Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Problem is, as we’ve seen with Rodgers he’ll give his signings a ludicrous amount of chances, so not expecting much movement at the back any time soon. 

Usually I don’t have a problem giving players chances as they need 5-6 games to bed in. But he’s had that now and is getting worse not better. 

Thomas should start the harder games and Bertrand the rotation games as it stands. Next up is Man U… I’d rather Thomas against Sancho than Bertrand. 

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That’s the role he’s playing, he’s backup until JJ comes back and is job sharing with Thomas, who has been equally pants let’s be honest. 

Rather Thomas learning and I don’t see Thomas giving goals away in the same fashion. Sometimes timid on the ball I admit 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Looks absolutely gassed half the time. Was hoping for a more technical(left sided) Danny Simpson ... might aswell have kept Simmo :ph34r:

Still think he'll come good for us

Simpson to his credit knew his role (and limitations) and did it to perfection in the PL winning season. Forced players wide to put in crosses that Huth and Wes mopped up. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

He’ll be fine when the team improves. He’s suffering in a team that’s suffering at present. We have too many off-form players and such a lack of confidence.

The arrows need to be turned on Rodgers at the moment. 9m quid a year for churning out this crap!

Bertrand is a decent LB, who needs to be part of a decent side.

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I expected Bertrand to be a fuchs replacement. On the bench as a steady Eddie emergency cover for castagne and after his return, JJ. 

The guy was surely never ever meant as a first teamer. 

As someone else said, buy Southampton players and you'll end up.as Southampton. 

Bertrand has experienced losing 9-0 twice!

• Haha 1

I think any pace Bertrand once had has well and truly gone. Fuchs was the same towards the end of his time here but the difference is Fuchs was extremely comfortable in possession and rarely gave it away. 

It probably doesn't help him either having Vestergaard covering him. I know for a fact if he was covering me i wouldn't have much faith in him. 

• Like 1

It's not a huge surprise is it? Looked leggy as **** for Southampton. I can't remember seeing a player so consistently on his heels when a teammate tries to give him the ball. As a cheap backup/utility option I could understand signing him but I'd much rather we were either giving minutes to Thomas or shunting either Ricardo or Castagne out there.

Can’t get over how much worse both Betrand & Vestergaard are than Morgan & Fuchs

I know the latter are both club legends but think we should have appreciated how much they still had even last year; Fuchs played 6? in a row around October last year and was never as bad as the Southampton dismal duo 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

He’s absolute dog shit. Why the **** is he starting ahead of Timmy and Ricardo? 

And Thomas, who has done nothing wrong in my view but must be frustrated that Bertrand is suddenly preferred over him. Also, Thomas worked well with Barnes, so the preference for Bertrand weakens our attacking ability on the left.  I wouldn't be surprised that that is also hindering Barnes return to form.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Col city fan said:

He’ll be fine when the team improves. He’s suffering in a team that’s suffering at present. We have too many off-form players and such a lack of confidence.

The arrows need to be turned on Rodgers at the moment. 9m quid a year for churning out this crap!

Bertrand is a decent LB, who needs to be part of a decent side.

Not sure what youre watching, he gets rinsed every time a winger runs at him and cant make a pass. Vestegaard gets a lot of shit on here and rightfully so, but bertrand is absolutely turgid, far far worse, at least vestegaard makes some good tackles and passes some of the time. Not sure how you can give amartey a go when he does a job a decent amount of the time whilst having the odd off game whereas Bertrand is hot stinking garbage in almost every interaction with the ball he makes. He's the ryan bennett of left backs and the worst player weve had in the squad in a while.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Thanks 1