Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Lloyd Dyer Retired

9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Think I've posted this before but there was one interview he did in 2011 when he was being linked with Wednesday that wa bloody top tier:

"I am aware I have been linked with other clubs but, as far as I am concerned, I am a Leicester player and I love it here.

I don't want to go anywhere. This is my club. I can't see why I would go anywhere else. I love this club and everyone in my family loves this club. My young son loves this club. Everyone at the club is good to me and the fans are great to me. I don't want to go anywhere.

This will probably sound a bit weird but last season was probably the first time I have played for a club and felt really proud to play for a club. I love to play for this club, I love it. I am proper proud to play for Leicester."

love lloyd, why didn't he just sign with us in the prem for one year, feel like as a club we probably owed him a 2-year contract though

• Like 2

4 hours ago, eblair said:

love lloyd, why didn't he just sign with us in the prem for one year, feel like as a club we probably owed him a 2-year contract though

WIth some of the deals we've handed to players in the past 5 or so years it was criminal not to give him the 2. He would have had a good impact in the Premier League I reckon.

• Like 1

Wonder if we offered him a pay rise in the one year deal or a pay cut?

If he wanted the financial security, then would a years premier league wages be a lot less than whatever watford gave him over 2 years?

He should have backed himself to play and impress in the top flight and surely we'd have extended his contract again.

I remember one of the games that Mr Dyer played for us in League 1. It was a beautiful performance, tore it up down the left wing all game. His pace and direct running was a joy to watch. One of my favourite players.

Pretty sure he was a genuine beast,  didn't stringer or someone say he used to bench press 120kg or something like that??? I'm probably wrong but swear that happened.

Enjoy the retirement 😥