Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

AEK Athens (A)

Provided we get there, I think it's worth waiting for the knockout rounds.

The round of 32 is on 18th and 25th February, and the last 16 takes place between 11th and 18th March. 

Hopefully we'll be able to travel to at least some countries in Europe by then.

2 hours ago, W88DY said:

Why would you travel to Greece anyway to do what? Sit in a pub and watch the game on the box or am i missing the point and some fans will be aloud in the stadium ..

There's no news of fans being allowed in the stadium.

For me, it was just the opportunity of ticking off a new place to visit and the hope of a fair few other fans also being there and having some form of 'unofficial' fan zone where we can all create an atmosphere and have a drink.

Ultimately,  I realised I was being very naive, and the chances were that there would be very few actually making the journey,  and certainly not enough for any fan zone.

Furthermore,  I realised I was being a bit selfish to my family and it wasn't worth me putting myself,  and Ultimately them, at risk by travelling abroad and using airports.

I think, ultimately, I was clinging on to hope that it would resemble the Champions League away experience when deep down, it was never going to under the current climate.

• Like 4

Just now, adejo92 said:

For me, it was just the opportunity of ticking off a new place to visit and the hope of a fair few other fans also being there and having some form of 'unofficial' fan zone where we can all create an atmosphere and have a drink.

Ultimately,  I realised I was being very naive, and the chances were, there would be very few actually making the journey,  and certainly not enough for any fan zone.

Furthermore,  I realised I was being a bit selfish to my family and it wasn't worth me putting myself,  and Ultimately them, at risk by travelling abroad and using airports.

I think, ultimately, I was clinging on to hope that it would resemble the Champions League away experience when deep down, it was never going to under the current climate.

10 hours ago, W88DY said:

Why would you travel to Greece anyway to do what? Sit in a pub and watch the game on the box or am i missing the point and some fans will be aloud in the stadium ..

Because they want to? Holiday with your mates, bit of warmer weather, chance to enjoy yourself for a few nights as we haven't exactly had a great year.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 16:53, Foxes_Trust said:

With no away fans allowed in the grounds, why would anyone still travel, is anyone on here seriously considering it ?

So far based on the posts to dat only ones thinking about it have either changed their mind or had their flight cancelled

I admire much of the work the Trust do but is it really their place to be questioning how fellow supporters choose to spend their free time?

24 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

any decent numbers behind this do you think? tempted to get the ferry over from bari in italy for this just to be in and around the city. with the slim chance of sneaking a ticket in the 30% capacity 

Quite a few booked up on flights, plenty will go over, but a few won't bother and already some have been cancelled.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

any decent numbers behind this do you think? tempted to get the ferry over from bari in italy for this just to be in and around the city. with the slim chance of sneaking a ticket in the 30% capacity 

Is their ground even going to be open? I'm not sure Greece have opened their grounds yet.

30 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They are not open. All league games in Greek top flight been behind closed doors. 

They ban away fans when fans are allowed 😂

lol my overly ambitious plan was trying to get into the home end but I don't think I'll bother at all in truth, far more to lose than gain, sadly.

On 12/10/2020 at 02:36, adejo92 said:

Ultimately,  I realised I was being very naive, and the chances were that there would be very few actually making the journey,  and certainly not enough for any fan zone.

I booked flights pretty much on the above and changed my mind on all of the above points. Seems loads of risk for barely any reward.

Got a lucky break when Ryanair cancelled my flight.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 21:35, Dan LCFC said:

Is their ground even going to be open? I'm not sure Greece have opened their grounds yet.

Heavily doubt it. Even if it is it’s going to be home supporters only, so unless you are fluent in Greek there is every chance that ticket you’ve just bought off some random bloke called Stellios for £300 will get taken off you when you don’t have a clue what the bloke searching you at the stadium is saying to you..

• Haha 3