Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dennis Gyamfi

Nothing in that highlights reel made me think we are holding the next Cafu here, he shows a turn of pace & strength against other inexperienced players but nothing to say he could cut it right now in the 1st team, think he would struggle even in the Championship if he thinks an attacker is going to let him shield the ball out of play as half heartedly as some on the reel did he is in for a shock.
If he goes its not a case of typical Leicester letting the talent go, he's free to leave end of June, if he doesn't want to put pen to paper & fight/bide his time then thats on him, he's 18 & well down the pecking in order for a 1st team start, look how long it took Justin to get a game.
Offer him a contract telling him he will be loaned out to gain the exeperiance if he says no he wants it now, then bye but i'd guess we won't be seeing him in the premiership within 2 possibly 3yrs with any other club so not sure what he thinks he will get elsewhere.

34 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

LOAN - wouldn't sell this lad unless we are gonna make very good money return on investment and put it somewhere very useful.

If we did sell I'd want a buyback clause.

Out of contract means our option to sell with a buy back clause is a non starter! 

7 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Which players have undeservedly had contracts in their 30s?

You are missing my point.   What I was 'suggesting' is that these youngsters are may be choosing to leave the Club because they see their immediate opportunities limited, this as the Club is retaining players at the end of their careers that will hold them back from say a crack at the bench anytime soon.   Young players nowadays are often impatient which why we are seeing a few English lads seek a chance abroad.   I did not any make mention to undeserved contracts....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

You are missing my point.   What I was 'suggesting' is that these youngsters are may be choosing to leave the Club because they see their immediate opportunities limited, this as the Club is retaining players at the end of their careers that will hold them back from say a crack at the bench anytime soon.   Young players nowadays are often impatient which why we are seeing a few English lads seek a chance abroad.   I did not any make mention to undeserved contracts....

I wouldn't say its because they are impatient. 

More because they don't get a chance here because we have so many players coming from abroad to play in England. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Out of contract means our option to sell with a buy back clause is a non starter! 

Yes, we'd have to offer him a contract... and then loan but yeah fair point!

Edited by Swan Lesta

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Point still stands. We know Hamza occasionally played at right back when it was necessary at U23 level however he’s a midfielder. Why play Mendy at this point when we can expose the young lads to a high level inter squad friendly?

Hamza playing as a holding midfielder and one of the young lads at right back is a more logical option from a development stand point. It’s not like it was a competitive game with points on the line. It discourages the youth. 

Because if Ndidi gets COVID or another injury, you want to ensure your best cover player is match fit in that position. We have no senior cover right-back, and I'm not sure throwing a teenager in during the last dozen games of a season where we could qualify for the Champions League and win the FA Cup is a good idea.

I maybe mistaken but I can't remember my players recently who we have let go who have turned out to prove the club wrong. 

He's not even made many apps for the u23, if he was that good surely he'd be pressing he's claim for a start at that level. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Academy football is weird, having played 18 months in one not too long ago (not PL standard or anywhere near tho). Coaches often seem to have ideas about “this is what’s best for player A” or “even tho player A is better than B, A is better to play in the worse/younger side for this, this and this”

Its mentally draining and got to the point where I didn’t want to play for a while and hardly do now. Gyamfi might feel he deserves to be in the 23s but just isn’t getting the opportunities, therefore finding it hard to see a route to the first team. It’s not necessarily weakness but more intrinsic, sometimes you just know when you’re ready, sometimes you might be a bit premature and jump the gun and fall flat on your face, but I don’t blame him for wanting to get out of the academy environment ASAP if he chooses to go and can’t see a chance of making it here, although I would imagine he’s looked after very well by LCFC for all his work. 

Thats a shame mate, get back playing as one day you'll be too old and may regret it. 

Edited by coolhandfox
typo's
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

...I believe the term used was "sentimental", inferring undeserved!!!!

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

More because they don't get a chance here because we have so many players coming from abroad to play in England. 

...if your good enough, you good enough!!!

I think the young players have taken a good look and view as we mostly advocate on here, that at a certain age playing Under 23 football does not help to progress their career. I suspect their has been some change of ethos, in respect of the new training facilities, that a level of excellence will have to be met and down the line our new intakes will encompass a greater catchment area and the structure of the age range will push the 18 year olds into U23s with 15 and 16 year olds competing in U18 or U23s. If your good, your good enough!!!!

51 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if your good enough, you good enough!!!

I think the young players have taken a good look and view as we mostly advocate on here, that at a certain age playing Under 23 football does not help to progress their career. I suspect their has been some change of ethos, in respect of the new training facilities, that a level of excellence will have to be met and down the line our new intakes will encompass a greater catchment area and the structure of the age range will push the 18 year olds into U23s with 15 and 16 year olds competing in U18 or U23s. If your good, your good enough!!!!

My whole point is youth does not get a chance because of the number of players from abroad playing here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

My whole point is youth does not get a chance because of the number of players from abroad playing here. 

..that's an old chestnut!!!

The amount of young talent that has come through in the Premiership and has gone into the England team some what refutes that. The skill level has been upped and style of play and attitude to the progress of the game itself has been greatly enhanced by the influx from abroad.

As I said. If your good enough, you are good enough!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Fair point.  In this case though neither are UK born.