Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mullet1

Section from Matt piper Autobiography

Really enjoyed his under the cosh podcast with Chris brown, Jon Parkin as hosts. Think it was released in April time. Comes across as a really genuine guy. 

On a side note it’s a really good podcast

There’s a few ex (brief) lcfc players that have done episodes, Andy Johnson Geoff Horsfield etc. Iain Humes was a very decent watch.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Really enjoyed his under the cosh podcast with Chris brown, Jon Parkin as hosts. Think it was released in April time. Comes across as a really genuine guy. 

On a side note it’s a really good podcast

There’s a few ex (brief) lcfc players that have done episodes, Andy Johnson Geoff Horsfield etc. Iain Humes was a very decent watch.

Alan Rogers is worth a listen too. First time I’ve heard anyone who was there say what happened with the Wise-Davidson incident.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Alan Rogers is worth a listen too. First time I’ve heard anyone who was there say what happened with the Wise-Davidson incident.

Did he comment on his personal feelings about his time at Leicester?

Sure I read a few years ago that he was tweeting about his hatred of City but that could have been fake I guess?

Just now, Rain King said:

Did he comment on his personal feelings about his time at Leicester?

Sure I read a few years ago that he was tweeting about his hatred of City but that could have been fake I guess?

He was. It was before we played Forest in The Championship - remember it as I gave him some stick back and he blocked me.

He talks mostly about his Forest career but he says some good things about the characters at LCFC at the time (says how good Izzet was, talks about the likes of Taggart and Elliott being the ‘old school’ and was appreciative of Adams & Bassett) and It actually starts with the Wise story early on so you don’t have to stick with it if you just want that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The_77 said:

A few of us who are friends and scattered around the States had been doing a weekly zoom happy hour when lockdown started in various parts of the country. It was originally supposed to just be a way for us to “hang out” and catch up with each other since we figured it’d be a long while until we could get together in person. 

I got Fuchs to surprise the fellas and join us for the first one and and then one thing led to another and we had a special guest every week: Steve Earle, Taggart, Rob Tanner, Joe Waters all joined. 

The last time we did it, Piper joined the zoom. He stayed on with us for three hours— what a storyteller he is. One minute we were busting each others’ balls, the next we were getting into some serious topics, and the next we were laughing our asses off. He was honestly so great with everyone that we never did another one of those zoom calls after that evening, there was just no way to top it. Seriously, the guy was so good that getting the guys together without him would be a letdown. 😂 

Sure, lots of folks have opinions on him based on his radio persona but if his stories are written as well as he tells them, this book will be a great read. Also, if you get the chance, listen to his two-part interview with Undr the Cosh. Phenomenal. 

Sincerely,

Someone who is neither Matt Piper nor his agent, I swear

Great story Pipes.

I’ve met him as well, very decent bloke.

• Haha 1