Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City failed in late-window move to sign Chelsea midfielder

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

They didn’t want to let Gilmour leave.... but they let Barkley... who arguably will probably have more of an impact at Villa than Gilmour would anywhere else.... doesn’t make much sense to me. 

Well, they wouldn't have known Villa would be doing so well this season when they agreed to that. It's clear now that we're standing between Chelsea and the top 4. Makes perfect sense.

On 06/02/2021 at 13:44, Pliskin said:

They didn’t want to let Gilmour leave.... but they let Barkley... who arguably will probably have more of an impact at Villa than Gilmour would anywhere else.... doesn’t make much sense to me. 

I think with Barkley they wanted to get him out on a permanent deal, but accepted a loan to get him off the wage bill. At the time Villa looked like they’d be a bottom half side. 

I can see why they don’t want to loan a promising young player to a side that is above them in the table. 

Overall, I think this window has shown that loaning players from the Premier League isn’t really an option - we need to look abroad for loanees. 

I’m actually glad we didn’t get Gilmour - we are struggling enough to get Mendy game time and I think Hamza’s tenacity is important for us.

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

Overall, I think this window has shown that loaning players from the Premier League isn’t really an option - we need to look abroad for loanees. 

I’m actually glad we didn’t get Gilmour - we are struggling enough to get Mendy game time and I think Hamza’s tenacity is important for us.

Gilmour isn't a DM though. He would have been cover for Youri. 

51 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Sure - another body in midfield though. He has played as a number 4 on occasions in the youth teams at Chelsea.

Look at yesterday for instance. IMO that was Youris worst game for us, losing the ball constantly, not getting around the pitch too great (which you cant blame him for because he's been a machine and he's allowed to get tired) but we had to keep going with him as we have no one who can come on and do what he can. Gilmour could have offered us that...

7 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Look at yesterday for instance. IMO that was Youris worst game for us, losing the ball constantly, not getting around the pitch too great (which you cant blame him for because he's been a machine and he's allowed to get tired) but we had to keep going with him as we have no one who can come on and do what he can. Gilmour could have offered us that...

Wow - I thought Youri was superb - controlled the centre midfield as we dominated possession. They defended well and had a threat on the flanks, but the centre of the pitch was ours!!

5 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Wow - I thought Youri was superb - controlled the centre midfield as we dominated possession. They defended well and had a threat on the flanks, but the centre of the pitch was ours!!

I've never saw him lose possession that many times before.... 20 times is alot. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I've never saw him lose possession that many times before.... 20 times is alot. 

I didn’t appreciate it was that much. Wolves can be a negative side, but they are well drilled and disciplined, do they are a nightmare to play against for creative players.

• Like 1

Maybe this is just planting the seed for a move in the summer especially if Tuchel freezes him out between now and then. I'm sure Chelsea will expect to beat us next year, with or without Gilmour, no matter what happens this season so their stance might soften esp with another 6 months off of his contract by then.

• Like 1