Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Shane Flynn - New Deal

I wonder if he will get a run-out this season, having made it onto the bench in previous games. Daley-Cambpell, Taveres and Leshabela have all had debuts this season. If Flynn gets a run out, would that be our record number of youth academy debuts in a season? Surely it would be in a Premier League season!

10 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Congrats Shane!

Anyone know what kind of player he is and where in defence he plays?

Got a good engine on him can play LB, CM and LM. Needs to work on his end product, hopefully gets a loan next season.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Have I missed something here? A lot of our young talent has come through the U23's? 

Yeah dunno what he’s on about. There does seem to be a theory on here that Beaglehole has been/is crap but that isn’t the case in reality. That’s doesn’t fit agendas on here though, any coach of age is automatically a dinosaur!

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Yeah dunno what he’s on about. There does seem to be a theory on here that Beaglehole has been/is crap but that isn’t the case in reality. That’s doesn’t fit agendas on here though, any coach of age is automatically a dinosaur!

I fuching love dinosaurs. Had a Panini sticker album in the 70’s with dinosaurs. Think the last one I needed was Trevor Brooking, the old Stegosaurus. 

• Haha 4

Good stuff - another young prospect coming through from our oft-maligned academy. I know our hand has been forced somewhat by injuries and fixture congestion, but it's actually remarkable how many are getting called up to our matchday squad. Off the top of my head, Flynn has joined Thomas, Leshabela, Daley-Campbell, Tavares and I think Ndukwu in making the first team squad in the past two seasons.

We should remember how lucky we are to have a manager like Rodgers who is willing to give the kids a chance. It builds on the one good thing to come from Puel's reign, when we saw Chilwell, Barnes and Choudhury break through. Though  am I right that Chillwell actually started playing for the first team under Shakespeare?

Part of me does suspect, based on that haircut, that they're banking on Shane being a baller so they can sell lego figurines of him in the club shop. At least grow a fringe, lad! lol

Edited by OntarioFox