Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

2021 in Music

• 2 weeks later...

Gave the new Manics and Lathums albums listens recently.

The Manics' one was better than a fair bit of their more recent stuff. James Dean Bradfield described it as like "The Clash playing Abba", which is a pretty fair description.

Liked the Lathums' one too. Some of it was a bit MOR for me, but there were some really interesting tracks on there too. About lived up to the hype and wasn't let down after enjoying some of their previous stuff.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 13:16, Voll Blau said:

Gave the new Manics and Lathums albums listens recently.

The Manics' one was better than a fair bit of their more recent stuff. James Dean Bradfield described it as like "The Clash playing Abba", which is a pretty fair description.

Liked the Lathums' one too. Some of it was a bit MOR for me, but there were some really interesting tracks on there too. About lived up to the hype and wasn't let down after enjoying some of their previous stuff.

I've actually enjoyed the last two or three manics albums. They've clearly set out to experiment a bit more and develop a more progressive sound. The songs have been very consistent too, not many duds at all. I feel like Nicky's written his best stuff in the last 10 years or so.

• Like 2