Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Pearson and Percy

Another interview in The Guardian today, which is a good read: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/14/nigel-pearson-watford-liverpool-premier-league-coronavirus-interview-donald-mcrae

I wonder if his agent has advised him to do a few interviews to improve his public image, for the sake of his longer-term career?

He seemed to get a public reputation as a semi-unhinged, confrontational macho man due to 1 or 2 incidents at LCFC.

But although he seems quite intense (hence needing time alone, I imagine), there always seemed to be a lot more subtlety & positive qualities to his personality than that.

• Like 1

Here's another intersting interview from the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/14/nigel-pearson-watford-liverpool-premier-league-coronavirus-interview-donald-mcrae

This is well worth reading,particularly about the training before Liverpool win and that Watford need three points each game hence more attacking style.

Not so sure about his musical tastes though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/14/nigel-pearson-watford-liverpool-premier-league-coronavirus-interview-donald-mcrae

This is well worth reading,particularly about the training before Liverpool win and that Watford need three points each game hence more attacking style.

Seems decent enough to me.  In fact the more I find out about the deeper my respect grows.

58 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I don't know.  Nick Drake, Miles Davis, Van Morrison...  :punk:

Sounds pretty good to me and a step up from the usual footballers easy listening cul-de-sac.

He's an interesting bloke, I could listen up to him all evening.

19 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't know.  Nick Drake, Miles Davis, Van Morrison...  :punk:

Sounds pretty good to me and a step up from the usual footballers easy listening cul-de-sac.

He's an interesting bloke, I could listen up to him all evening.

3 of the very best Dave…. Bryter later is an amazing album…. Astral weeks by Van the man…. I own loads of stuff by Miles…

The man has depth and swag…!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Flicking through his Spotify playlist he reads out an eclectic mix stretching from Miles Davis to The Cure, Nick Drake to Chick Corea, Van Morrison to XTC, The Shins to a selection of Icelandic groups, his enjoyment is obvious.

And Shostakovich too, blokes a legend

What do you want him to listen to some kind of thud, thud, clunk music like Queen or Oasis?

Yes he did a terrific job at LCFC along with Craig Shakespeare..  He  calls a spade a spade, no asshole creeping with him.  j

The reason he was sacked by Leicester has never really come out, but it certainly wasn't to do with his achievements on the pitch. Claudio Ranieri inherited Nigels team which won the Premiership.  I believe as many people do, that he had a bust up with the Directors/owners regarding his sons pissing around in Thailand.

Because of my respect for him, I hope that Watford do not get relegated.

• 2 months later...