Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Shane Flynn - New Deal

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Chilwell made his debut under Ranieri against Hull away in League cup autumn 15, then went out on loan to Huddersfield.

Came back, linked to Liverpool summer 2016, then made his Premier League full debut at home vs Everton Boxing Day 16 and was MOTM, was involved with first team there onwards but don’t think he really played too much until the following season under Puel.

If we’ve got another one in Flynn, with Thomas already in the squad, then god knows how we keep producing these left backs lol 

Actually I thought Chilwell was first choice for Puel the whole time as I remember complaining about him always starting over a stronger Fuchs ... 

The only caution I'd add is that although new contracts give security for the player, it seems that doesn't always equate to them getting any more opportunities in the first team which isn't necessarily the wrong choice either. 

If anything I'd imagine he could end up disappearing back to the development squad now we're getting the injury returns and he'll probably go off the radar for a couple of years. It seems we're buttering up a few players to get the contracts signed - cynical I know!