Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/uefa-champions-league/story/3646148/liverpool-fans-to-be-assured-of-safety-at-napoli-after-police-briefing-sources

"I have fears going back -- without a doubt," he told ESPN FC. "When we were there last time it was horrendous. My mate was taken to hospital by taxi from the ground and the taxi was attacked.

"The night before the game, I booked about 10 of us in a place called the Piazza Bellini in Naples. But I didn't know the square opposite, about 10 metres outside the hotel, was the meeting place of one of their main ultra groups. Word got round when we checked in and when we went out to look for a pizza, they were all waiting for us.

"Word got out that we were there and the next thing, there were scooters, motorbikes, chains, just trying to run you over and everything. Horrendous. Horrendous."

https://www-goal-com.translate.goog/it/news/64/curve-e-tifosi/2008/09/04/849577/tornano-a-parlare-gli-ultras-del-napoli-nè-angeli-nè-mostri?_x_tr_sl=it&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB

For a few days, at least from an official point of view, they silently witnessed the media tam tam that saw them as protagonists. Forty-eight hours after having taken the hardest blow, with the ban on travel for the whole championship, the Ultras of Napoli are back to talking. They did so through the representatives of the organized groups, in a conference set up in the heart of the Neapolitan capital, in Piazza Bellini: 

'' We want the people of Naples, our families and our friends to know that the ultras did not leave for Rome with belligerent intentions - the Ultras have explained -. It 's true, we are not angels, but we are not criminals or Camorra: we are not monsters". 

You are being played. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/uefa-champions-league/story/3646148/liverpool-fans-to-be-assured-of-safety-at-napoli-after-police-briefing-sources

"I have fears going back -- without a doubt," he told ESPN FC. "When we were there last time it was horrendous. My mate was taken to hospital by taxi from the ground and the taxi was attacked.

"The night before the game, I booked about 10 of us in a place called the Piazza Bellini in Naples. But I didn't know the square opposite, about 10 metres outside the hotel, was the meeting place of one of their main ultra groups. Word got round when we checked in and when we went out to look for a pizza, they were all waiting for us.

"Word got out that we were there and the next thing, there were scooters, motorbikes, chains, just trying to run you over and everything. Horrendous. Horrendous."

https://www-goal-com.translate.goog/it/news/64/curve-e-tifosi/2008/09/04/849577/tornano-a-parlare-gli-ultras-del-napoli-nè-angeli-nè-mostri?_x_tr_sl=it&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB

For a few days, at least from an official point of view, they silently witnessed the media tam tam that saw them as protagonists. Forty-eight hours after having taken the hardest blow, with the ban on travel for the whole championship, the Ultras of Napoli are back to talking. They did so through the representatives of the organized groups, in a conference set up in the heart of the Neapolitan capital, in Piazza Bellini: 

'' We want the people of Naples, our families and our friends to know that the ultras did not leave for Rome with belligerent intentions - the Ultras have explained -. It 's true, we are not angels, but we are not criminals or Camorra: we are not monsters". 

You are being played. 

Where about you staying over here mate? 

33 minutes ago, jordanlcfc said:

Where about you staying over here mate? 

Covid ruled me out but I was booked to stay in Chiaia area of the city. 

Spoke to fans who’ve been before with Liverpool and Arsenal including people who go watch Napoli and they generally say Chiaia and Vomero are better areas/safer. The well off locals live in that area. 

I’ve just googled Chiaia pubs and Vomero pubs; plenty available. In Italy, you generally don’t find ‘pubs’. It’s bars with plenty of good food. They are also empty until about 9 at night. 

• Like 1