Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Premier Leagues Sleeping Giants

7 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Not certain how the Chelsea squad can be worth more than double the Foxes?

Always think these squad value type assessments are a bit of a misnomer and/or too volatile to pay any attention to.  Loss of form, injury, relegation, contractual factoes amongst a ton of other stuff makes it yield little value in terms of insight.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

For me the ground expansion is the missing link to push us up to a different level,  not a so called big club but a level above the Southamptons etc in the large group with 30000 ish capacity. 

20 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

For me the ground expansion is the missing link to push us up to a different level,  not a so called big club but a level above the Southamptons etc in the large group with 30000 ish capacity. 

The ground thing is a funny one as the KP seems one of the more atmospheric grounds in the EPL and not too many remain, particularly among the London clubs (Palace aside) where it seems the volume of day-trippers kill the atmosphere, the Emirates being the worst for it.

I guess the key is it being big enough to house true fans with a small smattering of tourists.  Does the club currently have a waiting list for season tickets or anything like that which would give an indication of what the sweet spot would be in terms of capacity?

Edited by henrik_62

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

The ground thing is a funny one as the KP seems one of the more atmospheric grounds in the EPL and not too many remain, particularly among the London clubs (Palace aside) where it seems the volume of day-trippers kill the atmosphere, the Emirates being the worst for it.

I guess the key is it being big enough to house true fans with a small smattering of tourists.  Does the club currently have a waiting list for season tickets or anything like that which would give an indication of what the sweet spot would be in terms of capacity?

Sadly yes :( ... I say sadly as there are soo many members who would die for a ST.

Its so hard now to get a ticket for a game if you don't enrol in the membership thingy and even then you have to build up points to even get a shot at being in the lottery of qualifying for a ticket.

hats why i personally can't wait for the stadium to be expanded.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Considering you signed up cos we nicked your manager, it's amazing that you've become one of my favourite posters.

:nigel:

They started it by nicking ours in 2000 ;)

I don't think any club is a sleeping giant. Clubs have had periods of success and failure, most clubs experience a decline or a prolonged spell without trophies or top flight football, we do need to make the most of this opportunity to grow the club with a contingency plan in place for any setbacks which we didn't have when O'Neill left.

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Sadly yes :( ... I say sadly as there are soo many members who would die for a ST.

Its so hard now to get a ticket for a game if you don't enrol in the membership thingy and even then you have to build up points to even get a shot at being in the lottery of qualifying for a ticket.

hats why i personally can't wait for the stadium to be expanded.

That's no bad thing looking at it from the club's point of view though, a no brainer in terms of the expansion plans being viable which you would hope would speed things up.

• Like 1