Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Disappointing attendance at walkers

too many "glory supporters" at this club. it shouldn't need to take premiership football to get a full house. i understand "fans" don't go because things are a bit average at the moment, but i think these stay away "fans" need to wake up and smell the coffee.

bigger attendance = more gate receipts = more transfer funds = better players = better team.

if you want the best for leicester and want the glory days back turn up to support, give some money and see what happens.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!!! to get a good side you need to give your team support and money. it won't happen though, shame.

Although I go to every game, I think you are talking balls. People can go when they want because of the extortionate ticket prices. If it was 10-15 every home game we would fill the ground. Just look at Wigan, 8,000 two years back......now its a sellout.

Every club is the same.

too many "glory supporters" at this club. it shouldn't need to take premiership football to get a full house. i understand "fans" don't go because things are a bit average at the moment, but i think these stay away "fans" need to wake up and smell the coffee.

bigger attendance = more gate receipts = more transfer funds = better players = better team.

if you want the best for leicester and want the glory days back turn up to support, give some money and see what happens.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!!! to get a good side you need to give your team support and money. it won't happen though, shame.

At the minute what is there to be "glory" about though?

I cansee where your coming from though, look at our crowds from 2002-2003 and look at them now

Although I go to every game, I think you are talking balls. People can go when they want because of the extortionate ticket prices. If it was 10-15 every home game we would fill the ground. Just look at Wigan, 8,000 two years back......now its a sellout.

Every club is the same.

Well said. I used to go often but since buying a house have struggled hence I see the Reserves more than the first team. It's a day out for me and the missus when we go and with tickets, bus, pub etc etc we can spend £50+ every time we go so we have to be selective.

some people have got better things to do than go and pay a fortune and watch leicester lose every other saturday. dont get me wrong i love football + am a season ticket holder, but for most people LCFC isnt their priority in life, they have families and other commitments.

some people have got better things to do than go and pay a fortune and watch leicester lose every other saturday. dont get me wrong i love football + am a season ticket holder, but for most people LCFC isnt their priority in life, they have families and other commitments.

Yes! Well said. We rest our case!

If only your formula was true. Sadly, it depends who's spending the money as anyone who went through the Peter Taylor era will tell you.

That said I think the fans do have something to look forward to now IF Levein can have the same effect on the attack as he has on the defence.

It's a big if but we've got our most realistic chance of moving upwards for a long time.

The falling attendance correlates with the league we're playing in. About 5000 to 10000 people are missing because they're not interested in watching Championship games. I would consider calling a major part of them "glory hunters".

A smaller number has decided not to show up at the Walkers because of the slow and rather disappointing start into the season. And judging from some people's comments on here, that might be the right move. I don't know.

But I don't believe we're the only team in that situation. We're certainly luckier than others. Norwich anyone?

It's not cheap to follow a football club these days and when people are shelling out £20ish (sometimes it can cost a family nearly three figures) to see a game, fans demand a certain level of commitment/performance. If in their opinion the £20 could be better spent elsewhere, it will be.

i take your point in terms of money and i understand it entirely. i was more poking towards those fans that only come to watch the side when they are doing well and stay away and complain all the time when we are doing not so well rather than sticking in their

It's linked surely. When the side is doing well, the atmosphere is usually quite a positive one, you're likely to see us score a few goals and perhaps even (shock/horror) play some positive football. If you enjoy the matchday, it's worth £20 perhaps. When the club isn't getting great results and the games are seen to be dull and negative, people aren't going to so happily part with their cash.

Part of the problem is that not as many people are willing to watch us when we're not doing well... but a large part is that a lot of people will pay to watch entertaining games. As a customer, having paid £20 to watch the Southampton game, I didn't feel that I'd got value for money to be fair.

i can understand you didn't feel value for money, but i'll bet you'll do it all over again. do you not enjoy everything that is involved in a match day? o.k it's steep, but at least you are contributing in some way to the club. just think what an extra 10,000 £20 notes could do every match day.

Well... yeah, you're right.

Just I used to really get a buzz from going and sadly that's gone.

Being there and supporting my team alone used to be enough and it genuinely is still at the occasional away games I go to. There just seems to be an atmosphere around the Walkers at the minute... can't explain it - maybe its just me.

i can understand you didn't feel value for money, but i'll bet you'll do it all over again. do you not enjoy everything that is involved in a match day? o.k it's steep, but at least you are contributing in some way to the club. just think what an extra 10,000 £20 notes could do every match day.

Well I used to enjoy everything associated with going:

1. Meeting mates down the pub for a drink or two
  2. The walk to the ground down Burnmoor St pass all the old terraced houses, catching snatches of excited conversation
  3. Queue up outside the kop, expectations of an entertaining afternoon high
  4. Getting in there 15 to 30 minutes before kick-off, grabbing something to eat
  5. Bit of early banter with the oppo fans
  6. See the players warm up -sing their tribute songs
  7. Kop really starting to warm up ready for the match

All that before the game starts, the only thing that now continues is the drink in the pub only that now lasts until there's just time to get in before kick-off.

How long I'll keep my season ticket? I'm not sure every year since we moved the decision has become harder, I guess it's only because of the big discount that I'm not now one of your so called glory supporters, which is funny considering i've endured the McKlintock, Hamilton, Pleat and Taylor era's.

Maybe that's why I make no judgement about people's commitment to the LCFC cause, everyone has a different story to tell, if I was faced today with the prospect of paying for two adults and three 8-16 year olds, like I did in the past I most definately would not be going.

Judge not let ye be judged

There just seems to be an atmosphere around the Walkers at the minute... can't explain it - maybe its just me.

It just seems lethargic to me. It's a build up of watching a sustained period of poor football, with very few wins. I know what to expect with every home game now, with the exception of the odd one. I think this applies with a number of other fans watching too. While I'm not excusing the atmopshere, I don't think many teams have been our position over the past 2 years, where performance and results have been consistently disappointing. There's only so much the crowd can do to support the football, but even the most patient fans find it difficult to remain completely supportive when you're watching some of the dross turned out week in week out.

It's not cheap to follow a football club these days and when people are shelling out £20ish (sometimes it can cost a family nearly three figures) to see a game, fans demand a certain level of commitment/performance. If in their opinion the £20 could be better spent elsewhere, it will be.

It was £1 to get in against Burnley for under 16s!!!

Oh yeah! You're right.. my point about it generally expensive and a lot of fans feeling that the entertainment just doesn't match up is null and void after that beautifully crafted post.

Next time I'm under 16 which will be ermm.... never I'll happily spend close to £30 getting up to and back from Leicester plus accomodation if I can get in for a quid!

Oh yeah! You're right.. my point about it generally expensive and a lot of fans feeling that the entertainment just doesn't match up is null and void after that beautifully crafted post.

Next time I'm under 16 which will be ermm.... never I'll happily spend close to £30 getting up to and back from Leicester plus accomodation if I can get in for a quid!

But That Noodle bar was bloody good value eh ? lol Strange that eh ? We were having a similar conversation, re: being accused of being glory hunters etc. I agree, it was poor value (southampton game) but as someone mentioned above, we all have different circumstances, and over the forty yrs I have been going to see LCFC my circumstances have changed many a time. No doubt this formula will apply to all if not most people as they go through life.

anyway £30 to get to a game , when I was travelling up from London it was only 30 shillings for the whole day out ! are you exagerating TPH ? lmao !

With alot of people its a case of money. When I was studing it up in Huddersfield, I prolly went to about 10 games in total. Purely because a Return ticket to Leicester was the best part of 20 quid and so were the tickets. Thats before you even think about food or the pub. 40 Quid is basically more then half of your average Students weekly budget.

Now not everyone is in that postion but alot of people dont have alot of money.

If you add that fact that the team have fallen from grace, your going to get lower attendences. If you add the Stewarding situation, and the drop in atmosphere, lower attendences should be expected.

face facts though the Kop is never empty, its always fairly full. Theres no excuse for the silence.

I attend live football pretty much once a week now. Since the season started probabley seven of those games have been spent watching Leicester, the atmosphere is absloutley dyer compared to your average League two ground I have to say.

The County ground was jumping on Friday night. The whole of the end I was in spent the whole game stood up singing. Fair enough it was a Derby game, but I couldnt imagine that at the Walkers.

The tickets werent cheap they were 15 quid, not much more then what I pay at the Walkers

The Teams performance?? well Swindon were four points adrift at the bottom of League two when when the first ball was kicked and one nill down before 2 mins, the atmoshpere never dropped. their were 7,000 people present. the ground holds 15,000.

Milton Keyenes to Oakwell I see the same thing.

The only grounds ive been too with anything like the same problem is the britania, and the Galpharm.

Which brings me to my point. The National Hockey Stadium Oakwell Saltergate blah blah were built for League one football, they serve their purpouse. and beacuse of their size they only really need to be half somtimes less then half full to get a decent reasult out of the crowd.

New Stadiums, Such as ours, need to be full, I mean 28,000 at the least to have the same effect. I dont know why maybe its the lay out maybe its the distance of the away fans, who knows. But im convinced its the Walkers bowl thats the problem. which is strange to me as I said the kop is almost always fairly full.

The whole things a deadly circle really, the team affect the attendance the attendance affects the atmosphere the atomsphere effects the team, and the attendance. Someone needs to break the Cycle. and IMO it should be the people being payed four figure weekly salaries.

Well I used to enjoy everything associated with going:

1. Meeting mates down the pub for a drink or two
  2. The walk to the ground down Burnmoor St pass all the old terraced houses, catching snatches of excited conversation
  3. Queue up outside the kop, expectations of an entertaining afternoon high
  4. Getting in there 15 to 30 minutes before kick-off, grabbing something to eat
  5. Bit of early banter with the oppo fans
  6. See the players warm up -sing their tribute songs
  7. Kop really starting to warm up ready for the match

All that before the game starts, the only thing that now continues is the drink in the pub only that now lasts until there's just time to get in before kick-off.

How long I'll keep my season ticket? I'm not sure every year since we moved the decision has become harder, I guess it's only because of the big discount that I'm not now one of your so called glory supporters, which is funny considering i've endured the McKlintock, Hamilton, Pleat and Taylor era's.

Maybe that's why I make no judgement about people's commitment to the LCFC cause, everyone has a different story to tell, if I was faced today with the prospect of paying for two adults and three 8-16 year olds, like I did in the past I most definately would not be going.

Judge not let ye be judged

Maybe that's why I campaign so strongly for attacking football. The costs are bloody hurtful to most ordinary folk - the least they can do is try to entertain, try and give us something to lift our spirits.

For all that Leicester City is a bit of a drug. if if wasn't my passion I'd NEVER put up with some of the dross they serve up anywhere else.

It just that things like the Steve Claridge goal, the Arsenal draw, the cheek and good humour of Derek Dougan, the unparalleled brilliance of Frank Worthington and Stan Collymore, the matchless skill of Davie Gibson are memories that make up the most marvellous moments of my life.

I guess that means I'll forgive them anything. They are as much part of my life as oxygen is to my lungs and my wife and sons are to the whole purpose of my life.

Archived