Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Pearson and Percy

On 14/03/2020 at 08:49, Mark_w said:

At the time, he was “b----- annoyed”, and his indignation seemed to jar with the public perception of him. So, how does he feel now? “I’m still b----- annoyed. Absolutely. Fortunately for me, I got a new passport before Christmas so I don’t have one of those stupid b----- blue ones. There’s your quote!”

:wub:

Anyone that has been issued with a new passport in the past twelve months will notice that it has two words missing from the front cover. It doesn't need to be blue. 

:nigel:

On 15/03/2020 at 04:36, Dan LCFC said:

I'm still convinced he's back here one day. I might be insane but I just can't escape it.

Unfortunately for Nigel, City have  progressed too far now for a return.

That's not knocking him in any way, I think the club and supporters  will always be grateful for his achievements here, without him, for sure  there obviously would have been no Premier League parade.

• Like 2

I remember hearing Nigel Pearson being interviewed on Radio Leicester a few times during the 2012-15 period.

On several occasions, he was very rude to the interviewer ... after being asked simple straightforward questions.

Now I realise some people may think good manners and courtesy are a bit old fashioned.  But it was a bit of an eye opener.

And before anyone says, yes I know, he was an excellent football manager for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

I remember hearing Nigel Pearson being interviewed on Radio Leicester a few times during the 2012-15 period.

On several occasions, he was very rude to the interviewer ... after being asked simple straightforward questions.

Now I realise some people may think good manners and courtesy are a bit old fashioned.  But it was a bit of an eye opener.

And before anyone says, yes I know, he was an excellent football manager for us.

So he was rude to Stringer... Good.

I don't think he is a lover of the media let's say!

Mind you he was on Sky sports on their Sunday morning programme and did a live FA cup game on the Beeb.

Think he just has better things to do.

I almost feel he'd rather talk to fans than the press.

Not everyone can be Harry Redknapp type ..

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

People can say what they like or interpret his interviews how they want. Didn’t the entire playing staff and club stop working alongside Stringer and radio Leicester for 2-3 years in support of Pearson? 

That tells you everything you need to know. 

I think it was because of a line of questioning to Jack Hobbs that was the final straw. 

It wasn't just Stringer that Nige had issues with as we know. That exchange with the Sky pundits after a controversial penalty decision was priceless. 

44 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think it was because of a line of questioning to Jack Hobbs that was the final straw. 

It wasn't just Stringer that Nige had issues with as we know. That exchange with the Sky pundits after a controversial penalty decision was priceless. 

True, but it was brilliant entertainment. I always found it bemusing that some city fans got offended by Pearson not being this bubbly chatty character in press conferences.

Pearson is generally fine with people in the media who don't try and be a tit with him - with the exception of course of Ostrich gate which was the one genuinely bizarre one I can't really defend him on lol but he did apologise for that one.

Never forget Pat Murphy's attempt a few days later. 7 minutes of trying to get Pearson to bite and he got nothing.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Pearson is generally fine with people in the media who don't try and be a tit with him - with the exception of course of Ostrich gate which was the one genuinely bizarre one I can't really defend him on lol but he did apologise for that one.

Never forget Pat Murphy's attempt a few days later. 7 minutes of trying to get Pearson to bite and he got nothing.

I don't even see the massive fuss with ostrich-gate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I don't think he is a lover of the media let's say!

Mind you he was on Sky sports on their Sunday morning programme and did a live FA cup game on the Beeb.

Think he just has better things to do.

I almost feel he'd rather talk to fans than the press.

Not everyone can be Harry Redknapp type ..

...strange thing is..... I don't trust him!!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Looking back now it’s bizarre some freaks in our support were more supportive of Ian Stringer than our manager at the time

Remember Seenitall? lol 

It’s bizarre but not surprising. A big enough chunk of our fans had major issues with Pearson as a person and it was really annoying/weird.

Edited by TJB-fox

7 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

By simple and straightforward questions do you mean the constant questions about whether he is going to be sacked or not? Which he can't answer anyway.

I don't think Nigel was without fault (personality wise) but lets not use his patience finally running out with Stringer as any kind of indictment on his persona.

6 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Remember when a Sun reporter interrupted his radio interview with Stringer and he ended up swearing live on air? Can't remember if it was a preseason friendly or something

Love the man

Yes, I think it was the Werder Bremen friendly in 2014, just before the season. He said "Don't fvcking interrupt, I'm chatting to Ian"

• Haha 2