Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2022

On 11/04/2022 at 15:56, Cardiff_Fox said:

Having a decent opening season - 6th currently, top is impossible but 3rd sees a tidy bit of prize money, so that's the aim. 

Big progress with Liechtenstein though - won Nations League C group and will be Nations League B. Beat Hungary at home, drew away. Big wins home and away to Montenegro. Two wins over Estonia. Ranking has improved a lot - which gives a qualification group for the Euros where 3rd is realistic. Russia the strongest seed. 

Finally ****ing done!

Won the third tier and now into the professional second tier. Finances finally in the green. Schaan going pro. 

More importantly, absolutely whacked Vaduz in the Cup 4-1 and qualified for the Conference League! Dollar, dollar, dollar. Should win the first round. Vaduz normally go out at the playoff round. 

Liechtenstein matters - we finished fourth in a group after beating Slovakia home and away but couldn't see off Israel. Now in our highest ever ranking. Got into the Euro qualifying playoffs but was done by Cyprus in extra time (whom are another bogey team). Would have had Greece, so unlikely to qualify. Nations League B is Northern Ireland, Sweden and Serbia. 

On 30/04/2022 at 15:22, Stinky said:

This season has finished me off. Had a solid summer being able to make most of my signings early on. 10 foriegners in the squad to try and fit into my "Max of 7 on the pitch" rule. Beat Celtic in the 3rd round of the CL qualifiers 6-1 which showed we'd improved given that we played them in the EL last season and barely seemed better than them. Then to my surprise we beat Sporting Lisbon in both legs in the final round of qualifiers to reach my first target of bagging CL group stage money lol Also beat Shakhtar on penalties in the Super Cup a week after the season started. Drew our first game of the league season at Vorskla which is typically one of the harder games of the season, and interestingly noticed we host Shakhtar on the final day of the season.

CL Group was Dortmund, Porto and Lille. I played Porto in a friendly and beat them so based off that I was pretty happy with the group. Hammered Lille at home first game, then lost at Porto and also at home to Dortmund despite doing enough to win, so at this stage it's not looking good. But somehow we go and steal a win at Dortmund, which meant our win at home to Porto next up saw us qualify for the knockout rounds. Meanwhile in the league, we'd got to around the 12-game mark having dropped only 4 pts but still trailing Shakhtar. We lost away to Metalist, best of the rest after ourselves/Shakhtar, before going "away" to Shakhtar and robbing them of a point. We were 3pts off the top, and here i'm thinking if we can get to the last game of the season in this position, where H2H record beats GD, i'd ****ing love it

Drew Milan in the CL knockout rounds which was probably the best I could hope for. Win the first leg at home 5-3, but absolutely bottled the last 30mins in the away leg and lost 4-0. Interesting to judge though that i'm probably around your Ajax/Benfica mark IRL. Focus returned to the league, 12 games remained and it felt like 12 wins was the requirement to beat this Shakhtar side. Only Dnipro away and Metalist at home worried me greatly which were roughly games #5 and #8 of the run in. Beat Dnipro 2-1 with a fairly late goal, but drew at home to Metalist which was gutting, season-ending really. Only realistic chance of Shakhtar slipping us was the penultimate game at home to Zorya. Going into the 29th game, i'm away at Chornomorets, 5pts behind Shakhtar. I turn off the latest scores on the home screen because i'm ****ed off lol Chornomorets aren't the easiest side, but I go 1-0 up fairly early on. Then at around the hour mark, I am told through another sub menu on the homepage that Zorya had gone 1-0 up. A bit of poo came out. I start to chop and change as we seem fairly comfortable, and make an extra effort to hide updates from the other game, then in the 85th minute Chornomorets have their first shown highlight and score. 30 seconds later they go and nearly score again. I change my tactics to go gung ho which never really seems to have the desired effect, but I have to do something. Then in the 94th minute, my young striker pops up to ping the ball into the far corner and win the game 2-1. I leave the game and see nothing about Shakhtar winning the title.... they ended up losing 1-0.

Gap is now 2 pts heading into the final game and i'm bricking it. One win away from ending Shakhtar's 15 year strangehold on this league and actually winning the treble (supposing the Super Cup is seen as a competitive trophy..). Thought i'd update this now as chances are i'm gonna be too pissed to write this if it goes badly lol

Forgot to say I won the Ukrainian Cup beating Karpaty in the final. Vorskla did everybody a favour by knocking Shakhtar out on penalties in the third round. Metalist ran me close in the semis, taking me to extra time but losing

The Premier League win didn't give a huge increase to transfer money, in fact as far as I have noticed, you aren't given any prize money for competing in a season here. But unplanned, I did end up having a massive overhaul which on the whole has probably made my squad weaker, but i'm in a much better place with the Ukrainian/foriegner balance. I decided to take my chance at flogging my 29yo Uruguayan CB, he joined RB Salzburg for 18m rising to 24m. My 3rd/5th choice Ukrainian CAM/CM went to Greece for 9m. On the eve of the season my below average back-up Ukrainian RM had a 10m offer from Metalist, so I brought in a Zorya ST who can play AMR.. it was that sort of summer. Obviously then I had the young Slovakian lad join Man UFC for 69m who has barely played for them, I replaced him with a 50-cap Ukrainian CDM who is just as capable playing CB. All in all i'm down to 8 foriengers in the entire squad, i'd say two/maybe three I can live without. If i'm to start competing in Europe I think my tactic has to be to make sure my 7 FGN's are 4+ plus really. Had an 18m transfer budget, ended up spending 44m but raked in 113m. Also managed to make my first club Obolon Kyiv our feeder club.

Winning the league meant I didn't have the cluttered fixture schedule with European qualifiers, clearing the way for me to win my 14 first games of the league season. The fixture list was quite kind to us with the more difficult fixtures against Shakhtar, Metalist, Vorskla and Dnipro being at home in the first half of the season. Shakhtar was that 14th game for me, beating them 5-0, which summed up their sloppy start to the season. That result moved me 14pts clear of them albeit having played one game more. Nearest challengers Metalist were only a few points above them. 15th game I disappointedly conceded a last minute equalier to low-midtable Rukh Lviv. An unbeaten season was an attainable target now, but had the daunting 29th game away at Shakhtar, who were unbeaten at that stage last season before bottling the title losing the final two lol Justice for the Rukh game saw me equalise the in 92min at Dnipro to keep the unbeaten run alive. Game 28, a couple of games after i'd wrapped up the title, I had a comfortable 2-0 lead over Zorya before completely randomly shipping two goals in the last 10mins and if anything, was lucky to hold on to draw. Shakhtar away ended up being a pretty dull game which suited me, finished 0-0. A 6-1 win over Rukh Lviv on the final day and i've completed my first ever FM unbeaten season. The unbeaten run actually goes deep into the previous season, we're now at 47 games.

Ukrainian Cup we were unfortunate to draw Shakhtar away in the semis, which was going swimmingly at HT until two early 2nd half goals and a red card for me contributed to a 5-1 loss, which broke my run of domestic cup wins that went back to the 27/28 season. Champions League was a highlight, topping a group alongside Legia Warsaw, knocking out Liverpool and Ajax in the process with a game to spare. Lost the first leg at Atl Madrid 2-0 before racing into a 3-0 inside 20mins in the home leg, going on to win 4-1. Chelsea then knocked us out 2-0 (a) and 1-0 (h) in the QF. Convincingly beat Shakhtar in the Super Cup for the second year running.

Star striker Pavel Hynek bagged 49 goals, 46 of them in the league in just 25 (2) appearances. Slovakian winger Stefan Duris who I bought along from Slovan Bratislava won World Young Footballer of the year as well as Slovak Player & Young player of the year. Think he might be the next player I can sell for silly money but would rather keep him. Need to have a bit of a focus on the academy sides this summer and do some talent spotting for them. The u19's won the Champions League despite not being anything special IMO.

Have completed 15 seasons now and (to my standards) been pretty successful

Ukrainian Premier League x2

Ukrainian First League x1

Ukrainian First League Play Off Winners x1

Ukrainian Super Cup x2

Ukrainian Cup x2

Slovakian First Division x3

Slovakian FA Cup x4

Czechoslovakian Super Cup x3

Slovak Manager of the Year x4 (also entered Slovakian and English Hall of Fame lol)

Ukrainian Coach of the Season x1 (soon to be x2 I would think)

21/22 - Obolon Kyiv - First League - 4th (play off winners)
22/23 - Obolon Kyiv (July-January) - Premier League / PFC Lviv (January >) - Premier League - 15th (relegation)
23/24 - PFC Lviv - First League - 1st
24/25 - PFC Lviv (July-December) - Premier League / Zorya Luhansk (December >) - Premier League - 6th
25/26 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 5th (Euro Conference League qualification)
26/27 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 6th

27/28 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 7th

28/29 - Slovan Bratislava (November >) - First Division - 3rd (Slovakian Cup winners)

29-30 - Slovan Bratislava - First Divison - 1st Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

30/31 - Slovan Bratislava - First Division - 1st (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

31/32 - Slovan Bratislava - First Division - 1st (Slovakian Cup winners)

32/33 - Slovan Bratislava (July-November) - First Division - N/A (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners)

32/32 - Dynamo Kyiv (November >) - Premier League - 3rd

33/34 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 2nd (Ukrainian Cup winners)

34/35 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup Winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

35/36 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners)

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Finally ****ing done!

Won the third tier and now into the professional second tier. Finances finally in the green. Schaan going pro. 

More importantly, absolutely whacked Vaduz in the Cup 4-1 and qualified for the Conference League! Dollar, dollar, dollar. Should win the first round. Vaduz normally go out at the playoff round. 

Liechtenstein matters - we finished fourth in a group after beating Slovakia home and away but couldn't see off Israel. Now in our highest ever ranking. Got into the Euro qualifying playoffs but was done by Cyprus in extra time (whom are another bogey team). Would have had Greece, so unlikely to qualify. Nations League B is Northern Ireland, Sweden and Serbia. 

How minted are Lugano that far ahead?

3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Are Basel okay on your game? Noticed on mine they had two stints in the 2nd tier bizarrely

Average - haven't won the league since starting up. Young Boys dominate; literally won the league every year. Zurich are the team who've dropped before. 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Spend a couple of million a year - mid-table in top flight every season 

The AI is awful at spending sugar daddy cash though, there's loads in the lower leagues of Portugal who never achieve anything because the AI never spends well.

Just done Malmö. Helped by the Euros being on, they missed their best player. 1-0 and 1-0. Pure shithouse, counter attack. 

Off Georgia next after the league didn’t give an extra rest day, so cracking start to the new league season for the part timers 

Thats £70k earned by the European run though 

13 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The AI is awful at spending sugar daddy cash though, there's loads in the lower leagues of Portugal who never achieve anything because the AI never spends well.

The AI is awful at recruitment full stop tbh. It's one of the biggest problems with the game as a whole. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The AI is awful at recruitment full stop tbh. It's one of the biggest problems with the game as a whole. 

That's true but there's certain sides with rich owners, mainly those not in a top division who seem to refuse to spend anything at all. 

Won the league for the 3rd time in a row. CL was disappointing but was expected in a group with Juventus and Real Madrid. EL was even more disappointing being knocked out by Hertha Berlin in the first knockout round. Sold my CAM to Liverpool for 55m and replaced him with a Brazilian called Jaja. Signed Shakhtar's old RB who had spent the last 6 months in the middle east. Won the Super Cup and Ukrainian Cup

22/23 - Obolon Kyiv (July-January) - Premier League / PFC Lviv (January >) - Premier League - 15th (relegation)
24/25 - PFC Lviv (July-December) - Premier League / Zorya Luhansk (December >) - Premier League - 6th
25/26 - Zorya Luhansk - Premier League - 5th (Euro Conference League qualification)

28/29 - Slovan Bratislava (November >) - First Division - 3rd (Slovakian Cup winners)

29-30 - Slovan Bratislava - First Divison - 1st Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

30/31 - Slovan Bratislava - First Division - 1st (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners, Slovakian Cup Winners)

32/33 - Slovan Bratislava (July-November) - First Division - N/A (Czechoslovakian Super Cup winners)

34/35 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup Winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

36/37 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

• Like 2

Giving Peru another go, probably the only playable South American nation I haven't done a long term save in. 

Tried one previously and didn't read the league rules properly and ended up being deducted like 20 odd points, so at least that won't happen again this time.

On 03/05/2022 at 22:54, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just done Malmö. Helped by the Euros being on, they missed their best player. 1-0 and 1-0. Pure shithouse, counter attack. 

Off Georgia next after the league didn’t give an extra rest day, so cracking start to the new league season for the part timers 

Thats £70k earned by the European run though 

Quick update 

Got whack by Aarau opening day understandably 5-0 but managed to win our first home game 4-2 in front of the cameras after a long trip to Georgia. 

Won 9-4 on aggy and got a few ressies playing second leg, so Lechia Gdansk next. The final round will be a huge opponent unless we get very lucky with the draw. 

The squad restrictions are tough in Swiss Second Tier, just 21 players allowed and UEFA rules with their home grown rules are hurting as my youth system is cack. Only now will I be able to afford the infrastructure changes. 

We've made about £400k this season so far - the wage bill gap from the top of the league is huge to me. 

I've been offered the Sweden job!

EDIT: Through to the next round versus Cluj!

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

37/38 won nothing lol. Signed a 35yo Ukrainian international CB from Porto on a free who still had great attributes, gamble paid off very well. Sold my 30yo CM Croatian for 36m and replaced him with a young Dutch CM from PSV for 29m. Lost patience with my average Ukrainian GK, looked for years for a top Ukrainian GK without any joy so had to plump for a Serbian bloke. Thankfully managed to get through the season with no major issues with regards to meeting the foriegners rule.

Lost the Super Cup. Topped an easier CL group of Liverpool, Lyon and Salzburg. Lost first knockout leg to Atl Madrid 2-0 away (just like a few years ago), pulled it back to 2-2 in the 2nd leg then managed to collapse and lost 3-2 on the night lol A week before I battered Vorskla 1-1 in the Cup and obviously went on to lose on penalties. In the middle of both those games I lost 2-1 at Shakhtar which took the title out of my hands. 10 games left, 2pts behind them but with both our games finishing 2-1 either way, it meant GD would be key at the end of the season, at this point I had a GD about 15 greater than Shakhtar. Won the final 10 games scoring 46 goals in the process, finished just short of a +100 GD on 97. Shakhtar came through a few difficult away games at the end to my annoyance to hold on. I finished on 80pts from a possible 90, highest points total not to win the league.

Had some South Korean bloke take over in the winter and stick the club on the stock market. Don't recall anything like this happening to me before lol but its not made a great deal of difference, added about 10m to my 60m TB. Nothing obvious for me to improve on in the summer so I might take a look at pinching a player or two from Shakhtar/Metalist and the like. Shakhtar's LW machine has announced his retirement so that will hopefully weaken them. Became a challenge for me in the winter to keep on to my Ukrainian squad fillers who were attracting silly money bids from other teams. Will contemplate flogging my star striker since i've been here, scored 194 in 197 games but he's now the wrong side of 30 and *only* hit 22 in 25(8) this season lol

On the plus side Dnipro beat Shakhtar in the Cup Final to stop them winning the treble.

36/37 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 1st (Ukrainian Super Cup winners, Ukrainian Cup winners)

37/38 - Dynamo Kyiv - Premier League - 2nd