Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Congerton

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Not way before really it was a few weeks or a month before and from the mans own mouth, he didn't want to sign for a club that at the time didn't have a manager, which is perfectly understandable. 

"Kante didn't want to sign for us" If he didn't want to sign for us he wouldn't have. 

"People can think what they want. Having heard what the manager Claudio Ranieri had to say, I felt as if there was something that I could do there. I visited the facilities, I saw that it was of the highest level. Today everything is going very well. I am happy. Last summer, I was in contact with Marseille. I spoke to the representatives. Today I tell myself that I made the right decision.”

And this was when he joined us! Hes not going to say I wanted to join marsielle is he

30 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Raineau recalled: "Kante did not want to go to Leicester.  He wanted to move to Marseille.

"But they did not offer Caen as much money for him as Leicester, so the club said no to them.

If he didn’t want to come here he wouldn’t have signed, nobody can force him. There is a massive difference between having a preference and not wanting to go somewhere.

30 minutes ago, tylesta said:

And this was when he joined us! Hes not going to say I wanted to join marsielle is he

He doesn’t have to say anything at all. And as I just said, big difference in having Marseille as a preference and not wanting to go somewhere.

These things get twisted. The first interview with any detail long ago he explained why he wasn’t sure about coming here and it was because we had no manager when we first made a bid for him.

3 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I recall he was holding out for Arsenal but when it became evident they didn’t want to risk an unknown quantity he came to us. 

..not heard that rumour before, I know he was reluctant to sign for us but I believed he was adamant that he wanted to stay in france!!!

When that offer disappeared off the table he then signed for us.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Clip between 3:17 and 3:32 sums it up for poor old Harry. It's abysmal, his confidence is just shot to pieces, he'd never have done that here.

Thats kind of sad actually(not really). Looks like he's trying to do it all by himself. Everybody should know that you defend as a group/team. United has to be the record of how much cash you can piss down a hole and still not put together a team that plays in a cohesive style. If I was a manager I'd run from that place.......fast.

Edited by SO1

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Thats kind of sad actually(not really). Looks like he's trying to do it all by himself. Everybody should know that you defend as a group/team. United has to be the record of how much cash you can piss down a hole and still not put together a team that plays in a cohesive style. If I was a manager I'd run from that place.......fast.

Agreed, they are as badly run as we are well run. Long may it continue, screw them.

On 09/11/2020 at 22:37, The whole world smiles said:

1. How do you know the Silva thing was down to him? Seems to me the rule at the time was anything that went right with transfers was Steve walsh/marcia anything that went wrong was his fault. 

2. I do agree with release clauses but the general feeling is Kante wouldn't have signed without one so for me the only thing worse than loosing kante at less than market value would have been never signing him at all! 

3. What slimani cock up? 

No release clause no Kante 

• Like 2