premier League season?

4 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

We were over performing, now we're under performing.

Brendan has made some good players better and some average players good. I don't lay the blame for this slump at Brendan's door. He's using the squad he has and we've been over reliant on Barnes having an exceptional season and having a back four that is both swashbuckling and secure.

We need to strengthen the squad, move on some ok players and get in some who, rather than just being able to do a job, can change a game when they come on. We also need some old heads throughout. The midfield needs an established and experienced player who can better managed stages of games.

I think this is something i've unappreciated but you're absolutely right.

Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi and Choudhury are all under 23. Praet is only 26 (without having a huge amount of top class football experience). Mendy is just constantly injured and is only 27.

Imagine if we were in this postion in 2015 when Milner became available. How perfect would he be for us...

Guest An Sionnach

You have to remember that neither Rodgers nor his assistant manager have any substantial playing CV at all. They are in no position to tell the players how to play football , tactics are all they have . Guardiola , Lampard and Solksjar were top class players and as good or better than most of the players under them. Players can soon lose respect for a manager who has never done it themselves.

Just now, AKCJ said:

You think Brendan Rodgers deserves to be called shit for guiding Leicester to 3rd place after 32 games in a Premier League season?

I think he deserves to be called shit for producing 4 wins from our last 16 games in the league. Only a run of very good form through a series of favourable fixtures in October and November is making him look any better than Puel at this stage.

He's not as shit as Levein, Holloway or Worthington if that makes you feel better though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I think he deserves to be called shit for producing 4 wins from our last 16 games in the league. Only a run of very good form through a series of favourable fixtures in October and November is making him look any better than Puel at this stage.

He's not as shit as Levein, Holloway or Worthington if that makes you feel better though.

clueless 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

"Only winning more games is making him look better than our last manager".

Guest An Sionnach
12 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Rubbish. Alex Ferguson had a mediocre playing career. Jose Mourinho started as an interpreter for Bobby Robson. I don't think Jürgen Klopp had a particularly great playing career either. There will be literally hundreds more examples, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Ferguson was a pretty good striker actually back in the day when Rangers were good . This never played properly manager trend  began with Wenger and Erikson . They always had experienced players as deputies , Rodgers doesn't.