Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

Just now, Strokes said:

If the figure of adding 50,000 but letting 19,000 leave is the same as adding 31,000 and not letting them leave. Then it’s the same. It is more lol

If 19,000 leave they need to add 69,000 to get their 50,000 more. If 19,000 don't leave, they need to add 50,000 to get 50,000 more not add 31,000.

• Haha 2

Just now, Strokes said:

No because he is under contract.

I would say when Kasper and Morgan were out of contract in 2014 and signed new contracts. They were like new signings.

We still didn't have more players because we retained 2 lol We had the same amount!

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

If 19,000 leave they need to add 69,000 to get their 50,000 more. If 19,000 don't leave, they need to add 50,000 to get 50,000 more not add 31,000.

The 31,000 is over and above current employment levels, the 19,000 is below current leaving levels. The end result is the same.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

We still didn't have more players because we retained 2 lol We had the same amount!

We have two more than if we didn’t retain them.

We need 26 man squad, the manager has 24 players. He wants to sell 4, expects to lose 2, so needs to buy 6. Two of the expected losses don’t happen because they agree new contracts. The manager only needs 4 players.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

We have two more than if we didn’t retain them.

We need 26 man squad, the manager has 24 players. He wants to sell 4, expects to lose 2, so needs to buy 6. Two of the expected losses don’t happen because they agree new contracts. The manager only needs 4 players.

But if we had a 24 man squad he said he want 6 more players, you expect a squad of 30 not 26, because, this might surprise you, 30 is 6 more than 24. 

• Like 1

Just now, Strokes said:

Oh I see, so in that scenario you would say we’ve had 2 new signings then?

If we sold 4 and signed 6, I'd say we had 6 new players, but I wouldn't say we had 6 more players. We have 2 more players than we had at the start. You can't use what you retain in the meaning of the word more, more can only be used when in addition to what you started with. So if we retain 19,000 nurse, they can't be seen as more, we already had that number. We'll only have 50,000 more when we have 50,000 more than what we currently have, how ever we reach that figure.

Now the only why we could get to 31,000 more and the tories still claim 50,000 is if they said they would train 50,000 new nurses. That's not promising to increase from the current number, its just promising to bring in new ones.

If we sold 4 and signed 6, I'd say we had 6 new players, but I wouldn't say we had 6 more players. We have 2 more players than we had at the start. You can't use what you retain in the meaning of the word more, more can only be used when in addition to what you started with. So if we retain 19,000 nurse, they can't be seen as more, we already had that number. We'll only have 50,000 more when we have 50,000 more than what we currently have, how ever we reach that figure.

Now the only why we could get to 31,000 more and the tories still claim 50,000 is if they said they would train 50,000 new nurses. That's not promising to increase from the current number, its just promising to bring in new ones.

But we had 2 more valuable players than expected plus 4 new players. 

Look I'm not saying retaining 19,000 nurses we thought we night lose is bad, and adding 31,000 on top isn't bad either, but its isn't and never will be 50,000 more if you're not actually ending up with 50,000 more than you currently have. It's very simple unless you're wearing blue tinted specs (not the good Leicester City ones)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattP said:

This is "Tory wobble" week - where the polling started to close up last time.

Did you also see about the record number of young people registering to vote the other day?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/register-vote-general-election-boris-johnson-corbyn-young-people-a9214761.html

300,000+ new voter registrations, 200,000+ of them under 35..... return of the 2017 youthquake? 

I just had a look at the Met Office weather forecast for 10th December onward: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/map#?map=SignificantWeather&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=55.01&fcTime=1574672400

"The period is likely to begin on the cold side for most regions, with wintry showers at times in the north, and perhaps over high ground in the south. Widespread frosts and ice are also likely".

Doesn't sound like the sort of weather that elderly Tory/Leave voters would want to be outdoors, doing things like voting on 12th Dec. :whistle:

About time you blue boys had something to feel nervous about..... :D

Just now, Strokes said:

It is 2 players you don’t have to sign. The end result is still the same. It is 6 more.

No, no, no! Not if you promised 6 more from the current number you have! You have not increased the number by 6, so it's not 6 more. Its basic maths!

• Haha 1

No, no, no! Not if you promised 6 more from the current number you have! You have not increased the number by 6, so it's not 6 more. Its basic maths!

We would never have won the title as you would have let Wes and Kasper go. Just for the sake of maths. :nono:

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

We would never have won the title as you would have let Wes and Kasper go. Just for the sake of maths. :nono:

Now I know your being stupid for the sake of it, I'm not playing anymore. Its not 50,000 more and that's it, conversation over.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Watched Andrew Neil destroy Nicola Sturgeon earlier... I'd like to announce my resignation as Leicesters first Scottish Nationalist 

It's amazing what scrutiny can do lol

Seriously though, I've had Labour voters this week tell me how good Sturgeon is - I hope interviews like this show what she's actually doing and how her obsession with independence and funding tuition fees affects other parts of Scotland. I'd genuinely rather Labour won a majority than have to rely on the SNP.

She's good in interviews but my word she gets an easy ride, well up until tonight at least.

Just now, Izzy said:

3hj95k.jpg

I'm a payroll and accounts manager :D

I'm telling all the staff tomorrow that I'm paying them an extra £50 this week, but that's included in the £50 I decided not to deduct from them, so they'll come out with exactly the same :D

• Haha 3