Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Wolves 0-0 Leicester City - Vote Now

Wolves 0-0 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.9

Total Average Rating

122 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Jonny Evans 7.5
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Ayoze Pérez 4.6
  4. Manager Confidence 97% -2%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 14/02/20
Voting Ends: 19/02/20

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Çağlar Söyüncü
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Hamza Choudhury
  7. Ayoze Pérez
  8. Youri Tielemans
  9. James Maddison
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Marc Albrighton (sub)
  13. Dennis Praet (sub)
  14. Wes Morgan (sub)

Schmeichel 6 - couple of decent saves, kicking frightening as always.

Ricardo 8 - Best player on the pitch

Evans 8 - Second best player on the pitch

Soyuncu 7

Chilwell 6

Choudhury 5 - Daft second yellow but the first one was for a decent tackle.

Maddison 5

Tielemans 6

Perez 4

Barnes 5

Vardy 4

I've stood up for Chilwell a fair bit recently but decided I'd really focus on him tonight. The closer you look, the worse he is. Sincerely, you should look back over that display, it was dreadful.

Youri and Maddison are luxuries in the middle at the moment. Perez is rapidly becoming a non-option on the right, and even though Marc hardly set the world alight when he came on, he at least showed some vitality and attacking intent. 

The ratings for Hamza (who wasn't wonderful, of course) seem a tad harsh given that he at least offered some physicality and certainly shouldn't have been dismissed. I hardly ever single out refs but whenever I do it always seems to be Mike Dean.

I thought Soyuncu, Evans and Pereira were the only truly good performers. Wolves were uninspiring but probably should have won. It was an utterly lacklustre Leicester performance. I was momentarily buoyed by a lucky point, but to hear Rodgers singing our praises actually got me worried.

And I have no idea how anyone can even give Vardy a rating. If you have that midfield behind you, you've got no chance. Whoever you are.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Poor game to watch, we just don’t seem to be able to break down a defensive team with 5 at the back...

Kasper. 6 Kept us in it with a few great saves but his distribution is woeful.

Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu. 7s The usual solid 3 players in our team, Ricardo gets MOTM for his attacking play.

Chilwell. 3 Got ran ragged and did nothing of note, his career is stalling.

Tielemans, Barnes. 5s Kept going but just didn’t seem to create anything.

Choudhury. 4 Both bookings were poor and maybe a decent Ref would have spotted that, doesn’t create anything and the ball just bounces off him, usually sideways or backwards.

Maddison. 4 Very frustrating tonight, lost or gave away possession all game, needs a kick up the arse.

Perez. 3 Very poor, just doesn’t give us anything as a right sided midfielder.

Vardy. 3 Usually defend him for his work rate but Iheanacho should have come on for the last 20, no service, no movement, no goals for a while.

Ref 3 The big ‘i am’ as as usual from Dean, horrible and arrogant, never gave us anything all night and loved giving out the red card...

4.4.2 v Man City please unless Ndidi is fit, Fuchs in for that game too....

55 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Poor game to watch, we just don’t seem to be able to break down a defensive team with 5 at the back...

Kasper. 6 Kept us in it with a few great saves but his distribution is woeful.

Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu. 7s The usual solid 3 players in our team, Ricardo gets MOTM for his attacking play.

Chilwell. 3 Got ran ragged and did nothing of note, his career is stalling.

Tielemans, Barnes. 5s Kept going but just didn’t seem to create anything.

Choudhury. 4 Both bookings were poor and maybe a decent Ref would have spotted that, doesn’t create anything and the ball just bounces off him, usually sideways or backwards.

Maddison. 4 Very frustrating tonight, lost or gave away possession all game, needs a kick up the arse.

Perez. 3 Very poor, just doesn’t give us anything as a right sided midfielder.

Vardy. 3 Usually defend him for his work rate but Iheanacho should have come on for the last 20, no service, no movement, no goals for a while.

Ref 3 The big ‘i am’ as as usual from Dean, horrible and arrogant, never gave us anything all night and loved giving out the red card...

4.4.2 v Man City please unless Ndidi is fit, Fuchs in for that game too....

Whilst chilwell wasnt great, that is harsh. For most of the second half he was against traore who has terrified all defences this season and did ok. I haven't seen a single left back this season be able to completely contain him.

Evans and soyuncu superb 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Whilst chilwell wasnt great, that is harsh. For most of the second half he was against traore who has terrified all defences this season and did ok. I haven't seen a single left back this season be able to completely contain him.

Evans and soyuncu superb 

He was poor before Traore came on, he got worse when Traore was warming up..:frantics:

To be honest I am really getting concerned with Chilly's play but he also gets no protection game after game. Why can't Rodgers see this and help protect him better. I understand 1 or 2 games but he is getting over run every game since Norwich in December. Many on here will say that's ok because we are still 3rd in the league.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

To be honest I am really getting concerned with Chilly's play but he also gets no protection game after game. Why can't Rodgers see this and help protect him better. I understand 1 or 2 games but he is getting over run every game since Norwich in December. Many on here will say that's ok because we are still 3rd in the league.

Thought he had a shocker first half at times but second half didn’t do too badly against traore. Maybe solution is to play him further up the pitch and chuck Fuchs in his role. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Thought he had a shocker first half at times but second half didn’t do too badly against traore. Maybe solution is to play him further up the pitch and chuck Fuchs in his role. 

Not a bad idea. Worth a shot because he is constantly exposed and other teams know it and exploit it.

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Appears Chilly is locked in as the scapegoat now. I really don’t think he’s even close to the player some want to see. He was decent again, didn’t set the world on fire and made a couple of mistakes but a solid 6 out of ten.

People throwing in 3s really are trying to prove a point that isn’t there. 

For me he's certainly not locked in as a scapegoat. He has immense potential. Pace, drive, link-up play, mobility, strength, attacking threat... so many great attributes.At 23 he's not a kid, but if his attitude is right he's going to grow a great deal.

And if people make him a scapegoat they're incredibly unfair. Compare him to other left backs. And compare him to other Leicester players - ask whether he should be singled out over Youri, Perez, or even Maddison of late.

All of that said, he was still crap yesterday. There's no point whatsoever in pretending he did well. Whoever it was who said he did a sound job when Traore came on is completely wrong. I'm not going over-the-top here, I've gone to the effort of watching it back, doing all the forensic bull**** - seeing the times he allows Soyuncu to come out and do his job for him, the times he fails to play a positive ball, or gets caught out of position, or flat-footed, or plays a man into trouble, or simply fails to apply any pressure to a ball coming into the box. He really was rubbish. One of our 3 or 4 stand-out rubbish players.

So he's a good player, potentially a great player, and we should all get behind him. But he wasn't good enough yesterday, has been poor for significant portions of the season (to the point that the media at large is starting to catch on) and needs to work very hard at his game. If he doesn't, he'll be increasingly identifiable as one of our weak links.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Appears Chilly is locked in as the scapegoat now. I really don’t think he’s even close to the player some want to see. He was decent again, didn’t set the world on fire and made a couple of mistakes but a solid 6 out of ten.

People throwing in 3s really are trying to prove a point that isn’t there. 

He was certainly no worse than the bulk of our squad, and better than some despite having the hardest assignment of anyone and getting basically no help.  Ricardo and Evans were great, Soyuncu was pretty good and everybody else was forgettable or worse - but some far worse than Chilwell.  It's just that, as you say, he's the designated whipping boy now (and FT always seems to need one).

22 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

He was certainly no worse than the bulk of our squad, and better than some despite having the hardest assignment of anyone and getting basically no help.  Ricardo and Evans were great, Soyuncu was pretty good and everybody else was forgettable or worse - but some far worse than Chilwell.  It's just that, as you say, he's the designated whipping boy now (and FT always seems to need one).

He really was worse than most of the side. Who else played below, or at, his standard? Arguably Perez and Tielemans - but that's about it. I honestly recommend re-watching the game and looking at him; what works out for him, the decisions he makes, his positioning, his vulnerability, the extent to which others have to cover for him, the extent to which build-up play collapses when the ball comes to him. Perhaps people have overlooked how poor he was simply because he's been utterly woeful at times recently, to a stand-out extent, and that wasn't the case yesterday. Plus, of course, he was part of a defence which kept a clean sheet. But he really was poor. To say anything other than that means that we've either not paid much attention, or the bar is set too low.

On 15/02/2020 at 07:31, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Evans and soyuncu superb 

Chilwell backed off and backed off and backed off....