Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickey O'Neil

Gaming Headphones

I bought the Turtle Beach 800 elite headphones about 8 months or so ago. Sound quality is really good, they’re really comfortable even after a few hours. The one gripe I do have with them is that the touch sensitive buttons on the side of each cup are, really sensitive! If you play sitting up or at a desk they will be fine, but I tend to lay on my bed when on the playstation, and any head movement from side to side tends to alter the settings. 

Apart from that, I can’t fault them at all.

F1285475-D41C-4AF2-8E79-262F44E9D6D6.jpeg

8E086CE8-C440-4ECD-A5E6-C8740BE65666.png

EA6A8253-1C99-4B79-A037-145F6BF9685A.jpeg

• Like 1

Been using Sennheiser GSP 670 on my PC which are superb.

I've not used them, but the Corsair Virtuoso's that were recently released have been very well reviewed. Usual advice with all things, find your budget and look at several reviews. My headphones got 5* with some and 2* with others (we like reading positive reviews). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Surely buying a pair of headphones at greater cost than a console itself represents poor value for money?  Plenty of decent headsets at under £50.

Depends. If your online for hours every week then it represents a good investment. If you're buying it just to talk to someone rarely in a party then yes stick with the cheaper options. Myself I rarely play anything other than Fifa 19 and the occasional single player game, but getting the best headset would be a waste. However for someone who regularly plays single player games it would make the experience much better.

32 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Cheers for the suggestions. Going to start checking them all out. 

I remember looking at Astros when I plumped for Turtle Beech. 

I’ll check them them all out...just need to google what ‘Wish’ is!!! 

It’s an app. Chinese eBay I reckon. You’ll soon become addicted :D.

Everything is dirt cheap, but takes a couple weeks for delivery.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Surely buying a pair of headphones at greater cost than a console itself represents poor value for money?  Plenty of decent headsets at under £50.

Nah not true at all. I've tried all sorts of headphones over various price ranges and the astros, while £250 with the mix amp, have been worth every single penny over the years. The sound is phenomenal. Would I still be using a £50 set 7 years later? Doubt it.

I'm saying this as someone who will usually go for the best budget option with electronics.

Edited by z-layrex

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Not for me either. 

Not or having a pop but to me, that’s like saying spend £2000 on a camera body but don’t spend £4K on a lens. 

At the he time I bought my Turtle Beach headphones, I was hammering Battlefield, Bad Company very hard. I was looking to get an edge online. Being able to hear footsteps behind saved me numerous times. 

Anyway, seems like you get a lot more value for money these days. Just been looking at prices./specs. 

I've always had Logitech headsets, they tend to sit really nice even when using for hours. Currently got the wireless version of the Artemis Spectrum G933 which sells for about £116 - Battery life isnt amazing but you can switch the blingy lights off and it will last around 10 hours.

The mic is awesome and sound quality top notch. Can be used with PC or gaming consoles so quite adaptable. 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/headsets-and-microphones/logitech-artemis-spectrum-g933-wireless-7-1-gaming-headset-10140783-pdt.html

I've had many over the years, not without issues but Logitech give you a 2y warranty and when i had problems with my last one, i called them and a new replacement was sent the following week. 

45 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Not for me either. 

Not or having a pop but to me, that’s like saying spend £2000 on a camera body but don’t spend £4K on a lens. 

At the he time I bought my Turtle Beach headphones, I was hammering Battlefield, Bad Company very hard. I was looking to get an edge online. Being able to hear footsteps behind saved me numerous times. 

Anyway, seems like you get a lot more value for money these days. Just been looking at prices./specs. 

The 800’s have a Super Human Hearing mode and also a Footstep Focus mode. They have a gaming mode, Movie Mode, Music Mode & Stereo Mode, each of which has 5 different options within each mode. The modes are customisable through the app as well. 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2019 at 10:56, Zear0 said:

Been using Sennheiser GSP 670 on my PC which are superb.

I've not used them, but the Corsair Virtuoso's that were recently released have been very well reviewed. Usual advice with all things, find your budget and look at several reviews. My headphones got 5* with some and 2* with others (we like reading positive reviews). 

Still rocking my PC360s. Just can't fault the microphone at all.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2019 at 09:39, stix said:

I bought the Turtle Beach 800 elite headphones about 8 months or so ago. Sound quality is really good, they’re really comfortable even after a few hours. The one gripe I do have with them is that the touch sensitive buttons on the side of each cup are, really sensitive! If you play sitting up or at a desk they will be fine, but I tend to lay on my bed when on the playstation, and any head movement from side to side tends to alter the settings. 

Apart from that, I can’t fault them at all.

F1285475-D41C-4AF2-8E79-262F44E9D6D6.jpeg

8E086CE8-C440-4ECD-A5E6-C8740BE65666.png

EA6A8253-1C99-4B79-A037-145F6BF9685A.jpeg

I've had these for four years and paid £210 for them at the time. Brilliant investment, used them at the time for shooter games and hearing footsteps was really useful. Nowadays my gaming tends to just be social on FIFA but they've never failed when speaking in party and really clear - can change the party volume separately to the game volume as well if I can't quite hear my mates or something.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DB11 said:

I've had these for four years and paid £210 for them at the time. Brilliant investment, used them at the time for shooter games and hearing footsteps was really useful. Nowadays my gaming tends to just be social on FIFA but they've never failed when speaking in party and really clear - can change the party volume separately to the game volume as well if I can't quite hear my mates or something.

I got them on sale direct from TB, I think they were £130ish. Like I said I have no complaints really, especially sound wise. I do find the touch pads a little too sensitive though. Even tried them without the cup covers on but they are just as sensitive. 

• Like 1