Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

There's come a point when sacking managers after a drop in performances ceases to be the answer, as the cycle just keeps repeating. Maybe, whilst the club is still safe (and possibly still qualifying for the CL) time is given to get through the funk, rather than just reacting and doing it all again, only for the same thing to occur a few months down the line.

If someone has a sensible, viable option as a replacement manager at any point, then at least a case can be made. I'd rather we give BR some time to find a way through this.

Brendan Rodgers is one of the best managers in the Prem imo ...   and what he has achieved so far with the resources he has, has been quite frankly, amazing ...  loved by the club, the players and (most) of the supporters.   Tweaks and careful additions and we will be consistently competing at the highest levels.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ttfn said:

Strangely describes the first half performance against Everton as “their worst of the season” when in reality it’s not even in the top three worst halves of football since the restart.

We weren’t that bad. We were completely toothless and poor tactically (the 5 minutes of Albrighton repeatedly crossing onto Michael Keane’s head was a lowlight) but when you compare it to not creating a chance over 90 minutes against Brighton or the second half shambles on Sunday it was just poor rather than shameful.

Before the restart you could throw in the second half at Burnley, the whole home game against Southampton (we could easily have lost that game 6 or 7-1), all 4 halves of the League Cup semi, the second half against Norwich - there’s so many in the last 6 months alone that are worse than Wednesday was.

Ha! Very true. I think if we hadn't conceded the penalty we probably would have gone on to win that game. We are improving, just hopefully it all clicks today!

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Brendan Rodgers is one of the best managers in the Prem imo ...   and what he has achieved so far with the resources he has, has been quite frankly, amazing ...  loved by the club, the players and (most) of the supporters.   Tweaks and careful additions and we will be consistently competing at the highest levels.   

You are definitely going on his Christmas card list.

23 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

“Thats the spirit!”

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

As it stands, we do not have a talented enough squad to play the game BR is playing.

Other teams have figured us out and shut it down... without a DeBruyne, or Mahrez etc... we end up passing sideways.

BR needs to change the tactics to suit our squad.. or buy better.

Maybe it's a bit of both, we have to, have a balanced view, those tactics also managed to get us a club record 8 PL wins on the spin. 

I see it as a few tactical tweaks and a few squad tweaks. 

We aren't as bad as people think as much as we weren't as good as people thought before Christmas. 

Edited by coolhandfox
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So far this season I have witnessed more winning games and scoring 4+ goals in them then I can ever remember as a Leicester fan. The 9-0 will possibly never be beaten again in my lifetime. 

The run we are on is bad but the enjoyment of watching this team for the most part of the season has exceeded any other season for me apart from when we won the league. The league win is half the problem though as we become a little entitled so as soon as we hit a bad spell it is sack the manager. 

We are THIRD in the best league in the world ffs. If we stay there then brilliant but if we choke and don't then so be it too.

We should not forget what this team has been capable of this season and where it can go when players like Barnes, Maddison, Chilwell etc. start to reach there footballing peak. Just hope we can keep the majority of them at our club and with BR in charge I think we can achieve great things. Back the man not sack the man. 

Can't just keep saying this though. Being third in the league doesn't make up for poor performances. 

I don't want to get rid of Rodgers; he and the players have done very well to overachieve and get us into this position and tbf even if we finish 6th then we will achieved our goal, possibly earlier than expected, but I can still be concerned with our form since December because it has been very poor. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

All the “experts” on the match thread moaning about Bennett 

the game was opened up and BOOM we are 1-0 up 

king Brendan has found his mojo again ! 

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

This could be a massive day for him. Let's hope it is the start of something huge in the next few weeks.

Masterstoke to leave Vardy on :ph34r:

Was gutted for Kelechi to come off to be honest but having said that, he's made some good choices otherwise today anyway. The half-time switch especially to cater for Chilwell's injury. Bennett's knowledge and experience in a 3 is valuable in a situation like today. 

• Haha 1

Guest SO1
17 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

The sack him mob are quiet tonight. 

Don't worry. :brendan_still:

They're standing in the shadows waiting to enlighten us with their vast knowledge of football and the way it ought to be played along with the endless tidbits of inside information.

To be fair no matter what football forum. The song remains the same. Entertainment for us all.:)

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Don't worry. :brendan_still:

They're standing in the shadows waiting to enlighten us with their vast knowledge of football and the way it ought to be played along with the endless tidbits of inside information.

To be fair no matter what football forum. The song remains the same. Entertainment for us all.:)

Aka spoilt brat armchair football manager experts, that want every game won, nothing less will do

Big shout out for Brendan yesterday. HT, dominant again but not looking like scoring. Chilwell is injured. 99% of us would have replaced him with Fuchs and said more of the same. But no, in a game he must win he puts on Bennett (for his debut!) at RCB, pushes JJ to RWB and Albrighton to LWB. And with Palace's help, we win at a canter, moving seamlessly through the half from 3412 to 3511 to 541 (did I miss any?).

:appl:   

• Like 1

Good tactics yesterday from Rodgers. I know when it comes to transfer targets I know what I'm talking about but I also said last week we needed to try a more fast and direct approach to games to mix it up a bit and that is what we did to much better effect yesterday, especially 2nd half. Good stuff from Rodgers and I hope he goes 3-4-1-2 from the off on Tuesday. 

PS Brendan, Malang Sarr is on a free....

• Like 1

I'm not getting carried away, but I was very impressed with him yesterday. I felt we needed a reset and some fresh ideas and he certainly provided. The 3-4-1-2 was a positive change and in the second half we posed an attacking threat for the first time in ages. His in-game management was much more proactive, the subs worked brilliantly, and you tend to think that if he allows this system to settle, it could work for us. 

Probably the most important 4 games of his managerial career since 2014. Winning a league tops finishing top 4 with a less fancied club but it will still be a huge achievement if we do it. I worry for the psychological blow if he doesn't mastermind us to the top 4, will it be yet more evidence of being a nearly man? I'm sure the man has bullet proof confidence in himself, which is what I respect about him. I think he is the right man for the job here long term, I just so badly want him to not have to learn the hard way and get us top 4 and try and kick on. It could be massive for us, this is where he needs to show his class and earn his money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably the most important 4 games of his managerial career since 2014. Winning a league tops finishing top 4 with a less fancied club but it will still be a huge achievement if we do it. I worry for the psychological blow if he doesn't mastermind us to the top 4, will it be yet more evidence of being a nearly man? I'm sure the man has bullet proof confidence in himself, which is what I respect about him. I think he is the right man for the job here long term, I just so badly want him to not have to learn the hard way and get us top 4 and try and kick on. It could be massive for us, this is where he needs to show his class and earn his money.

Do you know the easy way? Not trying to be a dick. Just curious as to your perspective.:)