Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

When he signed I thought he was going to be the experienced head mentoring the younger lads

Not sure why he’s getting consistent starts

Yeah I thought he'd be a solid back up for squad rotation and injuries (which he is) rather than a first XI starter (which he most certainly isnt).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Frost said:

What a terrible signing.

34 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Vestegaard gets a lot of stick but i dislike the Bertrand signing even more, absolutely horrific player when we already had options in his position, at least we were scarce at CB.

27 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He's not up to playing in the Premier League anymore, seemed like a decent signing but he's crap.

As long as he wears our shirt, will support him and pray he comes good.

But some of us questioned his signing based on his very underwhelming showing at Southampton last season. 

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Thomas or Castagne need to start at LB. Bertrand was impressive in preseason but has been poor for several games in a row. Very poor for Olise’s goal. 

In ONE preseason game - or perhaps it was one half each of two games.

Frankly didn’t expect he would be the default starter at LB. Thought he was going to be an experienced backup.

Wasn’t great but had no help from Barnes. Youri was moving to the left causing us to be exposed in the middle.

Barnes needs to spend more time on the training pitch and less time on the p1ss in Leicester.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Yeah I thought he'd be a solid back up for squad rotation and injuries (which he is) rather than a first XI starter (which he most certainly isnt).

That’s the role he’s playing, he’s backup until JJ comes back and is job sharing with Thomas, who has been equally pants let’s be honest. 

Just now, NaijaFox said:

In ONE preseason game - or perhaps it was one half each of two games.

Frankly didn’t expect he would be the default starter at LB. Thought he was going to be an experienced backup.

He looked good to me in all of his preseason games, especially against Villarreal. But he’s just not carried that form into the season proper. 

We’ve conceded 2 in our last 3 Premier League games and this is the second time we’ve let a two goal lead slip already this season. He’s definitely one of the reasons why. 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

This and the misplaced aimless passes that always seem to give the initiative back to the other side. 

Yeah. For somebody who has played top flight football for 7/8 seasons, I am honestly astounded about how much he struggles with the basics.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

He looked good to me in all of his preseason games, especially against Villarreal. But he’s just not carried that form into the season proper. 

We’ve conceded 2 in our last 3 Premier League games and this is the second time we’ve let a two goal lead slip already this season. He’s definitely one of the reasons why. 

Problem is, as we’ve seen with Rodgers he’ll give his signings a ludicrous amount of chances, so not expecting much movement at the back any time soon. 

• Sad 1