Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shen

Blizzard shltstorm

Yeah it's been impossible to miss all over reddit. 

It's nice to see people actually giving a shit. 

To be honest, Hong Kong has been the issue that's probably most upset me in the news over the last few months because its largely invisible or - at least - hugely under reported. Nobody wants to touch it with a barge pole because of the weight China wield. 

I find it especially depressing being British. We should care so much more than we do. China gave us, our government, promises when we handed it back and they've basically just pissed in our face. 

I know we've got a lot going on with Brexit right now but still. 

I mean nearly all of those protesting would have been born under British protection. Surely we have a duty of care? 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

It's not much but I've cancelled my World of Warcraft subscription. ESO is looking decent these days anyway so I'll head over there for my mmorpg fix.

To be fair wow has been gash for ages. 8.2 was OK but bfa in general has been poor. 

Whilst classic is a good idea I just can't face it. 

It's all pretty damned horrible and I hope that something good comes out of all this, but I fear that gaming companies, like a lot of other corporations, won't want to take on the gargantuan economic power that China has.

Additionally, it's both funny and sad at the same time to see the usual suspects going on about "OMGZ REPRESSIVE COMMIE CHINA" (even if the first part is true) when what is happening here is one of the purest examples of competitive capitalist behaviour possible: China showing its market power and Blizzard among others not wanting Chinese citizens to vote with their wallets.

On 11/10/2019 at 11:19, Carl the Llama said:

It's not much but I've cancelled my World of Warcraft subscription. ESO is looking decent these days anyway so I'll head over there for my mmorpg fix.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:15, m4DD0gg said:

To be fair wow has been gash for ages. 8.2 was OK but bfa in general has been poor. 

Whilst classic is a good idea I just can't face it. 

I still play both, but bored of BFA now though and only log in a couple of evenings a week to raid mythic.

Have started to play classic again though and really enjoying the nostalgia especially starting as Alliance as my original character back in the  day was Horde. 

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I still play both, but bored of BFA now though and only log in a couple of evenings a week to raid mythic.

Have started to play classic again though and really enjoying the nostalgia especially starting as Alliance as my original character back in the  day was Horde. 

Hardcore raider!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/10/2019 at 14:18, Suzie the Fox said:

What realm :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Playing retail on Frostmane and Classic on Pyrewood Village - Dinged 60 last night on classic so ended up playing till silly am doing some nostalgic Scholo and Strat runs. Super fun :D 

Congrats! I haven't played retail since cataclysm came out, wasnt a fan and really didnt like how they changed warlocks. 

Loving classic though, I think I'll have to grind why I watch the UFC saturday night, I'm still only in the 30's lol always get sucked into the STV gank fest. 

32 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Congrats! I haven't played retail since cataclysm came out, wasnt a fan and really didnt like how they changed warlocks. 

Loving classic though, I think I'll have to grind why I watch the UFC saturday night, I'm still only in the 30's lol always get sucked into the STV gank fest. 

Lol i remember playing on a PvP server in vanilla and playing with 2 friends Rogue and Priest (i was  mage) so we spent many countless hours in STV. Ended up going on a PVE server this time and its way more chill, alot faster to level but alot less fun. If you decide to give a PvE server a shot, come to Pyrewood and give me a shout :D 

35 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Lol i remember playing on a PvP server in vanilla and playing with 2 friends Rogue and Priest (i was  mage) so we spent many countless hours in STV. Ended up going on a PVE server this time and its way more chill, alot faster to level but alot less fun. If you decide to give a PvE server a shot, come to Pyrewood and give me a shout :D 

I might have to, once you hit 30, after about 7 o clock the game becomes all out war lol Really enjoying it though, looking forward to them putting battlegrounds in eventually. 

• Like 1