Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

To be fair, that is the mindset we have throughout the team mostly nowadays. Lookman even did it last night. 

Yeh Moses had Lookman in his back pocket but that was partly due to Soyuncu running into his space before passing and also Lookman being a right footer on the left. He only wanted to cut back in and from a standing start with both Soyuncu and the opponents squeezing his space  Moses had his cards marked. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Incognito said:

If we have to shoehorn Castagne to left back to avoid Thomas playing two games a week, at least we can call on Mr Utility himself, Dan Amartey, to play right back.

Regarding Bertrand, he just does not look bothered. I'd like to think that is not the case and either his legs have gone or he's suffering from long covid, but at the minute he's a hindrance not a help.

Yeh I agree and if it wasn't for the fact we had Albrighton and Barnes unavailable I'd have played a back 4 and gone back to wingers. We only have Ricardo and Castagne plus (Justin when he's back) that are capable as wing backs. Even Thomas struggles with that role although he's miles better than Bertrand. We all wanted to see Iheanacho and vardy/daka play together but now I'd rather we go back to a 4-1-2-2-1 even if it means dropping Nacho. The 3/5 at the back isn't working defensively and stifles our attacking play. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Can see us paying him off this summer to get rid, Vestergaard is the one that will be hanging about, desperately need to replace Morgan with someone that dominates the box – we should have just paid the 30-35m for Tarkowski and been done with it.

I hope we do pay him off to get rid, buying unmotivated players past their best and don't seem to be arsed is the model which got us relegated to our lowest ever ebb. I was angry last night at Bertrand's 'performance' and no less angry today, I never want to see him in our shirt again and will be tempted to boo if his name is read out in any future starting line ups.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Can see us paying him off this summer to get rid, Vestergaard is the one that will be hanging about, desperately need to replace Morgan with someone that dominates the box – we should have just paid the 30-35m for Tarkowski and been done with it.

I was thinking of organising a forum whip round this side of Christmas. 

7 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

If we had 30m to splash around we wouldn't be shopping the bargin bin for players like Lookman, Vestigguard and Bertrand 

• Like 1

lets not pull any punches on this one- he was absolutely shocking in every way- looked like a pub player- nearly every pass was backward or miss hit- he looked completely lost- he actually got into the opposition penalty area once first half and kind of miss kicked it and fell over- embarrassing for someone who has played the level he has-  I was really hopeful he would look decent after what Thomas served up first half on Saturday but unfortunately for us he looks completely finished at this level- how he survived half time is beyond me(I guess brendan needed to keep him for the standard 60 min sub) - I would imagine that might be the last we see of him starting any games in a Leicester shirt

3 minutes ago, jv1 said:

lets not pull any punches on this one- he was absolutely shocking in every way- looked like a pub player- nearly every pass was backward or miss hit- he looked completely lost- he actually got into the opposition penalty area once first half and kind of miss kicked it and fell over- embarrassing for someone who has played the level he has-  I was really hopeful he would look decent after what Thomas served up first half on Saturday but unfortunately for us he looks completely finished at this level- how he survived half time is beyond me(I guess brendan needed to keep him for the standard 60 min sub) - I would imagine that might be the last we see of him starting any games in a Leicester shirt

We can hope!!

How many times do clubs pay players off to get rid lollol?

Unless they've brought the club into disrepute or faced some disciplinary and severely broken rules, there's not a chance he gets paid off to leave. Some people live in a different reality I swear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

How many times do clubs pay players off to get rid lollol?

Unless they've brought the club into disrepute or faced some disciplinary and severely broken rules, there's not a chance he gets paid off to leave. Some people live in a different reality I swear.

OMG then he's here for two years and Vestergaards here for three! They will probably sit on the bench collecting their big fat salary smiling. We can't even loan them out..... nobody will want them!

What a total waste of time and recourses this was, lost his hunger and legs way before we picked him up! Real shit signing that’s probably picking up a nice wage for 2 years at least, Fuchs legs had gone but still twice the player.

• Like 1

Bertrand may be suffering post virus fatigue, I doubt it though as surely medical team would advice that he was not fit. When I watch him play it just feels he is going through the motions, I just get the feeling that Leicester is his pension plan. The quickest he ran last night was to the bench when he was substituted.

Edited by Philkeavo
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was he actually ant good prior to his decline over the last 18 months or so. I was never that bowled over by him, always thought players like him and Clyne were solid but very ordinary, especially going forward. Pony signing.

Good job he's not going to be a regular starter then!

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Good job he's not going to be a regular starter then!

A real step down from Fuchs though. It's very difficult to find experienced players at the end of their careers that can come in and be content with barely playing but when they do they are reliable. Fuchs, Morgan and Albrighton, being well settled in probably helps massively which shows how difficult it is to replace these sorts of players. 

• Like 2

A Southampton fan I work with said that Bertrand was useless for them and often showed a lacklustre/ lack of energy that I feel we're now seeing. 

He was surprised that Vestergaard wasn't doing better and really rated him so maybe there's hope there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

A Southampton fan I work with said that Bertrand was useless for them and often showed a lacklustre/ lack of energy that I feel we're now seeing. 

He was surprised that Vestergaard wasn't doing better and really rated him so maybe there's hope there...

Yeah actually have hope for Vesty

think sometimes he can look unbelievable (at least according to saints fans) think he always struggled with consistency

Doesn’t make much sense to sign a cover CB who is extremely inconsistent but ignoring that I have hope he will one day have a good game of football for us; Betrand on the other hand……