Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Lloyd Dyer Retired

Was a massive part of the squad that put us back where we are now. 

Got nothing but love for Lloyd and he will always be in the hearts of the fans that followed the side during the day's. 

The Bolton home game, I think he scored our 4th,i think that was one of the loudest goal celebrations I'd heard at the KP. 

41 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Where has this been confirmed?

I can't find a news article for it but it flashed up on Sky Sports News earlier in their League One News section.

To be fair, Sky are a pretty shit source these days so it could mean he's playing on for another few years.

• Like 1

A joy to watch in a blue shirt. Absolutely rapid, terrorising championship full backs for the two or three seasons leading to promotion. Squaring up to Patrick Vieira at the Etihad in the cup replay sticks in the mind as well 🤣. You were great to watch Lloyd, happy retirement 🦊

2FA308D0-3C69-4D51-9FE3-184318C1EE95.jpeg

03516EBE-CD90-448B-AFCC-217939D86DC4.jpeg

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Think I've posted this before but there was one interview he did in 2011 when he was being linked with Wednesday that wa bloody top tier:

"I am aware I have been linked with other clubs but, as far as I am concerned, I am a Leicester player and I love it here.

I don't want to go anywhere. This is my club. I can't see why I would go anywhere else. I love this club and everyone in my family loves this club. My young son loves this club. Everyone at the club is good to me and the fans are great to me. I don't want to go anywhere.

This will probably sound a bit weird but last season was probably the first time I have played for a club and felt really proud to play for a club. I love to play for this club, I love it. I am proper proud to play for Leicester."

What a guy!

49 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Think I've posted this before but there was one interview he did in 2011 when he was being linked with Wednesday that wa bloody top tier:

"I am aware I have been linked with other clubs but, as far as I am concerned, I am a Leicester player and I love it here.

I don't want to go anywhere. This is my club. I can't see why I would go anywhere else. I love this club and everyone in my family loves this club. My young son loves this club. Everyone at the club is good to me and the fans are great to me. I don't want to go anywhere.

This will probably sound a bit weird but last season was probably the first time I have played for a club and felt really proud to play for a club. I love to play for this club, I love it. I am proper proud to play for Leicester."

:wub:

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I remember that.

I think he also said something along the lines of he grew up supporting West Brom but he lost the passion for them as he got older and Leicester were his club now not his boyhood team.

There was an interview as well with him Nugent when Derby played Burton Albion a couple if years ago. Both said categorily that playing for Leicester was the best time of their careers and they still follow of us talk to some of the old players still (I know Nugent and Vardy were always best mates here).

• Like 1

Few years back went to Edgbaston to watch England v India. Cooke scored 294. Big group of us from all over the UK.

The Saturday night we went into Brum for an Indian, not late.

City played Reading and lost 2-0 at home. Shocker, but old Lloyd handled me and a couple of my City mates briefly fawning over him (unexpectedly) like a gent. He was great, very polite, as were we and the rest of the group were chuffed.  A few hand shakes, quick conversation etc, left him alone in quick time.

Poor bloke thought he could safely hide that night in Brum, but no, some Foxes Fans were still there to say hello....  

Happy retirement from football Lloyd :worship:

• Like 2

Congratulations Lloyd! An excellent professional career and a cult hero at this football club! Part of one of my favourite Leicester City teams of all time!

I'm sure the Foxes faithful will be sure to give him a fantastic reception whenever he can come down to see us again :scarf: