Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

FA charges Nuno Espírito Santo over comments about referee Mason

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/31/fa-charges-nuno-espirito-santo-over-comments-about-referee-mason

 

 

Quote

The FA said in a statement: “It is alleged that comments made by the head coach during a post-match interview constitute improper conduct as they were personally offensive to the match official and/or bring the game into disrepute contrary to FA Rule E3.1.” Nuno has until 5 January to respond to the charge.

 

The only persons bringing the game into disrepute contrary to FA Rule E3.1. is the FA themselves. 

Posted

They're not beyond criticism and Nuno's been appropriately apprehended.

 

I don't recall Mason doing anything wrong in that particular and maybe his criticism was borne out of frustration of his own team's shortcomings. 

 

Referees aren't beyond reproach or criticism but they are scrutinised to the nth degree and everything they do is magnified. I guess they just have to be criticised in the right way and not make it personal like Nuno did :dunno:

Posted
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

They're not beyond criticism and Nuno's been appropriately apprehended.

 

I don't recall Mason doing anything wrong in that particular and maybe his criticism was borne out of frustration of his own team's shortcomings. 

 

Referees aren't beyond reproach or criticism but they are scrutinised to the nth degree and everything they do is magnified. I guess they just have to be criticised in the right way and not make it personal like Nuno did :dunno:

It wasn’t just that one game for Nuno there was also previous history which he did mention in the interview 

 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Referees aren't beyond reproach or criticism but they are scrutinised to the nth degree and everything they do is magnified. I guess they just have to be criticised in the right way

Yes they are scrutinised but only by the press and pundits, Managers, their staff and players can’t criticise or praise a referee at any point without facing possible sanctions from the FA

Posted
19 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It wasn’t just that one game for Nuno there was also previous history which he did mention in the interview 

 

Yes they are scrutinised but only by the press and pundits, Managers, their staff and players can’t criticise or praise a referee at any point without facing possible sanctions from the FA

Why would they face possible sanctions if they praised them? 

 

They perhaps need to criticise more subtly or less personally. Nuno was quite personal with Lee Mason so no wonder he faced a charge. 

 

Referees certainly aren't beyond criticism. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why would they face possible sanctions if they praised them? 

 

They perhaps need to criticise more subtly or less personally. Nuno was quite personal with Lee Mason so no wonder he faced a charge. 

 

Referees certainly aren't beyond criticism. 

A few years ago Jose Mourinho was fined £10,000 for bringing the game into disrepute for praising a game Mike Dean did

 

Also if referees aren’t beyond criticism can you point to a time where a manager has criticised the referee and not been fined as I can’t recall any at all

Edited by jammie82uk
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why would they face possible sanctions if they praised them? 

 

They perhaps need to criticise more subtly or less personally. Nuno was quite personal with Lee Mason so no wonder he faced a charge. 

 

Referees certainly aren't beyond criticism. 

A referee can mock a disabled person, we only find about it later when the referee returns from Norway (I am sure that is a euphemism) and then can return to the PL Is this scrutiny and where is the public disclosure, indeed I would allege that there was a cover up.

 

Moreover on a week by week basis why aren't referee's assessments published and why don't referees publish their own assessment of the decisions they made during a game?

 

Why because top flight refereeing in the PL is a closed shop where everyone is protecting their own interests and not the interests of the game and League they are supposed to be serving.

Edited by Steven
Posted
11 minutes ago, Steven said:

A referee can mock a disabled person, we only find about it later when the referee returns from Norway (I am sure that is a euphemism) and then can return to the PL Is this scrutiny and where is the public disclosure, indeed I would allege that there was a cover up.

 

Moreover on a week by week basis why aren't referee's assessments published and why don't referees publish their own assessment of the decisions they made during a game?

 

Why because top flight refereeing in the PL is a closed shop where everyone is protecting their own interests and not the interests of the game and League they are supposed to be serving.

I can't answer your questions but I have no idea why you've brought up the ref that mocked someone disabled in the context of this conversation :dunno:

Posted

Shame that referees can't be interviewed after games about any controversial decisions they have made; to be asked why they made such a decision etc by the interviewer, whilst looking at the replay of any incidents on screen next to them.

  • Like 2
Posted
6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I can't answer your questions but I have no idea why you've brought up the ref that mocked someone disabled in the context of this conversation :dunno:

Where was the criticism when it occurred? Remind me, was he charged under FA Rule E3.1.?

Posted
1 minute ago, Steven said:

Where was the criticism when it occurred? Remind me, was he charged under FA Rule E3.1.?

I'm hammered mate I couldn't really give a shit tbh lol lol

 

Posted
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'm hammered mate I couldn't really give a shit tbh lol lol

 

I've been on the Champagne too. :D Happy New Year!

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I guess he wasn’t so critical this weekend when one of his players got away with falling over when Brighton scored .

 

Mind you I like that idea of refs having to come out with a public reason for their decisions.

 

Might give everyone more understanding of what is going on in their heads .

Edited by Super_horns
Posted
8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The easiest way would be for the VAR discussions to be broadcast rather than just be left in the dark until they’ve made a decision on field. 

Would be interesting to hear them haha

 

"United is it? No need for us to check, you've given the pen, it's a pen"

  • Haha 1
Posted

Anyone been watching BT Sport's 'Man in the Middle'? 

 

(no it's not an alternative version of Michael Jackson's Man in the Mirror lol ) 

 

Good insight in to how referees coped with VAR and the role generally in the Champions League last a season, including the break due to Covid-19 and the resumption of competition. 

 

They're well aware of the demands from fans and players and clubs to get every decision perfect and they incorporate VAR as best and quickly as possible. They don't delay on purpose and they don't get every decision wrong on purpose either - it's just very frustrating with the technology and number of officials around that there continue to be issues. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...