Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darth Fox

Allan Hansen

For me personally I think he's scum. Am I on my own? I know a few people that agree, mainly fellow Scot's but some English mates too.

i completely disagree. i think he is one of the best pundits on TV at the moment. i enjoy watching his banter with lineker and lorro.

on what do you base this hatred?

Scum is a word I'd reserve for Nazi war criminals, sex offenders etc etc.

He's a good pundit, not riveting, but usually worth listening to. He's embarrasing when he tries to be funny. I'm guessing the Scots dislike him because he makes his money watching English football and the English national team.

In general, I think footie punditry is best left to the journos, with one or two exceptions. Jimmy Hill's Sunday show on Sky has far more insight into the football world than a whole season's worth of Lawro and Stubbsy.

I'm quite sure he's a decent bloke and used to like him as a pundit. But, the more you watch him the more you realise he has a certain number of favourite phrases and comments and just seems to shuffle them accordingly each week. He rarely comes up with anything witty or original.

Lineker holds the thing together with his unaffected sense of humour, the irony being that, while I'd far rather listen to what he has to say, all he gets to do is introduce the boring ones with his special bit of je ne sais quoi.

Of television football men I like Andy Gray cos he has something original and informative to tell you and Ally McCoist cos he's just a natural comic and would obviously have been worth an extra player by the way he could lift a dressing room.

It was the comment he made after the England victory over Argentina when he said "anyone would think we'd won the world cup". Now it seems to me Allan is a little confused as he isn't English(although clearly he thinks he is). He is jumping on the bandwagon of another nation that isn't his own. If he'd used the word "they" instead of "we" the us Scot's would've been okay with it. The fact of the matter is he puts down his own nation at any opportunity he get's whether it's in press, BBC website or as a pundit. I know Scotland aren't great but that doesn't mean I'm gonna support someone else or sl@g them off. He's a creep.

It was the comment he made after the England victory over Argentina when he said "anyone would think we'd won the world cup". Now it seems to me Allan is a little confused as he isn't English(although clearly he thinks he is). He is jumping on the bandwagon of another nation that isn't his own. If he'd used the word "they" instead of "we" the us Scot's would've been okay with it. The fact of the matter is he puts down his own nation at any opportunity he get's whether it's in press, BBC website or as a pundit. I know Scotland aren't great but that doesn't mean I'm gonna support someone else or sl@g them off. He's a creep.

Andy Townsend has the same problem - who cares if your English, your played for EIRE therefore when commenting on International games dont use 'we' for England! :mad:

I'm quite sure he's a decent bloke and used to like him as a pundit. But, the more you watch him the more you realise he has a certain number of favourite phrases and comments and just seems to shuffle them accordingly each week. He rarely comes up with anything witty or original.

Lineker holds the thing together with his unaffected sense of humour, the irony being that, while I'd far rather listen to what he has to say, all he gets to do is introduce the boring ones with his special bit of je ne sais quoi.

Of television football men I like Andy Gray cos he has something original and informative to tell you and Ally McCoist cos he's just a natural comic and would obviously have been worth an extra player by the way he could lift a dressing room.

I totally agree.

In general, I think footie punditry is best left to the journos, with one or two exceptions. Jimmy Hill's Sunday show on Sky has far more insight into the football world than a whole season's worth of Lawro and Stubbsy.

Indeed. Steve Curry is the Landlord of one of my local pubs and he is a top bloke and knows his stuff.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest

Do you hold the same opinion of Leicester? - IE If a person was not born in Leicester then that person is not entitled to support LCFC

I prefer the dream team of:-

Presenter - John Barnes

Pundits - Rodney Marsh, Tony Blair (that football focus was painful)

Commentry - Jonathan (the mics in front of you stop f***** shouting) Pearce, Ron Atkinson

I don't understand how John Barnes can keep his job he is probably the most boring presenter in the history of live football!!!

Doesn't bother me in the slightest

Do you hold the same opinion of Leicester? - IE If a person was not born in Leicester then that person is not entitled to support LCFC

Exactly.

A number of players who play for the England Cricket Side weren't born in England.

I was born in Maidstone, I support Leicester.

There are many examples where someone might feel an affinity with a team which is not linked to their place of birth.

Except Alan Hansen played international football for Scotland, yet has this affiliation with England, that's why Scots tend to get pissed off with him, it's almost like he's turned his back on Scotland to support their biggest rivals.

It's like if one of our players went to Coventry and started slagging off Leicester and saying Coventry were the bee's pyjamas I know I'd be pissed off, it's a similar thing here.

Either way, I'm not Scottish and I don't mind Alan Hansen, so yunno.

I dunno - but Lawro is a tosser.. he makes a bit of a living out of being a football expert... football expert my arse.. my brother is more of a football expert.. and hes only something years old :ermm: .

Sorry forgot his age, hes about 14

Agreed heartily about Lawro I think Hansen is really good pundit but sometimes harsh though but He is better than Shearer and Redknapp! what do you think of a journalist call Henry Winter he writes in daily telegraph and is knowlegdgeable about football

Archived