Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Blackburn Rovers pre-season match thread

Don't get all the negativity about our prospects - we've got 3 players from the world's no.1 international side, last season's golden booter, excellent players like Madders, Ricky, Wilf, Cags to come back and decent options all round. 

Sure we could do with some reinforcement,  but let's face it,  who couldn't? 

I for one am well excited by the new season. Just think we need to play with a little less conservatism and we'll be fine.

10 hours ago, hejammy said:

So missed this today? Overall whats the summary? Any prospects we think may start this season? How was Vards? 

He played a different role, one of standing back and taking a "show me what you other fcukers can do in front of goal"...

57 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Don't get all the negativity about our prospects - we've got 3 players from the world's no.1 international side, last season's golden booter, excellent players like Madders, Ricky, Wilf, Cags to come back and decent options all round. 

I for one am well excited by the new season. Just think we need to play with a little less conservatism and we'll be fine.

It's the manager now- the team (maybe not the overall squad) is there to play attacking, exciting football.

Rodgers needs to remove the shackles and take risks.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

It's the manager now- the team (maybe not the overall squad) is there to play attacking, exciting football.

Rodgers needs to remove the shackles and take risks.

I agree - just think he needs to trust his players more, to stop overthinking and covering his arse. 

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

Based on what please?

The implosion in the second-half of last season? The lack of any (significant) reinforcement? The fact that the Europa League will put extra demands on basically the same squad that imploded? I would like to join those grasping at optimistic straws, but without additional qualitative infusion into the squad, I’ll skip the Kool-Aid.

Edited by NaijaFox

10 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Based on what please?

The implosion in the second-half of last season? The lack of any (significant) reinforcement? The fact that the Europa League will put extra demands on basically the same squad that imploded? I would like to join those grasping at optimistic straws, but without additional qualitative infusion into the squad, I’ll skip the Kool-Aid.

Based on mindless optimism and a refusal to take life seriously I suppose.  

Even the inevitable disappointments don't seem to bother me. God knows why - but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I thoroughly recommend it! 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

I really think we will be in a relegation battle this season, I honestly think we are gonna start how we left off, (hope I’m wrong)

I consider myself naturally optimistic and would hate to agree with you, but tbh without quality addition(s) to the squad we have as of today I would not be surprised to see us in and/or around the relegation places by the first international break. However,  I think that we will subsequently pick up some as the season progresses, depending on how we handle the extra load of the Europa League. 

Come on yer Foxes! :scarf:

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1