Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Said it a few weeks ago but he's poor. 

Looks far too slow, and he and Vestegaard are as poor as Southampton fans said.

I didn't think when we signed them that they would play together, it's a crazy decision to deliberately weaken your defence.

35 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Said it a few weeks ago but he's poor. 

Watched him close up yesterday, not very good at defending, doesn't get forward much (lazy), doesn't link with Barnes well, doesn't really bust a gut getting back when beaten, no legs (blowing early), actually doesn't look that bothered.

That physio team better be working on getting JJ fit for end Oct.

I actually think Vestergaard would be better with a better left back beside (notice I didn't say much!!).

Think someone on here said it re. Vestergaard but throw Bertrand and Perez in and the “proven PL player” line trotted out is such nonsense. Just means you end up paying more in fees and wages for average players. 

Barnes isn’t playing well admittedly but he also has absolutely no chemistry with Bertrand down that side. 

• Like 3

Bertrand for their first managed to set the ball up nicely and jump out of the way in one motion to invite the volley into the corner. I was getting more and more frustrated with him before that, just looks like a player who is no longer physically at the level required.

I thought he would be a steady signing, but he looks way off it and he needs to be dropped.

Only played one good match and that was in preseason I 🤔 think. He was at Southampton for 7 to 8 years, think he was a good servant and gave his good years for them, but now with age catching up with him, it feels like he hasn't got the physical edge to play against the younger fitter stronger players. He seems a likable guy from looking at the saints forum, but we can't carry players if want to have success. I don't think he can physically play a full game and prefers coming on as a sub in the last quarter, or prefers being on the bench for some games. Feels like his best years have gone there's not much gas left in his tank

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Only played one good match and that was in preseason I 🤔 think. He was at Southampton for 7 to 8 years, think he was a good servant and gave his good years for them, but now with age catching up with him, it feels like he hasn't got the physical edge to play against the younger fitter stronger players. He seems a likable guy from looking at the saints forum, but we can't carry players if want to have success. I don't think can physically play a full game and prefers coming on as a sub in the last quarter, or prefers being on the bench for some games. Feels like his best years have gone there's not much gas left in his tank

Neither Pereira or Castagne looked comfortable at LB so it would have to be Thomas. One bad game though and he would get hammered on here. I think Rodgers will stick with Bertrand until JJ is back up running. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Really poor again. Slow and probably the worst at slowing down play and passing back. Offers nothing at wing back. Not convinced with luke either. Really need ricky back to his A game and JJ. 

• Like 1

Embarrassing performance today. Jogging back. Walking to a corner when everyone was in the box waiting for him. And that bit he could have jogged to keep it in and just did nothing. You forgive poor performances but his attitude was not on. 

Thought he'd be a shrewd signing but he's been so poor and then you stick the complete disinterest in there and it paints a sorry picture.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

I don't know if it's because his legs have gone, but his reluctance to track back was really frustrating today. 

Lost the ball at one point near their box and was jogging back whilst they counter attacked.

Watch the goal back, strolling back. Might aswell go off the MLS 

Struggled for a lot of the first half, particularly compared to the yards Castagne was covering on the right. Body shape as with Thomas was backwards and he mainly shuffled the ball back to Soyuncu. 2nd half he gave the spartak lad unbelievable time to cross the ball for the goal. I’m assuming the injury didn’t help him but he made no real attempt to close him down. Looks off the pace and almost dialling in his performances at the moment. 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2021 at 23:08, An Sionnach said:

Neither Pereira or Castagne looked comfortable at LB so it would have to be Thomas. One bad game though and he would get hammered on here. I think Rodgers will stick with Bertrand until JJ is back up running. 

Castagne even tho he’s right footed is leagues ahead of Bertrand and Thomas at left back. If Pereira was fit he would’ve had them both playing.

4 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Worst left back we’ve had since Ryan Mcgivern. Thomas should be starting ahead of him, at least he can improve. I try not to be hyperbolic but that performance was a disgrace tonight and if he never played for us again I wouldn’t be bothered

3 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

He was a good player in his prime. Unfortunately he has been on the slide for a number of seasons now and should be no where near a Premier league team. 

Absolutely both of these.

His set piece balls could have been the deciding factor in me wanting him in the side. But they aren't.

• Like 2