Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dennis Gyamfi

39 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

I would't be apposed to having a good relationship with rangers. That being said I have no idea about this guy

He's been training with the first team squad AFAIK. Young and raw but sought after by a few big teams for their youth squad.

Some highlights:

We seem to have developed a bit of a relationship with them recently... Dodoo went there permanently and King was up there on loan

I think we need to get him to stay. Sounds like he's a great prospect and with Ricky P out for the rest of the season, Justin needs someone to rotate with. I'm not 100% sold on Vontae-Campbell as back up from the little I've seen.

From now until the end of the season will be a great opportunity for him and VC to prove their worth.

Edited by CloudFox

Sign a new contract and then loan him out, ideally to a championship side. We need to loan a lot more of our U23s out for first team experience. No point them playing in a league no one cares about. 

• Like 1

He is essentially our back up right back currently, which is exactly what he'll be at Rangers. Rodgers needs to play a blinder in convincing him to stay here with some potential experience in the PL and FA Cup from now until the end of the season and then a loan move to the Championship or League One. He's not going to be any better placed going to Arsenal or Man Utd in immediate first team football other than they might be slightly more progressive at obtaining loan moves to gain experience than we are.

If he does leave, maybe him and Bassey will be the wake up call this club needs in how the academy operates, there's still much to improve to match the ambition of the first team and club in general, it's my biggest bug bear.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Mitch Clark is the cream of the crop when it comes to playing second fiddle to James while Ricky's out.

Didn't he go our on loan to Port vale though? Not sure if he's returned or what...

He won't be eligible due to being on loan, unless the PL change the rules but I think at best they'll only allow players not registered in the 25 man squad that were still at the club post January.

More clubs in England need to start using their authority to operate like Spanish teams do. As mentioned above we could develop a good relationship with Rangers (or a similar team), let them have our young players for a year or two and get first dibs on buying them back as is often popular in Spain. 

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He is essentially our back up right back currently, which is exactly what he'll be at Rangers. Rodgers needs to play a blinder in convincing him to stay here with some potential experience in the PL and FA Cup from now until the end of the season and then a loan move to the Championship or League One. He's not going to be any better placed going to Arsenal or Man Utd in immediate first team football other than they might be slightly more progressive at obtaining loan moves to gain experience than we are.

If he does leave, maybe him and Bassey will be the wake up call this club needs in how the academy operates, there's still much to improve to match the ambition of the first team and club in general, it's my biggest bug bear.

Well said Ric! Time for the club to wake up and re-think the academy operations and take advantage of the new training facilities.. Otherwise it could be Pennant and Tavares who leave next. Hopefully that's not the case!

I wonder if Gyamfi was involved in the 11 v 11 match at the KP? Didn't see him or Daley-Campbell in the highlights but like you say surely one of them will step up as second choice RB for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Spot on Ric. We need to **** off this idea that winning the U23’s Premier League means anything. We need to start getting these lads out to the SPL, Championship or lower down the pyramid in English football.

Pennant, Tavares, Gyamfi and Tee need to be playing U23 football now rather than being blocked by 22-23 year olds who quite frankly are going nowhere at our club now. The academy does a great job but the system is broken from 18+ to first team football. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Well said Ric! Time for the club to wake up and re-think the academy operations and take advantage of the new training facilities.. Otherwise it could be Pennant and Tavares who leave next. Hopefully that's not the case!

I wonder if Gyamfi was involved in the 11 v 11 match at the KP? Didn't see him or Daley-Campbell in the highlights but like you say surely one of them will step up as second choice RB for the remainder of the season. 

It doesn't appear he was, which isn't a good start.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It doesn't appear he was, which isn't a good start.

I do have to question Brendan’s logic here in regards to Hamza playing right back and Mendy starting in holding midfield. I appreciate Mendy is in the first team squad but he’s out of on contract in the summer. Surely the approach should have been to get Hamza playing holding midfield for the away team and get either Gyamfi or Daley-Campbell to play right back for the home side. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

I do have ago question Brendan’s logic here in regards to Hamza playing right back and Mendy starting in holding midfield. I appreciate Mendy is in the first team squad but he’s out of on contract in the summer. Surely the approach should have been to get Hamza playing holding midfield for the away team and get either Gyamfi or Daley-Campbell to play right back for the home side. 

Definitely, it's clear he is looking at Hamza to fill in at right back if needs be which I suppose isn't the worst idea in the world but the club then can't be too annoyed if a sought after youngster of theirs who has already harboured thoughts about leaving for first team football indeed does leave after yet further evidence of not being given a smidgen of a chance.

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

I do have to question Brendan’s logic here in regards to Hamza playing right back and Mendy starting in holding midfield. I appreciate Mendy is in the first team squad but he’s out of on contract in the summer. Surely the approach should have been to get Hamza playing holding midfield for the away team and get either Gyamfi or Daley-Campbell to play right back for the home side. 

That's because Choudhury is bang average at playing holding midfield in a 4-3-3.

Every time he plays there he is positionally rash and leaves the CBs exposed. And that tends to be Soyuncu's one weakness - when there's space ahead of him, he also decides to dive in, which is where we get huge space in behind.

Choudhury is a box-to-box player, or at least that's what I think he is being groomed to become. The rumours of William Carvalho are potential proof that Rodgers wants a proper holding player to cover for Wilf if Mendy does go.

As for right-backs, Daley-Campbell is ahead of Gyamfi in the pecking order and is still only 19. Both were at the KP for the 11v11, for what it's worth.

This is hardly surprising when the Club appear to dish out sentimental contract extensions to players in their 30's.   I can only assume these youngsters see their paths blocked and see their prospects limited?

51 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This is hardly surprising when the Club appear to dish out sentimental contract extensions to players in their 30's.   I can only assume these youngsters see their paths blocked and see their prospects limited?

Which players have undeservedly had contracts in their 30s?

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

That's because Choudhury is bang average at playing holding midfield in a 4-3-3.

Every time he plays there he is positionally rash and leaves the CBs exposed. And that tends to be Soyuncu's one weakness - when there's space ahead of him, he also decides to dive in, which is where we get huge space in behind.

Choudhury is a box-to-box player, or at least that's what I think he is being groomed to become. The rumours of William Carvalho are potential proof that Rodgers wants a proper holding player to cover for Wilf if Mendy does go.

As for right-backs, Daley-Campbell is ahead of Gyamfi in the pecking order and is still only 19. Both were at the KP for the 11v11, for what it's worth.

Point still stands. We know Hamza occasionally played at right back when it was necessary at U23 level however he’s a midfielder. Why play Mendy at this point when we can expose the young lads to a high level inter squad friendly?

Hamza playing as a holding midfielder and one of the young lads at right back is a more logical option from a development stand point. It’s not like it was a competitive game with points on the line. It discourages the youth. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Beaglehole always talks about the development squad as an entity that needs to win trophies and be successful results wise, this to me is the biggest problem.

Don't get me wrong, building a winning mentality is important but we need to use the platform to emulate the first team as much as possible.

If that means setting up in a way that's not going to give us the best chance of winning a match or playing a more inexperienced player for the overall good, then so be it. 

Playing hoof ball away at Scunthorpe on a cold Wednesday night with the odd journey man in to sure things up isn't going to help in the long run, even if we do scrape a 1-0 win and make it into the QF of the paint trophy... 

For me, there is no issue wanting to achieve this, but if a players ready for a loan then allow them too! The replacement you introduce from bench player to starter and an 18 steps into the bench. It should be a conveyor belt like system. I know it’s not that simple, but I think it’s do able! If you have someone ready for first team football the u23 on the bench needs to be ready for regular starts. Eg Clark was starting, gone on loan and now Daley-Campbell steps up to right back, gyamfi steps too the bench. 

29 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

LOAN - wouldn't sell this lad unless we are gonna make very good money return on investment and put it somewhere very useful.

If we did sell I'd want a buyback clause.

Isn't he out of contract though??