Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blentz40

Puzzle App by a Leicester fan

It's really slick, in fact much slicker looking than the games that pop in the adverts between rounds! Did you make it all yourself? I'd love to develop an app 

My only criticism is that up to level 25, a few of the levels feel like they repeat themselves but other than it's decent. The visuals and sound work really well together

• Like 1

Agree with the above comments. Looks slick, simple to play etc... 

Perhaps the first 25 levels are too similar though, as in too easy. My son, who is 14, glanced over to see what I was playing and said it looked boring (although he's probably not your target audience).

The game gets much better from level 26 onwards but I'm the type of person who downloads quite a lot of games, I'll play for 10 mins or so and if it doesn't hook me I just delete it and download something else. 

10 or so of the simple levels would probably be enough before you introduced more blocks or another aspect to the puzzles. 

Loved the fact that there were no ads until level 30.

The animations and sounds are pretty spot on and overall it looks really well polished. I'd imagine that this isn't your first app, what other ones have you made? 

3 hours ago, Wakeyfox said:

Agree with the above comments. Looks slick, simple to play etc... 

Perhaps the first 25 levels are too similar though, as in too easy. My son, who is 14, glanced over to see what I was playing and said it looked boring (although he's probably not your target audience).

The game gets much better from level 26 onwards but I'm the type of person who downloads quite a lot of games, I'll play for 10 mins or so and if it doesn't hook me I just delete it and download something else. 

10 or so of the simple levels would probably be enough before you introduced more blocks or another aspect to the puzzles. 

Loved the fact that there were no ads until level 30.

The animations and sounds are pretty spot on and overall it looks really well polished. I'd imagine that this isn't your first app, what other ones have you made? 

It’s my first app but second attempt I’m hoping to make it into a board game as that’s how it all started 

15 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's really slick, in fact much slicker looking than the games that pop in the adverts between rounds! Did you make it all yourself? I'd love to develop an app 

My only criticism is that up to level 25, a few of the levels feel like they repeat themselves but other than it's decent. The visuals and sound work really well together

Thanks for the comments were looking to change things and give players an opportunity to start in any of the 4 worlds that way we can cater for all abilities

On 27/08/2020 at 18:11, blentz40 said:

Fellow foxes,

If anyone likes puzzles i've released a FREE app called Stymied 

There's 200 levels...it caters for all ages and starts off really easy with only 4 shapes then gets progressively harder...every 25 levels 2 new shapes are added up to a maximum of 18

if you like it please share it and hopefully it can start to take off...reviews on the relative playstore would be greatly appreciated

My aim is to create an entire selection of educational products for kids and this is just the start

Happy puzzling!!!

Apple

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1513792605?fbclid=IwAR0vvmrlmz7z7rqk9dsr5EurhakeHVs8KZcKKC75HENabvuwIzXCazL28GY

Google

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stymied&hl=en_US&fbclid=IwAR1dy7qwS2aD0qMNma2tlyf88QKUItjHnnFn8Tz_mVSHEd4CdVlu3Mjlbio

STYMIED PUZZLE SCREEN.png

Stymied_Marketing_Screen_3.png

4.PNG

6.PNG

Great work! Especially the Leicester angle 😆 

If I look on other forums am I going to find “Hello fellow ‘gooners/sheepshaggers/toons/Blades” messages?

If not, you perhaps should!

I take it all back and note you’ve been a silent member since 2014!!!!

It was all building to this moment!

😉

Edited by Nick

Just now, Nick said:

Great work! Especially the Leicester angle 😆 

If I look on other forums am I going to find “Hello fellow ‘gooners/sheep-shaggers/toons/Blades” messages?

😉

Thanks you can look but you won’t find...been a Leicester fan for over 30 years I haven’t done any marketing and thought I’d post it in the forum for some feedback...and I’m glad I did.

Just now, blentz40 said:

Thanks you can look but you won’t find...been a Leicester fan for over 30 years I haven’t done any marketing and thought I’d post it in the forum for some feedback...and I’m glad I did.

I’m serious (I edited my post whilst you were writing this) you should get it on a few more forums it’s good exposure!

I think following lockdown, people are more supportive and in admiration of new ventures and prepared to give their time and support...

Best of luck with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I’m serious (I edited my post whilst you were writing this) you should get it on a few more forums it’s good exposure!

I think following lockdown, people are more supportive and in admiration of new ventures and prepared to give their time and support...

Best of luck with it.

Thanks I’ll look at that

3 hours ago, blentz40 said:

Surely it'd be worth knocking up a couple of short adverts for Facebook/Instagram? I'm not a big mobile gamer but see adverts for free apps (with in-app purchases) all over the place that obviously generate a fair bit of cash, and this is a decent game. Plus you won't have to be deceptive in the marketing like a lot of these games where they don't actually feature any gameplay. Anyway best of luck, hope it catches on

34 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Surely it'd be worth knocking up a couple of short adverts for Facebook/Instagram? I'm not a big mobile gamer but see adverts for free apps (with in-app purchases) all over the place that obviously generate a fair bit of cash, and this is a decent game. Plus you won't have to be deceptive in the marketing like a lot of these games where they don't actually feature any gameplay. Anyway best of luck, hope it catches on

Thanks I will look into creating adverts it can only help in making it catch on