Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

8 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Post-Covid Bertrand is 70% the player he was Pre-Covid.

Its clear to see he's miles off the player we signed.  Previously he was bombing down the wing on overlaps.  Now you're lucky if he gets over the halfway line.

Shame for the lad.

When did he get covid? 

On 04/11/2021 at 23:25, MalletFox said:

He got a lot of stick at one point in the 2nd half for not playing a ball in behind for Daka and then seemed to hold his hand up apologetically to the fans. 

I felt a bit sorry for him, he’s not an up n down wing back, he’s an ageing LB who is a squad player at best. I was relieved he put a decent corner in which we scored from before getting subbed, think he was quite pleased to go off n all tbh!

... not back to full fitness!!!

I do find it strange that no one has mentioned the substitution,, which was made as soon as we scored. Another 5 or 10 minutes with the players out there, who had just got a big incentive, was undermined by two "cold" players, having to adjust to a games tempo.

I am not saying it was the reason for the end result but it was a strange decision to make the change at that time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... not back to full fitness!!!

I do find it strange that no one has mentioned the substitution,, which was made as soon as we scored. Another 5 or 10 minutes with the players out there, who had just got a big incentive, was undermined by two "cold" players, having to adjust to a games tempo.

I am not saying it was the reason for the end result but it was a strange decision to make the change at that time.

The changes were about to happen prior to winning that corner I think so was decided before the equaliser. Still had plenty of time and chances to win it after the subs were made tho tbf.