Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Lloyd Dyer Retired

He would have torn it up in that 2014-15 season. He was on the top of his game, had finally added end product and crossing to go with his pace at the time. Absolutely ready for the Prem at the time. Still one of my biggest regrets as a fan in recent years, so can only imagine how he feels. :(

Always be a cult hero for us. He was MASSIVE in the promotion season.

All the best M'Lord. :scarf:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 4

Loved that goal at Bolton that clinched the title, absolute legend for us and such a shame he wasn't given a longer contract and stayed with us in the Prem for at least a season.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2

A major player in two title wins for us. Always and I mean ALWAYS gave his best. After many years of watching crap Lloyd was the first after a long time who came in and got me off my seat as soon as he picked the ball up on the halfway line. 

Bolton goal probably the most significant. However, his goal against reading under Sousa was great. 

Hope he comes to club in some ambassador capacity. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Burton away was good last season, singing his name.

Such a shame he never signed a new contract when we got promoted.

Never understood that. Perhaps told by Nige that he wouldn't play much in the PL but even so you'd have thought he would've given it a shot. Shame after the effort he put in getting us there. 

Remember him fondly for taking a short corner right in front of us at Ashton Gate straight to a red shirted full-back lol

Unforgettable. Good luck, Lloyd. 

34 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

He would have torn it up in that 2014-15 season. He was on the top of his game, had finally added end product and crossing to go with his pace at the time. Absolutely ready for the Prem at the time. Still one of my biggest regrets as a fan in recent years, so can only imagine how he feels. :(

Always be a cult hero for us. He was MASSIVE in the promotion season.

All the best M'Lord. :scarf:

Exactly this. Yes he was 30/31 but he's just improved year on year and would have been an asset in the Prem.

• Like 1

Nooooooo! My favourite player of that era. Best of luck Lloyd! I'll never forget the time at West Brom away when Fez nearly ran him over. He looked like he would've murdered him on the spot if he'd have got his hands on him. Lloyd, not Fez. 

7 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Yes - loved Lloyd.

OK - he didn’t have the greatest ability, but was very, very, quick. He’d also have the occasional game when he was virtually unplayable. I seem to recall a home game against Ipswich when we won about 6-0 and he was just brilliant! 

The first game we took my nephew to. Not a bad way to get him hooked.