Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Birmingham Home (FA Cup) - Wed 4th March 7:45

I remember when there would be a huge buzz that Leicester were in the 5th round of the FA Cup and especially if we were big favourites to get to the QF's.

Just looked now and it's on general sale with 10,000 tickets left and Birmingham have been allocated 5,000. 

I've done my bit and will bring myself and three others who normally don't go. 

After a quick adding up I think we've got 12000 left to sell. I know it's midweek and the ticket prices could probably have been set around £5 lower ( I know Birmingham have a say in that) but have we given up on the cup competitions in general now.

I don't think we're on TV (might be wrong) so we can't even use that excuse.

1 hour ago, Livid said:

After a quick adding up I think we've got 12000 left to sell. I know it's midweek and the ticket prices could probably have been set around £5 lower ( I know Birmingham have a say in that) but have we given up on the cup competitions in general now.

I don't think we're on TV (might be wrong) so we can't even use that excuse.

If we get to the final people will start crawling out the woodwork moaning that they can't get a ticket

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, pds said:

I'm a season ticket holder who hasn't bought yet. Absolutely skint at the moment and the money is going towards more pressing things. I'm banking on there being plenty left in a week or so.

This is a common trend, sales really pick up the closer the game gets. This will still sell out but probably not until a day before or on the day.

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This is a common trend, sales really pick up the closer the game gets. This will still sell out but probably not until a day before or on the day.

Agreed.

A week before the Villa League Cup home match, there were nearly 10.000 tickets left.

These pretty much all went by the night of the match.

Sales of the Brum game will pick up, after we've got the Man City game out of the way.

2 hours ago, Ollie93 said:

Makes you wonder whether the expansion is worth it. Imagine there being 20,000 tickets still left too sell.

No offense, but these comments are fickle. We regularly sell out for league games, when do many go to general sale? If any are left its the odd single seat.  If we hit Europe the same will be then on those nights. 

This is a 5th round cup tie on a Wednesday night. If it was the case in the league I'd take your view seriously

3 hours ago, Ollie93 said:

Makes you wonder whether the expansion is worth it. Imagine there being 20,000 tickets still left too sell.

Difference is with all the league games the season ticket holders have already bought their seats...for all the cup games they're still going to have to put their hands in their pockets....in most of the league games, and definitely the big League games, we would sell out in a 42,000 capacity stadium imo. 

22 hours ago, Gerard said:

I remember when there would be a huge buzz that Leicester were in the 5th round of the FA Cup and especially if we were big favourites to get to the QF's.

Just looked now and it's on general sale with 10,000 tickets left and Birmingham have been allocated 5,000. 

I've done my bit and will bring myself and three others who normally don't go. 

Well after winning the best league in the world, and whilst competing to be in the biggest competition in the world - call me cynical but charging £25 for a cup competition that's been destroyed by the greed in football, on a wednesday night against a championship team isn't exactly the biggest draw for our fans.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t make it down to Leicester for this and so I have 2 memberships that I can buy tickets with. If anyone on here buying in general sale wants me to buy them a couple of tickets with the ST holder / members discount send me a direct message. 

39 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Hope the club realise they got it massively wrong

It must be remembered that our opponents have to agree to the pricing structures for Cup matches as they share the revenues.  In terms of revenue this fixture will make more than if they had reduced the pricing by £5 and got a full ground.  Whilst this may seem to be short sighted from the home clubs point of view the away side has maximsed its income whilst also getting the benefit of a bigger away following (by%),  with no down side as far as I can see.

• Like 1

Club now using a singing section they denied UFS for this game to market their woeful ticketing strategy. Guess there was room for one after all, eh? lol

Still, at least the 5k away end will have a chance of generating a decent atmosphere for their team...

EDIT: They've now deleted the tweet...

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

4901 seats currently unsold. Capacity of 32k so assume circa 27k seats sold at an average price of £25 (I know STH were £20 but not a huge uplift of initial sales and weighting some corporate seats to bump up the average price). Assumed gate receipts of £675k. If you lowered the average price by £5 (STH/Members £15 and Non-STH £20) and sold out then you have gate receipts of £640k. So whilst empty/unsold seats are frustrating, the club have sold enough to have taken a higher gate receipt than selling out at a lower price.

• Like 1