Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

3 On the half way line at opponents corners

7 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

This was done at WHU and dragged 4 of their players out of the box at corners, i know Ranieri did it for a couple of games, its a great way to stopping the congestion in the penalty area and allows a fast break out when winning the ball, i'd like to see this used more often, we have the players with speed to make this work, Thoughts ?

Great tactic and should be used more

• Like 1

On 30/12/2019 at 08:22, AKCJ said:

Plenty of things to be upset about with our side but defending corners isn't one. (Just re-read that and it sounds like a moan, it isn't. Not sure why I said "plenty of things" when there isn't but it adds emphasis to my point so i'll leave it in)

Until Soyuncu's handball on Boxing Day, we successfully defended every corner we've faced this season.

First, respectfully disagree that the OP (or the thread itself) can be rationally considered as a “moan”. 

Nonetheless, the substance of the post/thread is not about “successfully defending” corners but rather about setting up in a manner that might facilitate quicker transitions/counter-attacks from defending corner kicks - unless of course you can pull up another stat about how we have always scored bar one from defending corners. lol

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Yes, pal, even the post that you were replying to (see the second part of the sentence about giving us “an easy and yet very threatening OUT”).

Sorry, but I was still replying to the first part of the post in question, so the point still stands.

Funny how against Liverpool we had nobody up for corners when we needed a goal,...

But thanks again.

If you want to argue, take your argument someplace else.

23 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Sorry, but I was still replying to the first part of the post in question, so the point still stands.

But thanks again.

If you want to argue, take your argument someplace else.

LOL! The first part is only meaningful as a predicate to the second but you seem like one of those obdurate types who live to “win” Internet discussions. lollol

Happy New Year dude! On the evidence 2020 will be more of the same on FT