Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Birmingham Home (FA Cup) - Wed 4th March 7:45

16 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

4901 seats currently unsold. Capacity of 32k so assume circa 27k seats sold at an average price of £25 (I know STH were £20 but not a huge uplift of initial sales and weighting some corporate seats to bump up the average price). Assumed gate receipts of £675k. If you lowered the average price by £5 (STH/Members £15 and Non-STH £20) and sold out then you have gate receipts of £640k. So whilst empty/unsold seats are frustrating, the club have sold enough to have taken a higher gate receipt than selling out at a lower price.

Horrible attempt at justifying a terrible pricing structure. Do you think the club realistically relies on gate receipts? It's the 21st century, gate receipts make up a tiny percentage of our turnover. We've just posted a £20 million loss and the club seem perfectly happy with it. 

Cheaper ticket prices don't mean the club loses out of a significant amount of cash, but more expensive ones do mean that people WILL decide not to go based on the cost which is a massive shame.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 2

It's easy to accuse City on the price of the tickets (and most folk of this forum know how outspoken my criticism can be of the club as whole) but the price had to be agreed with Birmingham City. 

It would make no sense for us to suggest £25, we'd have suggested Wigan price in the first instances and then the Birmingham would have looked for more. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Horrible attempt at justifying a terrible pricing structure. Do you think the club realistically relies on gate receipts? It's the 21st century, gate receipts make up a tiny percentage of our turnover. We've just posted a £20 million loss and the club seem perfectly happy with it. 

Cheaper ticket prices don't mean the club loses out of a significant amount of cash, but more expensive ones do mean that people WILL decide not to go based on the cost which is a massive shame.

I'm not justifying anything. I'm clarifying the facts on gate receipts. Personally I am going tonight and I feel the club charged too much. The difference of £35k is fairly inconsequential to the club, agreed, but as many have pointed out Birmingham will have most likely pushed higher prices knowing they will sell out their inflated away end.

Edited by Yes N'Didi

5 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I'm not justifying anything. I'm clarifying the facts on gate receipts. Personally I am going tonight and I feel the club charged too much. The difference of £35k is fairly inconsequential to the club, agreed, but as many have pointed out Birmingham will have most likely pushed higher prices knowing they will sell out their inflated away end.

Fair enough. Was the split revenue thing confirmed for sure? I remember some people saying that was done away with. 

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fair enough. Was the split revenue thing confirmed for sure? I remember some people saying that was done away with. 

You are correct. In the qualifying rounds, it has to be mutually agreed.

Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices of admission subject to the following conditions.

In the competition proper, the home side chooses.

Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions. The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s spectators if mutually agreed by both Clubs.

In which case shot ourselves in the foot to take an extra £35k.

• 1 year later...