Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harpenden Fox

What's par for the next three games?

There's a wave of nervous optimism sweeping us all at the moment. Others rightly point to the fact that it's only the next game that matters, but what do we think would be a decent points total from preston (a), Plymouth (a) and Saints (h). There's then another a break to pause for breath. My ambition for the moment is to see us tucked in about tenth, so I'm hoping for

Preston - draw

Plymouth - draw

Saints - win

so 5 points out of 9. For me that's par for the next week. Thoughts?

I think we should beat plymouth, we are certainlly capable of beating Preston as well Saints? a intersting game as it is first game of season where we play " fall from grace" teams meaning relegated teams from Premiership like Norwich,Palace and Saints I don't how we will react playing them so it is intersting one but I think draw,win,draw sequence

after the saints game i will take 4 or 5 points but i'd like 6. maximum 7.

i think it will be

Preston - Win

Plymouth - Draw

Saints - Draw

the worst i see it going is

Preston - Win

Plymouth - Draw

Saints - Draw

the best i see it going is

Preston - Win

Plymouth - Win

Saints - Draw

i cant see us losing any of the games, but i cant see us beating Southampton at home. a draw is likely for that game. i think we will beat preston but probably come out with a draw at plymouth.

after the saints game i will take 4 or 5 points but i'd like 6. maximum 7.

i think it will be

Preston - Win

Plymouth - Draw

Saints - Draw

the worst i see it going is

Preston - Win

Plymouth - Draw

Saints - Draw

the best i see it going is

Preston - Win

Plymouth - Win

Saints - Draw

i cant see us losing any of the games, but i cant see us beating Southampton at home. a draw is likely for that game. i think we will beat preston but probably come out with a draw at plymouth.

I do Southampton are Diabolical. Specially if that nob wise plays.

Never quite see the point in all this crystal ball gazing. Loads of things, such as a run of injuries, can happen between one game and the next and why on earth we "should" beat so-and-so but not someone else is never properly explained.

Last pre-season fans, and even journalists who should have known better, were saying we "should" be one of the teams to gain automatic promotion and look what nonsense that proved to be - and predictably so.

Concentrate on the next game is my philosophy. Let's get it right for Preston before we worry about what's next.

Never quite see the point in all this crystal ball gazing. Loads of things, such as a run of injuries, can happen between one game and the next and why on earth we "should" beat so-and-so but not someone else is never properly explained.

Last pre-season fans, and even journalists who should have known better, were saying we "should" be one of the teams to gain automatic promotion and look what nonsense that proved to be - and predictably so.

Concentrate on the next game is my philosophy. Let's get it right for Preston before we worry about what's next.

I do agree to a point, but we all tend to swing from mass euphoria following a win to the edge of suicide when we lose. This bit of fun was to try and set a benchmark for the week ahead so we can look back on the week's endeavours with some context, rather than simply the most recent 90 minutes. D'ya take my point?

Although Smudger is back tomorrow I am still not overly confident going in to each game City play and I think that's the best way at the minute.

We are still very inconsistent and although we've won 3 of the last 4 games, we could easily lose at Preston, not win at Plymouth and be back to slating Levein come the Southampton home game. We then have a 2 week break, which isn't ideal if we haven't got some decent results in the previous games.

It's crucial we put abit of a run together and play to the best of our ability wisely, Levein must get the players focused for tomorrow aswell as tuesday. We'll be doing alot of travelling in the next 5 days and Levein must keep their mind on the job.

All the club should be focusing on is tomorrow and slowly but surely buildinh and improving on things.

Come on you blue boys

I do agree to a point, but we all tend to swing from mass euphoria following a win to the edge of suicide when we lose. This bit of fun was to try and set a benchmark for the week ahead so we can look back on the week's endeavours with some context, rather than simply the most recent 90 minutes. D'ya take my point?

Sure I do but I remember something similar just before the QPR/Derby/Burnley games - "ones we ought to win etc" and look what happened.

I'm with Ric Flair on this - stay a bit on the pessimistic side, concentrate on the game ahead, and be glad if it all goes better tahn you imagined.

Who could have sensibly predicted Leicester's last half-dozen results?. And Preston certainly won't be easy.

It depends whether we have turned this season round and are going to be concistant i think a win at preston and a win at plymouth and a draw with southampton .... but ill just wait and see what happens you cant predict games in this league anyone can beat anyone on there day

preston = lose, havnt won at home all season, meaning they will beat us.

plymouth = lose, everyone thinks we will win, meaning we probably lose

saints = draw, we expect to lose, so we will scrape an exciting 0-0 draw

may sound pesimistic, but it is probably what will happen.

Archived