Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

F1 2020

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Claim to fame I was fastest on 360 around Canada on F1 2012. Couldn't get top 100 on 2018 though, standard has gone up and mine has plummeted. The joys of aging. 

Still no mean feat.

It became a real sport with pros spending thousands of hours in. Watching some of them on youtube is quite the sobbering experience. Hence me sticking to the single player experience.

Do you play with a pad or a wheel?

It's a very very good F1 game no doubt about that. The gameplay is simply outstanding and the MyTeam feature is cool, but I'm still waiting and hoping for a multiplayer career mode.

My main gripe with the game is the loading times. I don't know what it's like on PS4 and PC but on Xbox it's horrible. Other things that bug me are the repetitive interviews and the fact that you can't disable practice sessions. Not interested in them at all and simulating takes a while cos of loading times. It becomes a bit tiresome when you're a few races in

3 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

It's a very very good F1 game no doubt about that. The gameplay is simply outstanding and the MyTeam feature is cool, but I'm still waiting and hoping for a multiplayer career mode.

My main gripe with the game is the loading times. I don't know what it's like on PS4 and PC but on Xbox it's horrible. Other things that bug me are the repetitive interviews and the fact that you can't disable practice sessions. Not interested in them at all and simulating takes a while cos of loading times. It becomes a bit tiresome when you're a few races in

But the practice sessions are where you get the majority of your resource points? Well a decent amount anyway. I just try and blast all practice programs out in P1, or one dry practice session if the weather is a bit unstable, then go straight to qualy. If you nail every program first time there’s just enough time to do them all.  

10 minutes ago, stix said:

But the practice sessions are where you get the majority of your resource points? Well a decent amount anyway. I just try and blast all practice programs out in P1, or one dry practice session if the weather is a bit unstable, then go straight to qualy. If you nail every program first time there’s just enough time to do them all.  

I totally get the appeal if you're into all that kind of stuff. I'm just not too concerned about the resource points and I always just choose recommended upgrades anyway.

I guess I'd like a more casual career mode that cuts away certain parts. I don't have much time to play, so I mainly do one-shot qualy and 25% races, but I like having your own team and the idea of other drivers switching teams over the course of the years.

47 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

I totally get the appeal if you're into all that kind of stuff. I'm just not too concerned about the resource points and I always just choose recommended upgrades anyway.

I guess I'd like a more casual career mode that cuts away certain parts. I don't have much time to play, so I mainly do one-shot qualy and 25% races, but I like having your own team and the idea of other drivers switching teams over the course of the years.

Yeah I do get that. It’s a pretty time consuming game. I really don’t get enough time on it either, It normally takes me about 3 go’s to complete a race race weekend! 

57 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Resources are essential in the driver / career mode though. Why not simply create your own season, you'd skip then the whole practice programms.

You also have the option now of doing a season with only 10 or 16 GPs in the career/my team modes. I also don't have much time to spare and found this option to a godsend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Claim to fame I was fastest on 360 around Canada on F1 2012. Couldn't get top 100 on 2018 though, standard has gone up and mine has plummeted. The joys of aging. 

I'm the same but I feel the game has favoured wheels over the last few years. I could usually get in the top 200 a few years ago but last year I struggled to get into the top 1000 and i'm doing all I can possibly do. Also doesn't help that I use no assists except auto gears which is a disadvantage with braking.

2 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

I've never really bothered with career because I can't take to the lack of realism. If you play F1 games long enough you'll go onto the new release and know what you're doing. You join Williams or Haas and even with a high AI setting you go and take pole in Australia in your first race. Not the games fault of course. Personally it feels very Football Managery where it's just become overwhelmingly detailed, good thing for some but for me I just don't really have the patience to learn it all lol

Edited by Walkers

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Resources are essential in the driver / career mode though. Why not simply create your own season, you'd skip then the whole practice programms.

You also have the option now of doing a season with only 10 or 16 GPs in the career/my team modes. I also don't have much time to spare and found this option to a godsend.

Can you create your own single season and race as the 11th team? Might try that if you can do it. And that's pretty cool with the shortened season. I'll take a look :)  

20 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Can you create your own single season and race as the 11th team? Might try that if you can do it. And that's pretty cool with the shortened season. I'll take a look :)  

Apologies, I didn't formulated it correctly.

As the 11th team you still have 10 seasons (mandatory), but you're able to decide how many GPs you want to race for each season (10, 16 or 22). The number of race laps (5 laps, 25%, 50% or 100%) and length of quali as well practice sessions for each GP is defined before the beginning of the race weekend. I'm currently doing old school 10-16 GP seasons which allows me to skip most of Tilke's dross like Abu Dhabi or Sotchi. The new Zandvoort circuit is fantastic while Hanoi is more divisive between the players.

If you just want a single season without practice sessions, there's the GP mode where you have full control over the weather, the number of GPs, the number of laps per GP and the quali session. You'll have to use one of the 10 existing teams though, not yours.

All in all it's a great game and the My Team mode is without a doubt an instant success, even for a first iteration. They'll certainly expand on it in the next games. The last patch fixed the most game-breaking bugs and it's perfectly playable as it. I can only recommend it.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Walkers said:

Went quickest at Suzuka Time Trial in the classics earlier this week in preperation for the weekly event :cool: Looking forward to it glitching again when I complete the race

Are you on a wheel? Any assists on? 

1 hour ago, stix said:

Are you on a wheel? Any assists on? 

Nope, pad. Gap seems closer this year between the two on most tracks, not really sure how that can be. And only auto gears which is a disadvantage aswell, think I've mentioned that before in here so don't wanna repeat myself lol

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Nope, pad. Gap seems closer this year between the two on most tracks, not really sure how that can be. And only auto gears which is a disadvantage aswell, think I've mentioned that before in here so don't wanna repeat myself lol

Yeah I remember you saying about auto gears now. I did try manual for abit on 2017. Just seemed unnatural on a pad to me. I think I was on Xbox at the time and had an elite pad. Tried using the paddles on the back but it was just too difficult for me. I dunno if my hands are weird or just too big! Was disappointed because in theory the elite pad looks like it’s made for sim racing. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

doing a career with Alpha Tauri, struggling to get the right AI mix atm. I really like the season length selection, but wish, wish you could change the order to keep the seasons more fresh. 

It is well known that that the AI has strong (ex: Suzuka) and weak circuits (ex: Canada), so you won't be able to have a difficulty tailored for all circuits. The general rule is to increase the AI difficulty by 1 point per 1 tenth lap delta for each circuit.

Changing the order would be awesome but I already appreciate the massive advantage of not doing an exhausting 22 races and going through Sotchi, Abu Dhabi, COTA and the likes.

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

It is well known that that the AI has strong (ex: Suzuka) and weak circuits (ex: Canada), so you won't be able to have a difficulty tailored for all circuits. The general rule is to increase the AI difficulty by 1 point per 1 tenth lap delta for each circuit.

Changing the order would be awesome but I already appreciate the massive advantage of not doing an exhausting 22 races and going through Sotchi, Abu Dhabi, COTA and the likes.

Yeah I know, I've usually been consistent within the 90s but it feels like the AI is slower this year so I think I'm gonna go to ultimate

I'd love it if they add the new tracks for a bit more variety. Abu Dhabi is the one I hate the most, I'd keep sochi cause I've got pretty good pace round there lol

It always used to be a case of particular corners where AI are too conservative. I raced a lot of F2 cars on single player championships on 2019 and found the long right hander at Paul Ricard, last corner at Catalunya, the corner leading onto the long straight at China, the last proper right hander at Baku, turn 1 at Hockenheim, Blanchimont at Spa to new a few where they just cruise round there. Hockenheim inpartiulcar you just chuck it in there and hope for the best

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah I know, I've usually been consistent within the 90s but it feels like the AI is slower this year so I think I'm gonna go to ultimate

I'd love it if they add the new tracks for a bit more variety. Abu Dhabi is the one I hate the most, I'd keep sochi cause I've got pretty good pace round there lol

90's is quite decent I'd say. My comfort zone is around 75-85 depending on the circuit. I don't have much time to practice more and have enough stress at work . Good luck at Suzuka with the 110% AI lol.

There was a heavy debate about adding the new tracks (Portugal, Imola, Mugello and Nürburgring) but it was ruled out as it takes them roughly a year for each new track and the licensing problems. I don't mind Sotchi, quite the wasy track but it's utterly bland. I have the same problem with every circuit designed by Tilke, I just can't find any flow in them.

Hanoi overtook Abu Dhabi in my most hated track. Aside from having the feeling of driving in a high security prison,  it's just a shitty patchwork of other iconic tracks. Can't see staying long in the official calendar and it certainly never made into in mine after the second season.

3 hours ago, That_Dude said:

90's is quite decent I'd say. My comfort zone is around 75-85 depending on the circuit. I don't have much time to practice more and have enough stress at work . Good luck at Suzuka with the 110% AI lol.

There was a heavy debate about adding the new tracks (Portugal, Imola, Mugello and Nürburgring) but it was ruled out as it takes them roughly a year for each new track and the licensing problems. I don't mind Sotchi, quite the wasy track but it's utterly bland. I have the same problem with every circuit designed by Tilke, I just can't find any flow in them.

Hanoi overtook Abu Dhabi in my most hated track. Aside from having the feeling of driving in a high security prison,  it's just a shitty patchwork of other iconic tracks. Can't see staying long in the official calendar and it certainly never made into in mine after the second season.

I'm on 97 atm but I'm king of the midfield everytime do I'll try going up, switched to wheel a few years ago so I'm finally getting back up to speed of where I was on the pad.ive not put Hanoi on, wanted to try and keep the calendar realistic and keep the street tracks to a minimum, my favourite track to drive on has go be the worst race irl but Paul ricard is great to drive on

• Like 1