Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

AEK Athens (A)

I haven't seen a dedicated thread hence creation.

Its a shame there's not the same hype around travelling as the Covid Free Champions League adventure but that said, who's going?

Anyone booked yet or thinking of booking? 

Anyone know if many people are going?

Looking at 3 nights myself however there hasn't been the usual steep hike of flight prices like with the Champions League which would say there hasn't been the demand and web traffic there previously has been.

28 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Each to their own I guess, but no idea why anyone would want to travel to any of these away games as things are. 

The restrictions in Greece look very tight. No more than 4 on a table in doors, no gatherings of more than 7 anywhere. Face masks compulsory at all times. I was contemplating it until I saw that and then I binned it. I'm sure people will still have a good time but I reckon there's going to be a lot of fines handed out to our lads lol 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Looking like Greece will be added to the quarantine list this Thursday. Only paid £35 for my flight so won’t be to much out of pocket. Can cancel digs up until the day before.

My initial plan was to book tickets whilst they were cheap enough not to worry about having to cancel - Like you say, £35 is nothing should you have to cancel it.

I thought long and hard, and the rest of my friends are going, however i had a word with my less selfish self and couldn't justify the risks of travel & Quarantine due to having a little one. It's a real shame this year but hopefully Europa will be an annual target for the club now. I don't want to come across as entitled but looking at our squad, not getting into Europa every year would be a major disappointment.

• Like 2

On 05/10/2020 at 13:19, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The restrictions in Greece look very tight. No more than 4 on a table in doors, no gatherings of more than 7 anywhere. Face masks compulsory at all times. I was contemplating it until I saw that and then I binned it. I'm sure people will still have a good time but I reckon there's going to be a lot of fines handed out to our lads lol 

I've just been in Athens. They abide by the rules except face coverings everywhere, people are relatively sensible with that. Its nowhere near as restrictive as it sounds. 

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Every wants to go over, its just only a select few are stupid enough to.

:beer:

Honestly don’t it’ll be shit.

Covid restrictions, can’t go the game, can’t gather in crowds, risk of cancellation, risk of being forced to quarantine either side.

Literally everything fun about a European away day stripped out.

****ing barmy if you ask me.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

On 08/10/2020 at 16:20, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah, I’ve just landed in Greece yesterday, probably 10-20% being tested 

What's the weather like there.....also was it true that 30% of home fans can attend the Europa League match ?

7 hours ago, coolcol said:

What's the weather like there.....also was it true that 30% of home fans can attend the Europa League match ?

Depends where you go mate. I know that Rhodes and Kos are pretty hot still. 26 degrees today, but I think the likes of Corfu cool down at this time of year. 

i think the latter is true, no idea how Leicester fans would bag a ticket, but I bet someone will lol 

With no away fans allowed in the grounds, why would anyone still travel, is anyone on here seriously considering it ?

So far based on the posts to dat only ones thinking about it have either changed their mind or had their flight cancelled

Edited by Foxes_Trust

43 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

With no away fans allowed in the grounds, why would anyone still travel, is anyone on here seriously considering it ?

So far based on the posts to dat only ones thinking about it have either changed their mind or had their flight cancelled

Plenty will still be going.

• Like 1