Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Pearson and Percy

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

... Eddie rolled his eyes and politely batted his first couple of questions away before he was asked about the important stuff.

This goes back to the very first point I was making.

There were many times when Nigel Pearson was asked a simple question. 

It may have been it was a bit silly or irrelevant, but wasn't questioning his manhood or integrity. 

It just needed to be politely batted away.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

I remember he always used to come across as trying sound important and big headed on the radio.

Very true. I say this as a Pearson fan, but he aint half as clever as he thinks he is. 

He's a thinker. And he's curious....but he wades into an attempt at being intellectual. 

Surely the first rule of any true intellectual is don't try to be clever.

On 19/05/2020 at 07:14, worth_the_wait said:

I'm not ignoring any of what he did for us.  

He was absolutely excellent for us - a superb manager  (in 2 separate spells at our club). 

And laid the foundations for the greatest event in the history of the universe.

I am truly glad he graced us with his presence.

I just think there's a rather unsavoury side to him, and that he's got some anger management issues.

He did have a few issues, but who doesnt? 

Id argue he just didnt accept fools. Which benefited us massively in the way he sorted out the terrible overpriced squad Sven assembled. 

I certainly dont think you should read too much into the way he dealt with Stringer. Im sure Stringers Wife talks to him like that.

42 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

This goes back to the very first point I was making.

There were many times when Nigel Pearson was asked a simple question. 

It may have been it was a bit silly or irrelevant, but wasn't questioning his manhood or integrity. 

It just needed to be politely batted away.

...it was an uncomfortable watch!!!!

You really did not want to be that person to interject in that discourse, at that moment. It is always a state of paralysis watching this car wreck and thinking, "glad it's not me".

You could see Nigel was uneasy as he reached for his drink several times but did not take a drink, using the cup as some kind of distraction, something to do. He was looking for a way to diffuse the situation but he was not prepared to give way to Murphy. Murphy was intent on making a statement, wisely or not and was prepared to continue asking his questions regardless. Even when their was an interjection from what it seems a Leicester operative Pearson would not back away when he could have asked for someone else to pose him a question, effectively sidelining Murphy.

Could it have been handled better by Pearson, yes, but ego and poor judgement held sway.

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I remember he always used to come across as trying sound important and big headed on the radio.

Are you referring to Pearson or Murphy in the above post?

I took it as you meant Murphy but the below post assumes to are talking about Pearson.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Very true. I say this as a Pearson fan, but he aint half as clever as he thinks he is. 

He's a thinker. And he's curious....but he wades into an attempt at being intellectual. 

Surely the first rule of any true intellectual is don't try to be clever.

• Like 1