Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

F1 2020

11 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm on 97 atm but I'm king of the midfield everytime do I'll try going up, switched to wheel a few years ago so I'm finally getting back up to speed of where I was on the pad.ive not put Hanoi on, wanted to try and keep the calendar realistic and keep the street tracks to a minimum, my favourite track to drive on has go be the worst race irl but Paul ricard is great to drive on

97 is awesome. I played with a controller from 2012 to 2017. The latter was awful on a pad and I skipped until 2019 where I switched to a Fanatec CSL with LC pedals.

The difference was night and day in terms of fun, performance and consistently. Still can't call myself a great driver though.

Never got along with Paul Ricard and the three last turns I never ever got right. Don't know why. I love Suzuka, Silverstone and even Monaco.

21 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

97 is awesome. I played with a controller from 2012 to 2017. The latter was awful on a pad and I skipped until 2019 where I switched to a Fanatec CSL with LC pedals.

The difference was night and day in terms of fun, performance and consistently. Still can't call myself a great driver though.

Never got along with Paul Ricard and the three last turns I never ever got right. Don't know why. I love Suzuka, Silverstone and even Monaco.

Yeah I'm roughly around the same, I think 18 was my first with the wheel, I've got a logitech 29 which is steady, got a cheeky mod for it to look like a f1 wheel. 

I used to hate it at first but when  you maim that final sector its great. Suzuka is one of them I seen to have good one lap pace but in the race I fade away 

18 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah I'm roughly around the same, I think 18 was my first with the wheel, I've got a logitech 29 which is steady, got a cheeky mod for it to look like a f1 wheel. 

I used to hate it at first but when  you maim that final sector its great. Suzuka is one of them I seen to have good one lap pace but in the race I fade away 

Can't go wrong with a G29. Solid built and enough buttons on it to not use anything else.

Yeah the third third sector is definitely my weakest, but I think that the horrible red / blue stripes are the real cause of my intense dislike. Suzuka is phenomenal, I'm not the quickest, overtaking is really there but I have so much fun driving it. It took me a while to learn the first sector, especially where to brake at Turn 1. One of the few races where I go at least 50%.

On 26/07/2020 at 18:27, The Horse's Mouth said:

doing a career with Alpha Tauri, struggling to get the right AI mix atm. I really like the season length selection, but wish, wish you could change the order to keep the seasons more fresh. 

On 27/07/2020 at 09:54, That_Dude said:

It is well known that that the AI has strong (ex: Suzuka) and weak circuits (ex: Canada), so you won't be able to have a difficulty tailored for all circuits. The general rule is to increase the AI difficulty by 1 point per 1 tenth lap delta for each circuit.

Changing the order would be awesome but I already appreciate the massive advantage of not doing an exhausting 22 races and going through Sotchi, Abu Dhabi, COTA and the likes.

If either of you have got that far, do you know if you have the option to change the number/selection of tracks between seasons? I'm finding it difficult to really get into a full season so planning on starting a shorter one without some of the circuits I don't like so much to get things moving, but it'd be a shame to take them out of circulation forever.

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

If either of you have got that far, do you know if you have the option to change the number/selection of tracks between seasons? I'm finding it difficult to really get into a full season so planning on starting a shorter one without some of the circuits I don't like so much to get things moving, but it'd be a shame to take them out of circulation forever.

Yeah, you can change the number of races between seasons.

I'm in my third season and it went like this 16-10-16. I certainly won't do a full season as there are too many Tilke crap I just don't like. You can't change the order of the races though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, That_Dude said:

Yeah, you can change the number of races between seasons.

I'm in my third season and it went like this 16-10-16. I certainly won't do a full season as there are too many Tilke crap I just don't like. You can't change the order of the races though.

Great stuff, cheers mate. Think I'll probably go 16 - Australia, Monaco and USA can all get binned but not sure which others. Sticking to driver career for now as I'm yet to come up with a My Team livery that doesn't end up turning my stomach after about five minutes.

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

Great stuff, cheers mate. Think I'll probably go 16 - Australia, Monaco and USA can all get binned but not sure which others. Sticking to driver career for now as I'm yet to come up with a My Team livery that doesn't end up turning my stomach after about five minutes.

No biggie! If you're on PC, there are already tons of livery mods that will most certainly satisfy your tastes. 

I'll put the link here, just in case...

https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/f1-2020-mods.602/

27 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

No biggie! If you're on PC, there are already tons of livery mods that will most certainly satisfy your tastes. 

I'll put the link here, just in case...

https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/f1-2020-mods.602/

PS4 sadly but I am half tempted to see if I can pick it up on the cheap on PC at some point purely for the mods, so thanks again for the link. Some lovely modded liveries knocking about on Reddit so I guess that's where they've come from.

16 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Sacrelidge I love USA. 

Now I think about it it's only the Maggots and Becketts copy early in the lap I don't really like, I'm crap at those kinds of fast combination corners. I've put much less time in on it than most others, probably because it's quite far back in the order, so I'm sure I could teach myself to enjoy it if I hammered away in time trial for a bit. 

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

PS4 sadly but I am half tempted to see if I can pick it up on the cheap on PC at some point purely for the mods, so thanks again for the link. Some lovely modded liveries knocking about on Reddit so I guess that's where they've come from.

Now I think about it it's only the Maggots and Becketts copy early in the lap I don't really like, I'm crap at those kinds of fast combination corners. I've put much less time in on it than most others, probably because it's quite far back in the order, so I'm sure I could teach myself to enjoy it if I hammered away in time trial for a bit. 

If your PC is decent, go for it. Mine is quite old now (i7 4790K with a GTX 1080) but I still won't go under 70 fps in ultra settings at 1200p. The modding community is very active and the game is modding friendly.

Got the Schumacher Edition in June for ca. £30,00 on the cdkeys online-shop.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Can't go wrong with a G29. Solid built and enough buttons on it to not use anything else.

Yeah the third third sector is definitely my weakest, but I think that the horrible red / blue stripes are the real cause of my intense dislike. Suzuka is phenomenal, I'm not the quickest, overtaking is really there but I have so much fun driving it. It took me a while to learn the first sector, especially where to brake at Turn 1. One of the few races where I go at least 50%.

I always do mind on 50, then occasionally the 100 for a title decider. Think with 25 you dont quite get the same level of strategy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I always do mind on 50, then occasionally the 100 for a title decider. Think with 25 you dont quite get the same level of strategy.

That's absolutely true.

I'd love to do 50% or even 100%, but I just don't have the time and I'm not fan of saving mid-race then resume the next day. Unless I skip all practice sessions (which I still need).

3 hours ago, That_Dude said:

That's absolutely true.

I'd love to do 50% or even 100%, but I just don't have the time and I'm not fan of saving mid-race then resume the next day. Unless I skip all practice sessions (which I still need).

Yeah I get what you mean, when I was furloughed I was smashing it lol but being back at work I usually have to do the practise (I do one or two sessions then sim anyway) do qualiy then the race the next day.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah I get what you mean, when I was furloughed I was smashing it lol but being back at work I usually have to do the practise (I do one or two sessions then sim anyway) do qualiy then the race the next day.

Got furloughed too. My boss called me back 3 days before the game came out, lol. That's what I going to try tomorrow.

Switched to cockpit view. Customized the camera, so the halo doesn't reduce too much the FOV. Will post a pic this weekend.

Edited by That_Dude

Arrived today, created Jordan GP as my team, bumblebee yellow:wub:

I like how you can easily change ai difficulty now, rather than only inbetween menus while the game was loading like on previous f1s. I like to have an easier practice so I can get some R&D points, then crank up the difficulty for Quali and Race to make it more realistic.

On 31/07/2020 at 18:51, Leicester_Loyal said:

Arrived today, created Jordan GP as my team, bumblebee yellow:wub:

I like how you can easily change ai difficulty now, rather than only inbetween menus while the game was loading like on previous f1s. I like to have an easier practice so I can get some R&D points, then crank up the difficulty for Quali and Race to make it more realistic.

Regarding the changing of the difficulty, there seems to be some glitch where it doesn't change until the session after.

EDIT: I think it's to do with the session loading prior to making the difficulty change, as it loads pretty quick.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Can anyone recommend a wheel and pedals set up that isn’t going to break the bank? Are there big differences between brands that reflect the difference in price?

I will be using it on Xbox, if that makes a difference 

48 minutes ago, stix said:

Can anyone recommend a wheel and pedals set up that isn’t going to break the bank? Are there big differences between brands that reflect the difference in price?

I will be using it on Xbox, if that makes a difference 

Lockdown has really screwed tech prices right now. My furlough suffering ass has just ordered a g29 and a Arctis Pro headset. My missus is gonna kill me. lol

Think the g920 is the xbox equivalent of the g29 and it's currently running at £200 for a refurbished one on ebay. Finding a decent setup right now for a decent price is painful as hell. Best bet is to run on reddit and ask for suggestions based on your price range. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Lockdown has really screwed tech prices right now. My furlough suffering ass has just ordered a g29 and a Arctis Pro headset. My missus is gonna kill me. lol

Think the g920 is the xbox equivalent of the g29 and it's currently running at £200 for a refurbished one on ebay. Finding a decent setup right now for a decent price is painful as hell. Best bet is to run on reddit and ask for suggestions based on your price range. 

Yeah I did just look at the G920. Ive got a ps4 upstairs but just set up my Xbox one x in the living room, just more practical to get a wheel for downstairs. Thanks mate. 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Do you have a stand already? Or are you setting it up on a desk?