Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

F1 2020

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just picked it up, really looking forward to playing the create a team mode!

That genuinely looks fantastic. I have 2016 I still play every now and then if I fancy it, but that mode has me really tempted. 

The MyTeam mode is amazing, the depth of it and some of the customisation options are brilliant. Haven't tried online yet but I'm hoping they've changed the penalty system slightly. F1 2019 was a great game and I think this is even better with it's additions. 

• Like 1

OK this is going to seem glaringly obvious when I get the answer but how do you accept the change of strategy during a race? I press R1 to open up the menu and I thought it was circle to accept it, which it wasn't. The only thing that works is pressing right on the D-Pad which is the 'Keep Current' option. 

6 hours ago, Danizen said:

OK this is going to seem glaringly obvious when I get the answer but how do you accept the change of strategy during a race? I press R1 to open up the menu and I thought it was circle to accept it, which it wasn't. The only thing that works is pressing right on the D-Pad which is the 'Keep Current' option. 

Ive only been on the new one for about an hour but on the previous 3 games you needed to scroll down to the new strategy on the d-pad and then press right 

11 hours ago, Danizen said:

I'm not sure it's working properly at the moment, I've been offered a change of strategy a few times without it working once. I get the choice of sticking to my current strategy or changing to one without any stops, and choosing the latter just sticks to the current one anyway. 

29 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'm not sure it's working properly at the moment, I've been offered a change of strategy a few times without it working once. I get the choice of sticking to my current strategy or changing to one without any stops, and choosing the latter just sticks to the current one anyway. 

Yeah, this is what I mean. I'm playing My Team. Last night I was doing the Chinese GP in torrential rain. It clears up, the track dries and everyone shoots in for inters. I'm stuck on wets getting frustrated so I quit.

4 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Yeah, this is what I mean. I'm playing My Team. Last night I was doing the Chinese GP in torrential rain. It clears up, the track dries and everyone shoots in for inters. I'm stuck on wets getting frustrated so I quit.

You can manually change to a different compound through the radio, it's on the second page of radio commands - a bit fiddly scrolling through them all while driving, mind, unless you're using a headset in which case you can just tell them to do it. 

So in your rainy China scenario, you would:

1. Select/speak the "set intermediate tyres" command so that when you next pit, you'll change to them. Your engineer responds telling you they've confirmed the change (or not, if you don't have a set available for whatever reason) and it'll also be reflected on the MFD pitstop info page.

2. Select "box this lap" to pit at the end of the current lap (not sure if you actually have to do this or if you can just drive in unannounced, but I do it out of habit just in case).

• Like 1

Just finished 6th on Zandvoort. What a circuit! The race absolutely flew by. I vaguely remember playing this circuit on Race:Pro for the Xbox 360 about 10 years ago (god I feel old). I remember enjoying it then and wondering why it wasn't on the F1 calendar. 

Glad that's been fixed.

• Like 1

If anyone is interested in the car setups for each track then there’s a guy on YouTube who’s been doing them for the last few years. Gives you a real good starting point at least, TRL Limitless. He was part of the Renault F1 esports team either last year or the year before. Seems to really be able to get the most out of the car. 

• Like 1

On 13/07/2020 at 11:38, Guest said:

You can manually change to a different compound through the radio, it's on the second page of radio commands - a bit fiddly scrolling through them all while driving, mind, unless you're using a headset in which case you can just tell them to do it. 

So in your rainy China scenario, you would:

1. Select/speak the "set intermediate tyres" command so that when you next pit, you'll change to them. Your engineer responds telling you they've confirmed the change (or not, if you don't have a set available for whatever reason) and it'll also be reflected on the MFD pitstop info page.

2. Select "box this lap" to pit at the end of the current lap (not sure if you actually have to do this or if you can just drive in unannounced, but I do it out of habit just in case).

Just a reminder not to do this on xbox. The voice commands do not work unless you have Kinect. Rubbish. Quite a few glitches so far but Codemasters are aware of them and they will be patched soon. Including the strategy change where no changes are available 👍🏻

I've enjoyed what I've played so far but technically it really is a mess. I can see myself really getting into My Team but it's bugged out the arse, can barely go a session without it hanging or giving me a loading screen.

Had an especially galling one in the online league I play with a mate. Put in an absolutely heroic shift in unpredictable conditions at Brazil, boldly onto the softs late on as it was drying to snatch the fastest lap and sneak tenth. Got to the end and the results saving failed so now we're back at qualifying. To quote Tim Sherwood, I ain't never felt this bad, ever.

On 16/07/2020 at 06:31, stix said:

If anyone is interested in the car setups for each track then there’s a guy on YouTube who’s been doing them for the last few years. Gives you a real good starting point at least, TRL Limitless. He was part of the Renault F1 esports team either last year or the year before. Seems to really be able to get the most out of the car. 

There's an app you can download, 'f1 car setup'. Basically a list of users different setups they use at every track from 2018 onwards. Really handy to use. If you don't like one setup, just look through others and pick one that suits you

• Like 1

On 10/07/2020 at 17:01, lildave3 said:

That genuinely looks fantastic. I have 2016 I still play every now and then if I fancy it, but that mode has me really tempted. 

Go for it. My Team mode is absolutely fantastic, the handling is top notch (especially if you have a wheel) and the AI is more than decent. Best F1 game to date.

Beware the bugs though, some are game breaking. A patch is coming this week.

Edited by That_Dude

1 hour ago, stix said:

It would be great if those kinds of mods were transferable on to console. 

1 hour ago, SilebyFox88 said:

How did you get the real sponsors on? Is it a mod for PC or something? 

Yeah it's a mod for PC and the guy just added suit, gloves and helmet (can't use them online though). Hopefully he'll do the pit crew too.

With My Team, modders are running havoc and there are already quite a few custom liveries and more is coming (the Bentley one's jaw dropping). Realistic billboards mods add to the realism. This kind of game truly shines on PC with a very active community and it definitely sucks that console players don't have access to mods.

Below a better view of the car and the Mercedes with black livery (had to reduce the upload quality because Foxestalk). 

Porsche 2.jpg

• Like 1