Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

F1 2020

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Waiting until it arries before I decide on a stand or not. Seen some between £40-50 on ebay that look good enough, but hoping I can get away with having it on my computer desk.

Ah ok. You’ve spent some dough on that set up!! I’ve got some TB elite 800’s for the PS4. I’m not impressed at all with them. Cutting out randomly, occasionally crackly. Ended up getting some TB stealth 520’s off ebay. So much better! You’ll have to keep me posted on which setup you end up going for. 

2 minutes ago, stix said:

Ah ok. You’ve spent some dough on that set up!! I’ve got some TB elite 800’s for the PS4. I’m not impressed at all with them. Cutting out randomly, occasionally crackly. Ended up getting some TB stealth 520’s off ebay. So much better! You’ll have to keep me posted on which setup you end up going for. 

Yeah I have, first wheel I've ever bought so god knows if I'll just end up selling it on. But being stuck inside for weeks makes people do silly things, and all holidays this year are cancelled so I'm classing the spaffing of this money as my holiday funds. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Yeah I have, first wheel I've ever bought so god knows if I'll just end up selling it on. But being stuck inside for weeks makes people do silly things, and all holidays this year are cancelled so I'm classing the spaffing of this money as my holiday funds. :D

This will be my first wheel setup since the Microsoft Xbox 360 wheel! Which was from memory, at most 150mm dia!!! 

After the disappointment of our holiday being cancelled this year, I decided to get our girls a laptop with some of the money. 

So it only seems fair that I treat myself as well!! We won’t mention the 65” tele that arrived on Friday though! That doesn’t count, that’s for everyone to enjoy!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stix said:

This will be my first wheel setup since the Microsoft Xbox 360 wheel! Which was from memory, at most 150mm dia!!! 

After the disappointment of our holiday being cancelled this year, I decided to get our girls a laptop with some of the money. 

So it only seems fair that I treat myself as well!! We won’t mention the 65” tele that arrived on Friday though! That doesn’t count, that’s for everyone to enjoy!!!

Lucky bugger. I don't have the advantage of having kids and getting to pass my toys off as family items. lol

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Lucky bugger. I don't have the advantage of having kids and getting to pass my toys off as family items. lol

Mate, for 99% of the time, having kids is NOT an advantage!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Lockdown has really screwed tech prices right now. My furlough suffering ass has just ordered a g29 and a Arctis Pro headset. My missus is gonna kill me. lol

Think the g920 is the xbox equivalent of the g29 and it's currently running at £200 for a refurbished one on ebay. Finding a decent setup right now for a decent price is painful as hell. Best bet is to run on reddit and ask for suggestions based on your price range. 

Just been into Currys to have a look. The Arctis Pro does look a decent headset. G29/920 are in there for £215 at the minute. Was sorely tempted. Still might nip back in a bit! Found a stand from Argos for under £100 which I can collect right away as well. 

41 minutes ago, stix said:

Just been into Currys to have a look. The Arctis Pro does look a decent headset. G29/920 are in there for £215 at the minute. Was sorely tempted. Still might nip back in a bit! Found a stand from Argos for under £100 which I can collect right away as well. 

Mind posting a link to the stand? Might take a look myself :D

Right, anyone playing using a wheel on console? I’ve rigged it all up, and I can navigate the dashboard using the wheel, but when I load F1 2020 up, it doesn’t work. I initially started the console up using the pad. Would that make a difference? 

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, stix said:

Right, anyone playing using a wheel on console? I’ve rigged it all up, and I can navigate the dashboard using the wheel, but when I load F1 2020 up, it doesn’t work. I initially started the console up using the pad. Would that make a difference? 

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks. 

Try this maybe. The g920 is definitely compatable with f1 2020. :huh:

Sounds like you need to be an octopus to pull it off mind. Wtf.

a95b7d28efa2db3df983d2cf56e44b2c.png

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Try this maybe. The g920 is definitely compatable with f1 2020. :huh:

Sounds like you need to be an octopus to pull it off mind. Wtf.

a95b7d28efa2db3df983d2cf56e44b2c.png

Thanks for that. It seemed to sort itself out today. 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Couldnt recommend the G29 enough but I've heard the xbox version isnt as good

I think there’s a couple of extra buttons on the G29 and an led shift changer but as far as I understand it they’re the same underneath. 

On 04/08/2020 at 11:51, The Horse's Mouth said:

Couldnt recommend the G29 enough but I've heard the xbox version isnt as good

This is exactly the sort of recommendations I was looking for. 

How is the force feedback on it?

7 hours ago, pilki42 said:

This is exactly the sort of recommendations I was looking for. 

How is the force feedback on it?

The force feedback is great,I honestly have had no complaints especially on the price. You'll struggle to get as much of a bang for your buck when getting sim equipment. Managed to pick up a mod for it so I've got an f1 wheel on it now.

On 02/08/2020 at 22:03, Innovindil said:

Waiting until it arries before I decide on a stand or not. Seen some between £40-50 on ebay that look good enough, but hoping I can get away with having it on my computer desk.

Can't really recommend a stand. At some point either the stand or your chair will slide and you'll find yourself constantly adjusting position. If place is a problem, go for a Playseat Challenge. It's a foldable racing chair, stable, very robust and designed with the Logitech Wheels in mind. It costs about £155,00 £219  which is not that expensive. 

I speak as an owner (got my Fanatec CSL and my LC Pedals on it) and it is one of the best buys I've ever made.

Edited by That_Dude

Just did a 50% league race around Monaco on a pad, hands are dead. Started 3rd finished 3rd, however predictably my TV turned itself off and on again (had it 10 months and never seen it do that ever) just after T1, figured I had a powercut but then my pad started vibrating so i'd just hit the wall. Cost me 2nd with a stop to repair damage. Other than that I had no penalties (only 2 corner cutting warnings) and didn't hit the wall once (of my own doing) so pretty chuffed really

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Just did a 50% league race around Monaco on a pad, hands are dead. Started 3rd finished 3rd, however predictably my TV turned itself off and on again (had it 10 months and never seen it do that ever) just after T1, figured I had a powercut but then my pad started vibrating so i'd just hit the wall. Cost me 2nd with a stop to repair damage. Other than that I had no penalties (only 2 corner cutting warnings) and didn't hit the wall once (of my own doing) so pretty chuffed really

I've only just started playing F1 2019. I simulate Monaco every time now lol can't get to grips with it!

9 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Godknows what they've done but it just doesn't seem as hard as it used to be. Almost as though they've widened the track

They've done that with a lot I think, remember listening to an interview where they said they 4d modelled or something, so even tracks that have been on the game for years they've tweaked to make more realistic