Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Levein to ring changes

I think we can be even better defensively. If someone else comes in and takes his position then they will stay in.

We only conceded one goal in 4 games Craig :rolleyes: And he also said the latter before the Sheffield Wednesday game, Sheehan hasn't been seen since in the league.

Johansson looks certain to be dropped from left back then, it's anyones guess who will play there now. Gilbert? Sheehan? Tiatto? Nahhh, he'll shove Kisnorbo in there.

I thought Tiatto made a difference when he came on on saturday , i just hope he dont play Kisnorbo there when there are other left backs who can play

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/sub/L...~744173,00.html

After listening to this I also think he has been reading this site.

At last he's acknowledged that we have a problem at left back. Brownie point to Craig.

Now I just hope he thinks Sheffield Wednesday (two goal victory), Chelsea Reserves (Sheehan shone as skipper), the Reserves game where he dictated play and blasted two goals (one disallowed) from viciously swerving free-kicks (while playing cente back) and resolves to give the lad a real chance. Not five minutes of one mistake and you're out.

And I'd play Tiatto left midfield to help with the interchanging and Hammill left wing to give a complete unit that can develop down that flank.

Have a feeling from what he says that he might go Hammond, Hume up front.

You know:

Douglas;

Maybury, Paddy, Gerrbrand (or Dublin), Sheehan;

Smith, Hughes, Tiatto, Hammill;

Hume, Hammond/MDV.

..... has a positive look about it and is either the best or close to the best that we've got.

But hasn't it been a long time coming if, indeed, it's what he goes for.?

Still might not win - Watford are decent - but it's what we should be using as the prototype.

Seven or eight attackers....and plenty of speed and energy.

Go for it Craig. Don't kop out at the 11th hour.

I thought Tiatto made a difference when he came on on saturday , i just hope he dont play Kisnorbo there when there are other left backs who can play

Tiatto, given chance to rid himself of rustiness, can be an asset but he must discipline himself not to give fouls away. McCarthy's improved in this way and so can Tiatto. Given chance to form an understanding and some fine-tuning by Craig and Sheehan, Tiatto, Hammill can be quite effective on the left.

I quite like the above line up but I'd probably have Smith down the left, Hammond right wing even though he's sh it and Hume/one other up front.

And more importantly keep the same side, don't keep chopping and changing, i'm yet to hear Levein pre match come out with the words "No, no changes for today"

Tonight will go a long way in showing how much Levein rates Sheehan at this present time. The problem is Levein has got so mnay options at left back it's too hard to predict and I think even he gets confused by it.

I think Tiatto will play with possibly Sheehan on the bench or visa versa hopefully. It would be unfair on Sheehan if the other fringe player (Gilbert) got a game because in recent reserve games Sheehan has been alot more talented than Gilbert has.

If Kisnorbo gets a game at left back, then I will lose all faith with Levein's selection policy.

Sheehan all the way for me.

Over-reaction from the media about this story or what? I've seen what he says in the interview and he doesn't 'blast' Nissa or say he'll never be back in the team as some articles have suggested. In my opinion Levein's criticism is justified.

Over-reaction from the media about this story or what? I've seen what he says in the interview and he doesn't 'blast' Nissa or say he'll never be back in the team as some articles have suggested. In my opinion Levein's criticism is justified.

It is justified but I do get the feeling that something's not quite right. I think Nissa has perhaps moaned about not being at centre back and Levein has taken offence, he's then had abit of a mre at left back and Levein has got his own back. It's all abit disturbing, he publically critices Maybury, then falls out with Williams who has vanished and now publically critices Nissa. There are also rumours he went in a mardy when Hume came back from international duty 'tired'. Is he losing the plot or are we reading too much in to it? It does seem the players might be abit bewildered with him.

Archived